• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.20 star(s) 259 Votes

rinjing

Apr 21, 2017
I like strong story writing, and of course the renders too... This is good VN to me... But like several people here I quite disappointed with really short update compare to the time between update...
Dev said he have been struggling for this update.. Thus the delay... Considering he is telling the truth I feel that his machine not really capable to produce good amount of content for the said period.
Disapointed=yes. Optimist=also yes

Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
I am angry and I hate you, DarkBlue... the update ended just as it was getting to a major story development and now I can't wait for another update. The story is just so good! Another 2 months of wondering what's gonna happen next. Damn it. I hate you! xD

No, seriously, it's a really fun story with amazing characters and supported by great renders and it got me invested so much. Amazing job. My only conplain are the cliffhangers, but that can hardly be called a negative.

Last edited:

vultron

May 19, 2018
I completely agree with you that she is making the wrong choices, I'm just saying that I understand why she's making those irrational decisions and in fact I'm surprised she's even that mentally functional after nearly being beaten to death, a lot of people don't survive that sort of thing emotionally even if physically they heal.

Its a little bit like how on some level a drug addict knows they are making bad choices that will probably kill them in the long-run, but at the same time they also can't make the decision to stop.
I won't blame someone for having trauma from being raped and nearly murdered I will however blame them for setting up their own child for a similar fate no excuse is good enough for that no matter what happens in this game I'm probably going to hold that against Charlotte.

Reactions: EZ8lt

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Oct 14, 2016
I can only find .rpyc files but no .rpy so which files do i owerwrite and where ?
put the files inside the "game"folder.
If it didn't ask you to overwrite, then it's all good :D
I specifically mentioned to overwrite IF prompted, otherwise you're good to go :D

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
To everyone commenting about how small the update is, while I totally agree I'll just make this point.

High quality games with excellent stories that release with large amounts of content, typically only release twice or three times a year. Games like Pale Carnations, Light of My Life, Radiant etc. DarkBlue releases smaller updates but on a much more regular basis. So over the course of a year I'd argue the amount of content on these popular games I've mentioned would be fairly similar, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if DarkBlue releases more content overall.

So if you are annoyed at how short the updates feel, maybe try playing every 3 months instead of frantically downloading every update the nanosecond it comes out. Hard to do I know, because the story is so good and you want to know what happens next.

playb0y44

Game Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.
Hillside [v0.8] [DarkBlue] - Original Size: 868 MB

Download Win,Linux (165MB): - - -
Download Mac (149MB): - - -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
To everyone commenting about how small the update is, while I totally agree I'll just make this point.

High quality games with excellent stories that release with large amounts of content, typically only release twice or three times a year. Games like Pale Carnations, Light of My Life, Radiant etc. DarkBlue releases smaller updates but on a much more regular basis. So over the course of a year I'd argue the amount of content on these popular games I've mentioned would be fairly similar, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if DarkBlue releases more content overall.

So if you are annoyed at how short the updates feel, maybe try playing every 3 months instead of frantically downloading every update the nanosecond it comes out. Hard to do I know, because the story is so good and you want to know what happens next.
I would agree, but he started cockblocking and devolution of characters to stretch this stuff and that is just not cool. Also the update was so freaking short while the stuff that actually did happen didn't change much (except 1 scene with Emma). This wasn't worth the wait at all.

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
Hmmm I might be a one man guy this time around. Then again the older sister needs a good fucking before I date the mom. I just hope we not forced to fuck the Lucy or w/e. I get the feeling she or that model girl you saved will be the first sex you have.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
BUT it came out 3 months ago :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

So we had to play it after 3 months even though we downloaded and played it 3 seconds after it came out.

At first, it came out every 5-6 weeks, then every 2 months, now every 2 months and a half. But the updates didn't get bigger.

Should we get annoyed by this?

Well, I don't think so, since it happens everytime a Patreon game starts becoming successful.

Reactions: EZ8lt and Simpy

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Hmmm I might be a one man guy this time around. Then again the older sister needs a good fucking before I date the mom. I just hope we not forced to fuck the Lucy or w/e. I get the feeling she or that model girl you saved will be the first sex you have.
We already know we can only romance one of the 4 main ladies. What is not known is if we can fuck side characters with impunity. Also can we fuck a main character and change our mind later? Time will tell I guess, but I'll be doing multiple play throughs choosing different options to see different outcomes.

I'll bet Kaylah(sp?) will be our first sex option.

Reactions: Almighty

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I believe I have figured out one reason why this release took so long to release. I ran WinMerge between the image folders of the last release and this one, and found that nearly all the images had been re-rendered - a total of 1529 images.

I haven't visually compared any of the images to see if I could tell the difference, but that is a lot of computer churning in order to make that many changes.

Reactions: 6pak2go and Zentis

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
BUT it came out 3 months ago :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

So we had to play it after 3 months even though we downloaded and played it 3 seconds after it came out.

At first, it came out every 5-6 weeks, then every 2 months, now every 2 months and a half. But the updates didn't get bigger.

Should we get annoyed by this?

Well, I don't think so, since it happens everytime a Patreon game starts becoming successful.
Hmm, looking at my files the last update was mid January. Given this current update was two weeks later than normal, I'd say it is within the normal release timeframe. But I take your point, if updates are getting smaller and slower then there is grounds for complaint.

4.20 star(s) 259 Votes