4.30 star(s) 253 Votes

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Love the game and I don't mind the slow burn, but it almost feels like there are two writers on team...one for Main character, other for everyone else. It's jarringly out of place, given his background.
He should act more like MC from Philly Games than Big Brother dweeb pervert.

darth_hiruma

Jan 13, 2020
The minuscule size of these updates doesn't help the developer. Combine that with the immaturity of the main character, the perverseness of the aunt, and the sheltered innocence of Emma and it all makes this story so :rolleyes: . On the plus side at least the renders are fantastic, even if the characters all make ridiculous decisions.

The developer needs to go back through the game and make the MC actually act like a professional instead of like:

View attachment 719372
V0.1 - I'm a professional. I can separate work and pleasure.
V0.2 - Oh my lady. Can I kiss your hand and profound my undying love?

Reactions: MrFriendly

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Everyone who gave this game 3 stars because it was too short, but said it was great should probably go back and change their ratings because it now has enough content to not call short. Just my 2 cents.

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
This update was better in size and at least ended in a good spot.

You skipped the "Dinner" scene entirely though, which seemed just weird. There was plenty of time for Emma and Lucy to voice their opinions about him to Charlotte during dinner, it would have made for a better transition. Than just "daytime" suddenly "night time at the hot tub". It would have been especially good if you had Emma asking why he wasn't there, and put Charlotte on the spot.

Also Lucy says something like "I have to tell him about Charley before he decides to leave" but then never does. I mean, if it's that urgent that you feel you need to divulge your sister's secrets, you should probably do it asap

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
I like the different personalities of the characters, however...and this might be just me, at this point I don't want shit to do with Charlotte. This is the only game so far I would actually take the game over for dropping the job.

Now, I am not saying she should be throwing herself at the MC, but to be that aggressive, condensending and just plain a colossal bitch when it is for her daughters safety? Yet she can't get over her hang ups and didnt even realize her daughter told her the MC was a nice guy? Yeah the bitch factor needs to be dialed back a bit.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
I like the different personalities of the characters, however...and this might be just me, at this point I don't want shit to do with Charlotte. This is the only game so far I would actually take the game over for dropping the job.

Now, I am not saying she should be throwing herself at the MC, but to be that aggressive, condensending and just plain a colossal bitch when it is for her daughters safety? Yet she can't get over her hang ups and didnt even realize her daughter told her the MC was a nice guy? Yeah the bitch factor needs to be dialed back a bit.
did you see those 3 flashback images of her?

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Trouble with that is some games have enough content in version 0.1 and others have not enough yet for that at 5th update.
You a not wrong, but there has to be some sort of middle ground. Or else reviews that contain (not enough content so I'm rating it lower, should not be allowed). Again, my 2 cents.

Reactions: Yarxoc

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You a not wrong, but there has to be some sort of middle ground. Or else reviews that contain (not enough content so I'm rating it lower, should not be allowed). Again, my 2 cents.
Well in a way if reviewer says that, it is not unfair since other readers can see with that it is rated higher on story and graphics. It is up to the reader then to play the game or not in current version. I am a bit on the fence with this one, even if an 0.3 it seems to be more prologue territory yet. Still the overall remarks are good enough to peak my interest.

User reviews will always suffer from bias, saw a review today where player gave a game a 1 star review for just one scene of the whole game ....... People should not rate games to start with unless the game is their thing or at least professes to be. Me reviewing a game where the NPC's get all the action would be unfair of me, unless the story is so incredibly good I can do it based of that.

Fission Mailed

Modder
Nov 27, 2017
After checking through the CGI...nothing looked worthy of being behind a passworded unlock button but maybe its some of the "missing" content people are asking for? *shrugs*
Password V3 = thuringer

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Well in a way if reviewer says that, it is not unfair since other readers can see with that it is rated higher on story and graphics. It is up to the reader then to play the game or not in current version. I am a bit on the fence with this one, even if an 0.3 it seems to be more prologue territory yet. Still the overall remarks are good enough to peak my interest.

User reviews will always suffer from bias, saw a review today where player gave a game a 1 star review for just one scene of the whole game ....... People should not rate games to start with unless the game is their thing or at least professes to be. Me reviewing a game where the NPC's get all the action would be unfair of me, unless the story is so incredibly good I can do it based of that.
1 star ratings based on one scene should be reported. That doesn't meet the criteria for a review as set forth by F 95. As for myself. I look at a new games thumbnail renders and read the overview. If I'm interested I play it. If I like it and it has enough meaningful choices, it probably gets a walkthrough. The only reason I even have issue with reviews is I see many that do not judge the game on it's merits, but on something like content. Or, you simple have trolls like the one you mentioned, who will rate stuff badly because they are just probably not a very good people. That said, ratings matter to a lot of people (much more than they should imo), and it affects greatly if a game gets supported or not. I think the worst are the "so called" experts who rate everything, but have never created anything in their lives. Those are as bad as the trolls.

Zoey Raven

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
To me the game is still too short, however I edited my review to make it clear I was speaking of episode 1... It may be 6-7 updates before it has enough content where the length won't be a disappointment in terms of character development and plot advancement.

I would not prevent reviews until the 3rd update, I would like to see a review chart that shows over time how the reviews trended. If the first release received overwhelmingly negative or positive reviews and then, as more content was release, trended upwards/downwards it would help people gauge expectations. There is too much variance in quality and quantity to change the review system so that games don't receive reviews until release 3.
I like the variance part of your argument. This could be beneficial, but then again, also have to consider who is doing the rating. Trolls abound. Hell, Freeloading Family is starting to get bad reviews because it is ending? Was it supposed to go on forever? IDK, maybe there should be a mod assigned to only look at reviews. I'm not sure what the answer is to be honest.

4.30 star(s) 253 Votes