4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Yes but you said a dev can resubmit a game
And that person said they can't that's what I was talking about
As I said, a dev can. But when you present a game that has loli-ish characters, you have to be as pertinent as you can in regards to it. The dev can still contact Valve support over it and he might get another chance at resubmission. But an actual Steam rep reviewed that game. So, only way around it is to talk to a Valve rep.

Reactions: rudy007 and Joshy92

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I had a brain fart for a second and forgot Emma was in college not high school
You're right this should be safe

If Emma was in high school, I don't think they would have accepted it though
Emma is in High School...she is about to gradute (out of school because she doesn;t want to go back) and deciding on whether to persue college or work for the designer. Brain fart indeed Joshy..how could you of all people forget this?

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Emma is in High School...she is about to gradute (out of school because she doesn;t want to go back) and deciding on whether to persue college or work for the designer. Brain fart indeed Joshy..how could you of all people forget this?
I just checked her bio in game
And it says she is studying at college

Was she in high school earlier in the game? I have forgotten tbh

Reactions: rudy007

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020

Damn Joshy, that brain fart is contagious :)
I also forgot for a minute that she was in college. And she faces the choice of finishing college or going to an internship to Valentini.

Reactions: rudy007 and Joshy92

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

Then one is wrong, or darkblue is not American and has no clue what he talking about. Very clearly in game..part of the plot..she does want to to return to school to graduate and will do so at home and finish her final project there. There are multiple discussions with characters as to whether Emma should go to 'college'...or work for the designer.

Suzi is in college. Emma is not.... If Emma was in her final year of college..she would not be 18 now would she? Think about it....this is just another fucking annoying story where an 18 year old should ALREADY be in college....as 18yo's leave high School at that age...their final year...which would leave any plot/story/VN a maybe 3 month window in which to operate in a 'school' setting as the vast majority would have already left 'school' in the summer in preperation for an autumn start semester at college.

Damn Joshy, that brain fart is contagious :)
I also forgot for a minute that she was in college. And she faces the choice of finishing college or going to an internship to Valentini.
Again...since when did 18 year olds in the States finish 'college'....

She is younger than Suzi...who is in college....

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Then one is wrong, or darkblue is not American and has no clue what he talking about. Very clearly in game..part of the plot..she does want to to return to school to graduate and will do so at home and finish her final project there. There are multiple discussions with characters as to whether Emma should go to 'college'...or work for the designer.

Suzi is in college. Emma is not.... If Emma was in her final year of college..she would not be 18 now would she? Think about it....this is just another fucking annoying story where an 18 year old should ALREADY be in college....as 18yo's leave high School at that age...their final year...which would leave any plot/story/VN a maybe 3 month window in which to operate in a 'school' setting as the vast majority would have already left 'school' in the summer in preperation for an autumn start semester at college.

I just checked Suzi's bio
And it says she is studying at university

It's been a while since I played so I have forgotten a lot of the dialogue
You're probably right she says college
I'm just going by what the bio says

Reactions: rudy007

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I just checked Suzi's bio
And it says she is studying at university

It's been a while since I played so I have forgotten a lot of the dialogue
You're probably right she says college
I'm just going by what the bio says
University? lol...

So basically dark is trying to fudge the system and avoid issues and make it a European/UK system then, even though it is so obviously set in the States. Part of the problem probably comes from the interchangeable use of the word college in the states, even if they mean University (further creating problems with bio descriptions). Fact of the matter though still remains that no 18yo would be finishing 'college'...they would be finishing High School though and while college and university can mostly be the same within the states (as in most universities are also and have a college within them..like Harvard fro example)...darkblue is obviously making a distinction between the two...and that distinction fails miserably under scrutiny.

He obviously wants Emma to be at shool and Suzi to be at college..but his play on words to avoid any issues complicates his plot because it quite frankly...can't exist. If Emma was finishing/graduating college..she would be 20+....in the States or in Europe...

I still wonder how Steam would treat that though.

Clears it up the confusion then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yngling and rudy007

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
As I said, a dev can. But when you present a game that has loli-ish characters, you have to be as pertinent as you can in regards to it. The dev can still contact Valve support over it and he might get another chance at resubmission. But an actual Steam rep reviewed that game. So, only way around it is to talk to a Valve rep.
I have only one question; how to determine age of a digital characters? Many devs make them shorter than their parents (read: mom), and expect them to believe it isn't a loli. (There are few exceptions, but a 18 yo is higher then their mom in most cases... Some devs try to explain it somehow (short grandparents etc.) but they still act as 13 yo. That mean dev go directly against Steam policies and hope what? Do devs think, Steam will not see it? Devs just like to walk that fine gray line.

Last edited:
Reactions: damnedfrog

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I have only one question; how to determine age of a digital characters? Many devs make them shorter than their parents (read: mom), and expect them to believe it isn't a loli. (There are few exceptions, but a 18 yo is higher then their mom in most cases... Some devs try to explain it somehow (short grandparents etc.) but they still act as 13 yo. That mean dev go directly against Steam policies and hope what? Do they devs think, Steam will not see it? Devs just like to walk that fine gray line.
Ask the Australian government. Most of the current shit going on is because of that. If the girl has no boobs and is under 5 feet tall, she's basically jailbait now a days.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020

Yeah, guys have already cleared it up, Emma is in college and is going to the university, so it looks like non-States education system. :)
Actually, I don't remember any direct mention of the country where this story takes place. So only the author can tell. But Joshy's point still stands: it's better to clarify such things before submitting the game to avoid any ambiguity. Cause even we're a slightly confused. Maybe a fictional country that resembles a mixture of the States and Europe.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yeah, guys have already cleared it up, Emma is in college and is going to the university, so it looks like non-States education system. :)
Actually, I don't remember any direct mention of the country where this story takes place. So only the author can tell. But Joshy's point still stands: it's better to clarify such things before submitting the game to avoid any ambiguity. Cause even we're a slightly confused. Maybe a fictional country that resembles a mixture of the States and Europe.
I know one thing yossa, My feelings for Emma couldn't be any more clear
She is my future wife

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
When it comes to Emma's school. I think all that would need to be changed is to mention that Emma is transferring to a university from a college. As if I recall right Emma is about to turn 19 so could say she has been in college for a year already and decided to transfer to a better school. That way it seems less confusing if she was in college or high school.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes