4.20 star(s) 262 Votes

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
is the sexual assault avoidable? And if so, can you please tell me how to avoid it?

Also, if anyone's willing to make a logical guess, if you go through a single playthrough once, how many hours will it take? If it helps, I'm a pretty fast reader.
if I recall correctly it's only something like 5 - 10 renders you don't really see much. When it comes to SA in these games ive seen worst but if that's to much for you it's understandable.

Last edited:
Reactions: xapican

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
if I recall correctly it's only something like 5 - 10 renders you don't really see much. When it comes to SA in these games ive seen worst but if that's to much for you it's understandable.
I can handle it SA a lot better if I can prepare myself for it, so thanks.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
yeah the assault scenes are shown in flashbacks, nothing too detailed, but still graphic at times. There's one that's shown in real time with a side character, but it doesn't go much beyond some aggressive groping that is shut down pretty quickly.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Not a single choice/option this episode:unsure:
Can't remember if the previous Chapter had no choices either but I remember earlier there was always an option for interections or at least most of the time. This episode was 100% linear. Hope that's not a recurring thing cause it kinda takes away the immersion or maybe immersion is the wrong word. More like
Player input I guess? Making you feel like you're part of the journey and not just reading a story which is how it felt like before. This ep I was just reading text, that's about it. Not much progression in story either.

That said, Still intrested to see what happens next . Just hoping there'll be player input going forward like it was before.

Reactions: Zakalwe76

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Can't remember if the previous Chapter had no choices either but I remember earlier there was always an option for interections or at least most of the time. This episode was 100% linear. Hope that's not a recurring thing cause it kinda takes away the immersion or maybe immersion is the wrong word. More like
Player input I guess? Making you feel like you're part of the journey which is how it felt in before. This ep I was just reading text, that's about it.
well it's only 1/2 an episode and if I recall while there were choices never were that many unless that often unless I miss remember. So i'm waiting till the full episode is out to judge it fully.

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
well it's only 1/2 an episode and if I recall while there were choices never were that many unless that often unless I miss remember. So i'm waiting till the full episode is out to judge it fully.
That wasn't the full episode? I guess it did feel shorter than usual but we'll see I guess. And yeah i know there weren't many to begin with but there was just enough for the player to feel somewhat involved in the story as a pose to just reading if you get what I mean.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
That wasn't the full episode? I guess it did feel shorter than usual but we'll see I guess. And yeah i know there weren't many to begin with but there was just enough for the player to feel somewhat involved in the story as a pose to just reading if you get what I mean.
nope it was called 0.15 first half. Dev made a post saying they didn't finish in time of the deadline they set but decided to give us 1/2 of the update. Yeah I get what you mean I just recall some other parts had long stretches without much choices so you saying that about this update doesn't surprise me ( never got around to finishing it yet)

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
Player input I guess? Making you feel like you're part of the journey and not just reading a story which is how it felt like before. This ep I was just reading text, that's about it. Not much progression in story either.

That said, Still intrested to see what happens next . Just hoping there'll be player input going forward like it was before.
There was a number of path choices that were based on previous decisions. So while you didn't make the choice now, you did in the past.

Reactions: J.R.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
The following is just constructive criticism and I do not know all the facts.

The goal is to keep something like this from ever happening again.

Keep it down to 10 "chapters" (instead of "updates").

Release it all at once. One story equals one release.

Write the complete story with fewer L.I.s (only one of many possibilities, Charlotte, Suzy (who is the subject of bodyguard protection) and Charlotte's sister. No one else.

Tell a great story, start to finish. Use the old, cheap romance novels that were produced in large number, for some inspiration of how to tell the story quick and in a productive fashion. And....move on to a new novel (story, VN whatever).

This will.....require less imaging, coding, QC.

Bonus don't involve Patreon. Find another way to make money from the product (if that is your goal). Big advantage, the author doesn't need a lot of free advice and gets rid of this time waster distraction.

That's all I got. Smarter people here probably have other ideas.

I love this VN. And I think HillsideVN has done really great considering his many challenges.

1715950711890.png

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
The following is just constructive criticism and I do not know all the facts.

The goal is to keep something like this from ever happening again.

Keep it down to 10 "chapters" (instead of "updates").

Release it all at once. One story equals one release.

Write the complete story with fewer L.I.s (only one of many possibilities, Charlotte, Suzy (who is the subject of bodyguard protection) and Charlotte's sister. No one else.

Tell a great story, start to finish. Use the old, cheap romance novels that were produced in large number, for some inspiration of how to tell the story quick and in a productive fashion. And....move on to a new novel (story, VN whatever).

This will.....require less imaging, coding, QC.

Bonus don't involve Patreon. Find another way to make money from the product (if that is your goal). Big advantage, the author doesn't need a lot of free advice and gets rid of this time waster distraction.

That's all I got. Smarter people here probably have other ideas.

I love this VN. And I think HillsideVN has done really great considering his many challenges.

View attachment 3643192
The coding in this is pretty non-existant. If coding 'this' isn a problem, you have a major problem as a Ren'Py VN devloper.

Reactions: znar25

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
1 game for each female (incl. joshy's fav. suzie) could mean that most of games would be repeating 1st game's content.

sigvar

Sep 5, 2021
1 game for each female (incl. joshy's fav. suzie) could mean that most of games would be repeating 1st game's content.
Yep, this is my main gripe with those games that are designed to be played through multiple times. It is just filler for different visuals and is the same kind of repetition strategy used by sandbox games.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Yep, this is my main gripe with those games that are designed to be played through multiple times. It is just filler for different visuals and is the same kind of repetition strategy used by sandbox games.
you hardly have any idea what are you talking about.:LUL:
may i suggest you to go back to nlt, kns, and harem fuckfests with "choices"...?
thanks for participating in this (wrong for you) thread (y)

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Was gonna wait till Part 2 to play the update but couldn't wait haha i'll just replay the game when part 2 comes. After playing this update honestly I loved it can't think of anything I disliked personally but that's also cause im Team Charlotte. I also love the new color in Emma's room looks alot better now.

Reactions: linkinn

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
So this game is now 4 years old. Only up to 17/80 achievements are possible. Four of the main characters need intensive trauma therapy. The fifth character is an 18 year old developmentally retarded girl with the intellectual and emotional quotient of a 12 year old and has abandonment issues on top of that.
Well it is an extreme slow burn game. idk I think the characters are great tho I do admit the way Emma acts is the main reason I have no interest in her. Even if she is about to turn 19 would still really weird to me age difference aside.

4.20 star(s) 262 Votes