4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I thought it said she was in a college and then would be going / transferring to a university. I'm probably wrong cause School does make more sense.
well where she has gotten education looks more high school than college.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
States...leave high school at 18 and then college (which would be Uni in Europe).
well where she has gotten education looks more high school than college.
I was just going by what I recall reading in the game might be misremembering. I just assumed it was more on the lines that she was transferring to a university cause I do know sometimes people will go to a lesser college at first then transfer to a better one or University. That and having a specialized class for fashion design in high school doesn't seem like it would be common. But i'm probably wrong that was just my thoughts on the matter of her schooling.

Edit : But her age High School does make more sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yngling

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I was just going by what I recall reading in the game might be misremembering. I just assumed it was more on the lines that she was transferring to a university cause I do know sometimes people will go to a lesser college at first then transfer to a better one or University. That and having a specialized class for fashion design in high school doesn't seem like it would be common. But i'm probably wrong that was just my thoughts on the matter of her schooling.

Edit : But her age High School does make more sense.
Really...it's a HUGE fecking issue with most school set VN's.

Basically (considering most are set in the States also)...at 18 (because of Visa/Patreon?Steam issues)...you should be in your last few months of high school...it would be your final year....so setting a VN...with 18yo's...in high school...just doesn't really work...they should already be in college by the time Aug came.

• Haha
Reactions: Dessolos and cxx

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Really...it's a HUGE fecking issue with most school set VN's.

Basically (considering most are set in the States also)...at 18 (because of Visa/Patreon?Steam issues)...you should be in your last few months of high school...it would be your final year....so setting a VN...with 18yo's...in high school...just doesn't really work...they should already be in college by the time Aug came.
well patreon is mostly ok but steam no fucking hell.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Ems is too immature to be in college. Her idea of a party means watching the guy of her dreams bang someone in her class while she is shown too shy to even do kissing willingly, let alone groping or what that guy does to the coke whores he bangs on the day by day schedule - full anal degrading sex. So she is made absolutely underage compared to literaly everyone, even compared ot her sister who is shown to have actual believable higher education lifestyle,
while the whole take her to school debacle makes her like the little girl Creasy would drive to school in man on fire
hugely underage and absolutely removed from anything reality talks or acts like in any adult aged student.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Usually, 14-18 since most American high schools have students in grades 9-12

Freshman year, Grade 9: 14–15 year old

Sophomore year, Grade 10: 15–16 year old

Junior year, Grade 11: 16–17 year old

Senior year, Grade 12: 17–18 year old

This is the normal state of girls almost everywhere.

In today all nerdy girls know of the slutty classmates who sex and drugs,
Emms must know what her ”prince charming” is doing simply by gossip alone,
not to mention her big sis would know all about the sex parties in Hollywood we see in this game
and keep Ems away ... alas ...

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Which would change a lot of the story in the process....most of Emma's storyline revolves around leaving school and going to college/working with the fashion designer.
Steam ban most devs that have school settings. It's not worth the risk.
well they tend to be nitpicks.

as long as mc doesn't do any sexual things with emma before she's in college dev should be fine (but again knowing steam nothing is certain).
Steam don't give a shit about "oh, they're 18", if it's set in a school, it's a big fat no.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Steam ban most devs that have school settings. It's not worth the risk.

Steam don't give a shit about "oh, they're 18", if it's set in a school, it's a big fat no.
We're not talking about the risk...we're talking about darkblue having to completely rewrite major parts of the story...not as simple as just 'removing school' references.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Ems is too immature to be in college. Her idea of a party means watching the guy of her dreams bang someone in her class while she is shown too shy to even do kissing willingly, let alone groping or what that guy does to the coke whores he bangs on the day by day schedule - full anal degrading sex. So she is made absolutely underage compared to literaly everyone, even compared ot her sister who is shown to have actual believable higher education lifestyle,
while the whole take her to school debacle makes her like the little girl Creasy would drive to school in man on fire
hugely underage and absolutely removed from anything reality talks or acts like in any adult aged student.
Usually, 14-18 since most American high schools have students in grades 9-12

Freshman year, Grade 9: 14–15 year old

Sophomore year, Grade 10: 15–16 year old

Junior year, Grade 11: 16–17 year old

Senior year, Grade 12: 17–18 year old

This is the normal state of girls almost everywhere.

In today all nerdy girls know of the slutty classmates who sex and drugs,
Emms must know what her ”prince charming” is doing simply by gossip alone,
not to mention her big sis would know all about the sex parties in Hollywood we see in this game
and keep Ems away ... alas ...
Perhaps, but I think you have too high expectations of 18 year old girls. Some are indeed quite mature, others are actually quite immature. It depends for a large part on the upbringing and Emma's has been extremely sheltered.

Caeir

Jul 26, 2020
I can understand Steam's perspective. If they put a no school rule into effect, they don't have to examine every product that comes across their service. The problem with that stance is, they don't inspect every product that comes across their doorstep... How many 1st/3rd person shooters have a setting that you can go across a school ground? I know of 3 immediately and I don't even play 1st/3rd person shooters. And I can guarantee you all 3 are HUGE sellers (which may be the reason Steam ignores it). In any case, you don't have to be 18 to go to college. I knew several people in HS that attended college classes as sophomores and juniors (40 years ago). Classes like advanced calculus, engineering and computer programming were all college courses students could leave HS to attend, and they got both college and HS credit. It's a sad state when politics (and $$$) can over-ride what is considered to be legal.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Steam is very strict when it comes to games with a high school setting
And if a game is denied the dev can't resubmit it for review even if they make changes

I love this game, but I don't think steam would approve it unfortunately
Which sucks because it would be one of my favourite games on there
And a great addition to my collection

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
And if a game is denied the dev can't resubmit it for review even if they make changes

That's wrong. At least last I heard. They get one chance to fix/change the game. Then they may resubmit it. If it's still not up to their standards, it's finito.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
That's wrong. At least last I heard. They get one chance to fix/change the game. Then they may resubmit it. If it's still not up to their standards, it's finito.
This is a message another dev got about resubmitting

They could have just been extra diligent with this game
But I think it might be the same for all games

Reactions: Yngling

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020

But nothing sexual even happens at the college, just some bullying and a fight scene, so what is wrong with that?

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
This is a message another dev got about resubmitting

They could have just been extra diligent with this game
But I think it might be the same for all games
Did you actually read that? It's talking about content that was considered 'pedophilia'. If the dev had of explained the one girl's disease and not used the words 'high school' things would've been different. When presenting a game, you have to be 100% on spot with the description, otherwise it can get banned right off.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
But nothing sexual even happens at the college, just some bullying and a fight scene, so what is wrong with that?
I had a brain fart for a second and forgot Emma was in college not high school
You're right this should be safe

If Emma was in high school, I don't think they would have accepted it though

Reactions: rudy007

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Did you actually read that? It's talking about content that was considered 'pedophilia'. If the dev had of explained the one girl's disease and not used the words 'high school' things would've been different. When presenting a game, you have to be 100% on spot with the description, otherwise it can get banned right off.
Yes but you said a dev can resubmit a game
And that person said they can't that's what I was talking about

Reactions: rudy007
4.20 star(s) 265 Votes