4.30 star(s) 253 Votes

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah.. I feel like any rational person would have gotten cameras installed around the house's perimeter as soon as it became apparent that a stalker was involved.
Yeah this is really a little oversight perhaps for story plot. Are we really being serious suggesting someone like Charlotte would not already have security cameras? That's stretching disbelief.

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
I came here for the beautiful ladies and renders. As much as they are great, I'm staying for the day MC starts to exact revenge on all these weak ass Hillside wannabe playboys! Well done HillsideVN. After reading the last few pages and playing the update, the story has hooked the players and we are all in on this journey. I hope you will throw us a few minor morsels of human excrement to bash up soon.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Thanks for this valuable piece of information. I was thinking about putting one in...will not do now. (y)

Cheers, DB.
Thanks,I did not mean it like you cannot use cliffhangers at all. Just be careful you do not let it hang on a part where it leaves players anxious or frustrated, since it will take time before you can resolve the situation. Let me try to give an example with a positive cliffhanger:

Say for example you at a certain moment plan a dinner date and a first sex scene with someone where it is intimated in game something might happen after that date. Now if you put the cliffhanger at the moment they go on the date almost all players will be enthusiastic and look forward to next episode. If you put that same cliffhanger after end of date where they are naked already lying on the bed, him ready to slide it in, people will be frustrated that they missed out instead of excited for next episode. :p

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Thanks,I did not mean it like you cannot use cliffhangers at all. Just be careful you do not let it hang on a part where it leaves players anxious or frustrated, since it will take time before you can resolve the situation. Let me try to give an example with a positive cliffhanger:

Say for example you at a certain moment plan a dinner date and a first sex scene with someone where it is intimated in game something might happen after that date. Now if you put the cliffhanger at the moment they go on the date almost all players will be enthusiastic and look forward to next episode. If you put that same cliffhanger after end of date where they are naked already lying on the bed, him ready to slide it in, people will be frustrated that they missed out instead of excited for next episode. :p
Or he could creat a cliffhanger just to wind people up and creat a thousand pages of speculation here lol.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Or he could creat a cliffhanger just to wind people up and creat a thousand pages of speculation here lol.
Yeah but winding up players also turns at least part of them off, while if put the cliffhanger at a safer/better moment you will still generate the excitement you want, but without the anxiousness or frustration. :p Remember it will be at least a month before dev can bring out next update to resolve the situation.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
Yeah but winding up players also turns at least part of them off, while if put the cliffhanger at a safer/better moment you will still generate the excitement you want, but without the anxiousness or frustration. :p
yeah, we can see how they are turned off with Pink's work..., the dude ends each episode with a cliffhanger and like 50 other questions that are left to be answered, also his trademark move of cutting conversations in the most interesting moments...and for that he has 7618 patrons and a thread with 4K+ pages of comments...

it just sucks for him i guess :D

Reactions: Ragnar

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
I say write the story as you intend to Dev. Adding cameras to the outside of the home, and making sure the doors are locked before going to bed though would seem like bodyguard 101. And cliffhangers is what drives in patreons and activity for the thread, just don't do it too much.

godoff95

Mar 15, 2018
MC is a bodyguard. It would look dumb if he doesn't follow Bodyguard 101. But the mom might be afraid of hackers, hence she didn't put cameras or sensors in the first place.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
yeah, we can see how they are turned off with Pink's work..., the dude ends each episode with a cliffhanger and like 50 other questions that are left to be answered, also his trademark move of cutting conversations in the most interesting moments...and for that he has 7618 patrons and a thread with 4K+ pages of comments...

it just sucks for him i guess :D
That might also have to do with loads of sex, attractive looking female chars and such and a writing style many like. Maybe he would have even more patrons without them, who knows. :p Besides I did not say, do not use cliffhangers, just not at a horrible situation if you cannot resolve it quickly with next update and that would take a month or longer.

Reactions: HillsideVN

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Trying to emulate others success isn't a great idea, there are many clones of successful games here doing badly on Patreon.
BADIK is just one of the best games out there. DPC first VN didn't have that many followers at the beginning, he has been improving through time and gaining followers along the way.
Imo Hillside has great potential already even if we're at the early stages of development.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
That might also have to do with, attractive looking female chars
what??? :oops: you want to say Charlotte, Emma, Suzi & Lucy are not attractive??:eek: oh wow, how dare you mister :cautious:
Emma is going to be so sad when she hears about this, just you wait...

there i told her, i hope you are happy now...:cautious:

Capture2.PNG

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I don't think there's any way Charlotte is letting us install cameras in her yoga room, even if it's just to "keep her safe";)

I'll have a think about external cameras and look to add them.

Thanks for your thoughts(y)
You are welcome. But if you think about it, the new security measures are a logical next step to increase security.

Reactions: HillsideVN

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
what??? :oops: you want to say Charlotte, Emma, Suzi & Lucy are not attractive??:eek: oh wow, how dare you mister :cautious:
Emma is going to be so sad when she hears about this, just you wait...

there i told her, i hope you are happy now...:cautious:

View attachment 772145
She is super cute. :p Still for my MC she will really have to decide to full out seduce him with help and tips of aunt Lucy or I am affraid he will act more like a loving older brother to her. :p

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
She is super cute. :p Still for my MC she will really have to decide to full out seduce him with help and tips of aunt Lucy or I am affraid he will act more like a loving older brother to her. :p
she really is adorable :giggle: , i have to say one of if not the cutest character i have seen in AVN's
but my mc is going to be like a father to her, i just can't see her any other way.

Charlotte is the one i am going for, that woman is just something else :love:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
she really is adorable :giggle: , i have to say one of if not the cutest characters i have seen in AVN's
but my mc is going to be like a father to her, i just can't see her any other way.

Charlotte is the one i am going for, that woman is just something else :love:
Likely same here, though I might not be above spanking Suzi a few times if optional and if there would be an option to get together with both Charlotte and Lucy at end in one relation, I am game for sure.

4.30 star(s) 253 Votes