enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
I agree that the vehicle physics are a bit funky. If you have a decent fps then the speed should be relatively high. I know the issue about falling out through the world if you exit the vehicle when it's flipped. Thanks for reminding me and I will add it to my bug list.

You can turn the headlights on by pressing "L".
Thank you. My fps isn't so good because I'm using a card that's past it's support lifetime, yet this runs smoother than any other UnReal Engine game I've dloaded from here, so well done on optimization.

testry

Sep 18, 2017
I agree the footsteps sound is annoying but not only because it's loud. It doesn't seem real in this context (sounds too metalic, like high heels).
I recommend replacing it with a soft sound like stepping bare-feet on the grass. A tchi! tchi! something :)
Even if the PC wears boots, a soldier would prefer to sneak and step softly.

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
Are companions implemented? I need one to read the map and answer my cellphone while I'm driving. I got out of the car to check the map in the middle of nowhere and the car just disappeared.

Btw, escaping to menu during dialog or sex makes the cursor disappear, so the only way to exit is save/reload.

HoeRizon

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2018
Looking at the screenshots it looks a bit ambitious, Would be great to have a Mad Max themed version where you drive around looking for dog food, petrol and crap to keep alive while taking slaves that you happen to come across, I mean you already have the vehicles implemented.
I'm not sure about adding things like hunger bars or the need of petrol. It wouldn't take an hour to implement that, but in my opinion it's really irritating to manage these things while playing. For example I am sure that I won't ever add a stamina bar while running, it's the most annoying thing I experienced in other games. But since the game is in early stage, some things might change along the way. Maybe adding a hardcore option before starting the game would enable the mentioned features, so at least people could decide on how they want to play the game. I don't think that it would change much, but it would add some more busy work.

I agree the footsteps sound is annoying but not only because it's loud. It doesn't seem real in this context (sounds too metalic, like high heels).
I recommend replacing it with a soft sound like stepping bare-feet on the grass. A tchi! tchi! something :)
Even if the PC wears boots, a soldier would prefer to sneak and step softly.
For the next build I will re-implement the old footsteps sounds that were used up to 0.0.5 version. There will be ~8 types of surface sounds (wood, metal, gravel, grass, dirt, etc..) and each surface has at least 6 types of sounds that are picked randomly. I would love to have different sounds for beer feet and wearing shoes, but for that I would have to put all the other stuff at halt so maybe when the game progresses a bit further I will put more effort into that feature.

Are companions implemented? I need one to read the map and answer my cellphone while I'm driving. I got out of the car to check the map in the middle of nowhere and the car just disappeared.

Btw, escaping to menu during dialog or sex makes the cursor disappear, so the only way to exit is save/reload.
There is one companion currently available as a placeholder, which can be obtained using the cheat menu. It's not available while playing the game regularly, because it still needs to be improved a lot. Currently all it can do is follow you and shoot enemies on sight. It also has level system which will improve its damage with each level and unlock new skills, but since the whole thing is still experimental you will have to wait for 1-2 new versions.

I am aware that you can't open the map while driving. I wanted to add that feature to the current build, but on the last day I figured out that the whole UI interaction needs to be redone to accommodate that system. You can expect it to be fixed with the next release.

Thanks for noticing this bug, I haven't slept few full days before releasing this build so it's not a surprise that some things slipped through my fingers. I've added to my bug list and it will be fixed.

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
I'm not sure about adding things like hunger bars or the need of petrol. It wouldn't take an hour to implement that, but in my opinion it's really irritating to manage these things while playing. For example I am sure that I won't ever add a stamina bar while running, it's the most annoying thing I experienced in other games. But since the game is in early stage, some things might change along the way. Maybe adding a hardcore option before starting the game would enable the mentioned features, so at least people could decide on how they want to play the game. I don't think that it would change much, but it would add some more busy work.
Adding these survival pressures would make the hardcore game a distinctly different experience, not just the same game with bigger numbers. It does just add futz when you're walking around settled areas where you're accepted, but if circumstances leave you stranded in the wild, survival becomes a quest in and of itself.

Questions: when new classes become available, will characters ported from previous versions get the option to switch? And if I were a sea creature, where would I be found?

HoeRizon

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2018
Questions: when new classes become available, will characters ported from previous versions get the option to switch? And if I were a sea creature, where would I be found?
I will add an option to reset your class/skill points. Try looking near the river. You might not find a lot of them, but I will make sure to add a feature for tracking the objectives more easier.

Violet5100

Apr 24, 2018
Trying to bash a game in 0.0.6... :unsure:

Not to mention, the uploader is the dev, and they don't have to share anything here. You dingus.
Hmm. It seems either you can't read or just want to start a fight. I won't bother arguing with you but let me tell you I never "bashed" the game. I also /did/ visit the patreon page and that's how I knew the current free version was 0.62. That's why I asked politely for the links to be updated.

If you could read, you'd know that though. <3

:)

SkinnGames

Jun 17, 2018
Please forgive me if this question has already been asked, since you have given the player a choice of gender, will there also
be a possibility of pregnancy? I haven't looked at all the postings yet so maybe you have already addressed this situation? I have been a fan off the Fallout games and this looks like it can develop into something good! Thank you for loading this.

HoeRizon

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2018
I can´t start the game, it crashed and say ue4 fatal error,any idea?
Try one of the following steps:
1. Run the game as admin
2. navigate to "\HoeRizon\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\" and run the UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe
3. Make sure the old game process is closed before running the game again

Please forgive me if this question has already been asked, since you have given the player a choice of gender, will there also
be a possibility of pregnancy? I haven't looked at all the postings yet so maybe you have already addressed this situation? I have been a fan off the Fallout games and this looks like it can develop into something good! Thank you for loading this.
Definitely that feature will be implemented. We have the model already prepared with a big belly, just need to figure out what's the best approach for it. I don't think that the MC will be able to get pregnant, just the NPCs. You can expect to see it integrated when 0.1 version comes out. Feel free to ask any other questions, if you have any.

Violet5100

Apr 24, 2018
If I may humbly request that pregnancy be an optional or opt in feature? I find pregnancy in these kind of games to be a bit distracting.

Also going to become a patron here tomorrow or if not, the start of next month. (Being on a fixed income is rather annoying at times.)

Also I'd like to thank you for being such an amazing guy! I've been keeping tabs on this thread. Especially being a dev, it's quite refreshing to meet somebody whos both a dev AND non-toxic.

HoeRizon

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2018
If I may humbly request that pregnancy be an optional or opt in feature? I find pregnancy in these kind of games to be a bit distracting.

Also going to become a patron here tomorrow or if not, the start of next month. (Being on a fixed income is rather annoying at times.)

Also I'd like to thank you for being such an amazing guy! I've been keeping tabs on this thread. Especially being a dev, it's quite refreshing to meet somebody whos both a dev AND non-toxic.
That's very kind of you and I thank you for that. Before pledging make sure it won't have an effect on you. I always give free access to the game behind curtains to certain people that have an interest in my game. So even if you don't pledge don't hesitate to contact me. If we had any other kind of funding the game would be always for free, but since we are working on it full-time now, it's pretty expensive to maintain and we have to eat something from time to time, still the current paywall in my opinion is pretty fair, even without pledging you can get the latest game build in 2-3 weeks after release.

Also if by any chance you are working with unreal as well, feel free to ask me for any kind of advice. I really like discussing stuff that is unreal related. You can also join our discord server if you want to have a chat with me at anytime. Take care

HoeRizon

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2018
I tried, but same problem. And i installed this: HoeRizon0.0.71\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\UE4PrereqSetup_x64 but still crashes
Can you share your computer specs? Game it self doesn't have any errors nor it crashes while playing. It has to do something with windows I think.

Violet5100

Apr 24, 2018
That's very kind of you and I thank you for that. Before pledging make sure it won't have an effect on you. I always give free access to the game behind curtains to certain people that have an interest in my game. So even if you don't pledge don't hesitate to contact me. If we had any other kind of funding the game would be always for free, but since we are working on it full-time now, it's pretty expensive to maintain and we have to eat something from time to time, still the current paywall in my opinion is pretty fair, even without pledging you can get the latest game build in 2-3 weeks after release.

Also if by any chance you are working with unreal as well, feel free to ask me for any kind of advice. I really like discussing stuff that is unreal related. You can also join our discord server if you want to have a chat with me at anytime. Take care

I'm carefully picking what things i pay for and I assure you if I say i'm gonna fund you, it's because I've already worked you into the math that goes into my monthly allotments. So fear not, I feel you've earned my funding. As for your offer to help, I actually have been wanting to get into a better engine than I'm using for right now. (Which is java. And I hate it.)

And for joining your discord? Sure! I'd love to join. I just procrastinate a lot so it might be a while before I poke in.

Violet5100

Apr 24, 2018
I tried, but same problem. And i installed this: HoeRizon0.0.71\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us\UE4PrereqSetup_x64 but still crashes
Have you tried redownloading the game? I know that sounds silly, but if the DL got corrupted at all you'd have weird one-off errors. Also I'm not 100% on if this is a thing you need to worry about but sometimes updating your .NET framework might fix all kinds of weird errors that happen.

HoeRizon

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2018
I'm carefully picking what things i pay for and I assure you if I say i'm gonna fund you, it's because I've already worked you into the math that goes into my monthly allotments. So fear not, I feel you've earned my funding. As for your offer to help, I actually have been wanting to get into a better engine than I'm using for right now. (Which is java. And I hate it.)

And for joining your discord? Sure! I'd love to join. I just procrastinate a lot so it might be a while before I poke in.
Awesome. If by any chance you decide to choose unreal engine don't hesitate to have a chat with me. I will provide all the necessary documentation before you start working with it, but it's very beginner friendly so you should be able to adapt pretty fast and a mindset of a programmer will give you a head start.

Have you tried redownloading the game? I know that sounds silly, but if the DL got corrupted at all you'd have weird one-off errors. Also I'm not 100% on if this is a thing you need to worry about but sometimes updating your .NET framework might fix all kinds of weird errors that happen.
That's true that updating the .NET framework might solve this issue, but as far as I've seen even games like PUBG and Fortnite are having the same issue, so it might be out of my reach to solve the fatal error entirely, nonetheless I will do more research regarding it before releasing 0.0.8 version. Updating all your hardware drivers might do the trick as well.