4.20 star(s) 266 Votes

vultron

May 19, 2018
I've been enjoying the game for a while now, and there's only one scene that I've come across that (in my opinion) needs a rewrite and that's the Shop Assistant scene.

As a bodyguard, I find it hard to believe that MC would allow himself to be chased away from his client over something so trivial. Especially since the solution to the problem was just a few paces away in the change room.

Having Emma come out and say that MC is supposed to be there and having Kayla come out and tell the Shop Assistant to mind her own fucking business or lose the sale is the only logical course of action for this scene. Having MC leave his client behind makes no sense.

A minor quibble, but it rubbed me the wrong way. Another MC in another game, sure. This MC, a bodyguard, being chased off by a sexist twat-nozzle in this part of town when he's on edge for Emma's safety? No way.

Anyways, like I said, a minor thing. Loving the game so far and I'm not looking forward to the moment when I confirm Lucy's fears and choose Charlotte.
When it comes to MC being a bodyguard the least believable thing about him is the lack of literally any weapon what is MC gonna do if there is a stalker with a gun? Ask him nicely if they can fist fight?

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
When it comes to MC being a bodyguard the least believable thing about him is the lack of literally any weapon what is MC gonna do if there is a stalker with a gun? Ask him nicely if they can fist fight?
MC has a gun tho....lol

Remember? He shoves it right under Jono's nose

I was wondering why he didn't just whip it out on Carter. But then I figured it was because he thought Carter would then whip out his and might be a faster draw. And he didn't want to risk bullets flying around with Emma and Charlotte right there.

And Carter might have been a better shot than he was a knife fighter.... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Irgendwie Irgendwo

vultron

May 19, 2018
MC has a gun tho....lol

I was wondering why he didn't just whip it out on Carter. But then I figured it was because he thought Carter would then whip out his and might be a faster draw. And he didn't want to risk bullets flying around with Emma and Charlotte right there.

And Carter might have been a better shot than he was a knife fighter.... :ROFLMAO:
The vast majority of this game is MC walking around very visibly unarmed unless he is hiding a pistol in his shoe. lmao

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The gun is just there, MC is not training with it and not carrying, as he is in real danger of losing it to the older sister who only has the word of a deduction done by her room mate:
She has not felt it naywhere around his waist or his rib cage, but assumed it to be somewhere because
MC told her she should not frisk some unknown person for their gun or risk getting hurt.

When dealing with the real possibility of alienating your VIP by carrying,
MC is only taking the gun on him once he knows he is headding to a danger zone.

Even worse, MC is threatened with having to watch Carter stab Emma to death,
that was the first threat he utters, to which MC counters that he would shoot
Carter right after and Carter would not be able to kill Charli in front of him.

The ruse about the gun does hold, so much so that Carter lets Emma go.

MC has a gun tho....lol

The vast majority of this game is MC walking around very visibly unarmed unless he is hiding a pistol in his shoe. lmao

Mesmerizet

Mar 14, 2020
I accepted Kayla's offer. I dont recall the exact words but I did not get the impression that this closed off the Charlotte route.

It was something along the lines of "Oh no? Maybe this means MC doesn't like me afterall? Or maybe he only accepted her offer because he doesn't think I would ever like him back. Maybe I need to show me that i'm willing?"

So basically Charlotte sort of blames herself for MC accepting Kayla's offer and seems to consider the possibility that she needs to step up to the plate and fight for him if she wants him.

The real test will be when Charlotte realizes that Lucy is in this contest too. I also accepted Lucy's offer to become a couple and hate that there doesn't seem to be any route forward that won't horribly hurt one of them. I'm 'Team Lucy" if it comes down to it. I do think she's hotter that Charlotte visually(especially if she puts her hair back how it was in her modeling days), and it's hard not to feel for her having been used so many times in the past by guys who just wanted a shot at Charlotte EXACTLY the way Zac tried to use Emma. I think losing MC to Charlotte too would destroy her completely, and Lucy doesn't deserve to be destroyed like that. She's awesome.

I feel bad for Charlotte too if she loses out on the first man to make her feel safe after all the abuse she's endured but Lucy got there first.

And if....HUUUUUGE "if"....there is indeed some path to sharing both sisters, I think it would have to come from Lucy. As long as Lucy doesn't feel like she's "losing" to Charlotte again, Lucy might actually be willing to share to finally see her sister happy. As as long as Charlotte understands that going in, she might be open to it too.

Note I don't think either would be cool with a threesome or anything...just that they MIGHT be open to sharing but only if Lucy is "the Alpha female" in the arrangement.

It's a long shot, but the only shot I see if it is to be an option. At least where it's all out in the open and nobody is "cheating". If you don't accept Lucy's initial offer to be a couple I could maybe see her being willing to cheat behind Charlotte's back but that's a stretch too and given the way he's been written so far, I ain't sure the MC would be willing to do that even if Lucy was.

I'm certain both Lucy and Charlotte are firmly off the table if MC touches either Emma or Suzi.

I assume MC will send Charlotte to take Emma home, then call his bartender warbuddy to come help him dispose of the body.

Sidenote: You know you have a true blue ride-or-die friend if they'll drop everything and come help you hide a corpse :)

MC knows enough by now to know...or at least suspect that Carter is involved with the Sex Slavery Ring, and might reasonably anticipate that if he tries to tell the truth he'll just get setup by other corrupt cops.

Also judging from bits of slang sprinkled throughout this game I believe it's all set in Europe. Britain, most likely. And Europeans don't have nearly the level of respect for self-defense that Americans have. Red/Purple State Americans, at least. So while MC was morally right to kill Carter, it's possible he might still have violated some sort of duty-to-retreat law. A psychotically unjust law, but a law nonetheless. Further incentive to hide the body.

Maybe the agent lady will even help.
I can definitely see Steve being the buddy who drops everything and helps out a friend in need. Would be epic to see more of him in the future helping the MC and I'm almost certain that there is going to be some fun times with Steve's deal with Emma in the future. Would be nice to see some comical relief.

I see. So I think Char route isn't really something you need to commit on. Although I'm fairly certain that pursuing any of the daughters would be against it (especially Emma, she's just so young and Char's overprotective of her).

Personally I love Lucy, Charlotte and Kaylah as LIs. Suzi's also a pretty decent choice and I think most players could relate to viewing Emma as a daughter-figure.

It seems to be UK, yeah. So self-defense laws may not fly there; theoretically it was true however there's always the benefit of the doubt and room to suspect MC (not to mention he'd be known as a cop-killer). Its likely that they'll just get rid of the body and there's no blowback for Carter's death.

Man, you saw her in 1 scene only.

Honestly, I think the story is near the end. I don't think we will see more than 2 more update.

I do remember that DB wrote here that he was planning to complete the game by the end of 2022.
That could have very well be the reason why Zak was killed off in this update. The next update will
But I'm not sure if this will be rushed up, because there are certain routes that have barely started.

There's no proper sex scene with Kaylah iirc. Only scene is with Lucy rn.
Charlotte is going to take some time tbh, so don't expect to be banging her brains out in the next update.
As for Suzi's path, it has probably not even started. There's at least content for 5+ updates left and if its to be "completed" in the next 2 updates, then there's likely only going to be 1 scene per LI/route/ending.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Haha fuck my days, I dropped out like 4 releases back, just to let the game cook a little and came back to this. Jesus Christ lads.

That.... that was an ending.

• Haha
Reactions: darlic

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
As always, anytime there is an update to Hillside it is a great day.

It seems like things are speeding up. I am getting the sense that the dev is trying to wrap things up quickly, unfortunately, though I would love things to go on another year in real time!

Charlotte seems to be heating up fast for the MC which is a bit of a surprise. She seemed the slowest of slow burns.

Is Emma even an option, do you all think? It seems she thinks of the MC solely as a father figure, not as a romantic interest for herself. Plus, not sure the MC would even go with it if she changed her mind.

Poor Zac. He is reprehensible for sure, but I would have preferred an end where he was kicked to the curb by Emma, but he was still alive. But I'll take it.

I loved, loved, the scene with Lucy. Whew, she is hot as hell, and I like her personality a lot better than Charlotte. Sure, she doesn't have quite the supermodel look, but she is quite beautiful. And that outfit. Yum.

The scene with Carter was a shit-show, in my opinion. Even if Carter is a complete idiot, why would he give up his hostage to fight one on one without a gun, to a bodyguard 10 years his junior, and in much better shape. I can only assume he was massively drugged, though it wasn't hinted in the game. This was the weakest part of the update in my opinion, and seemed extremely rushed. I hope the dev has a solid plan for gracefully finishing the story, without shortchanging the characters.

If you are reading Darkblue, don't pull a Freeloading Family and just end it quickly. Don't feel pressure to update at any interval other than what works for you. Take your time, let's enjoy ourselves with the characters, no need to end it in a few more updates, unless you just hate working on it. The fans want Hillside to continue!

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
Even if Carter is a complete idiot, why would he give up his hostage to fight one on one without a gun, to a bodyguard 10 years his junior, and in much better shape.
The simplest answer, however unsatisfactory it may be, is that:
  1. The confrontation was deeply personal.
  2. If Carter fails, his life is forfeit.
  3. Carter may be unhinged, psychotic as alluded to by other members of the Hillside Cartel.
  4. His ire is focused only on MC, Emma never mattered.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Smarmint

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
1. lucy tries to tempt mc
2. after party scene
3. family vacation and emma is seasick and other daughter is taking care of her
4. emma follows mommy's footsteps
5. she's thinking mc

4.20 star(s) 266 Votes