Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
What do you call, on the 'Zone, a belittling, trolling Post?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What could you call, on the 'Zone, a sharp-tongued answer, which deservedly questions asker's level of understanding and literacy, to a question to which answer was easily available?
partanen, I have only one reply....

Reactions: Puppet Master

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Full HD view at the gym (0.1.9 preview)

Hello guys and gals,

some of you might have read about the improved image quality in webp format for the character renders. As I write this - Amy, Yvette and Heather do have the improved images.

I have also changed the way the character images are displayed (they still vanish when you press "h" - this could be fixed too, but requires a lot more effort). Before the change, clickable "imagebuttons" where used to display the girls. Unfortunately alpha blending and scaling doesn't work well with "imagebuttons", so you had a lot of (unnecessary) quality loss when playing in full screen mode or higher resolutions. Now the "imabuttons" have an alpha setting of 0.01, to keep the functionality to be able to still "click" on the girls, but the image is displayed using a normal image display command, that has much better alpha blending and also sub pixel capabilities,

In the image above, which has been taken from the game in 1920x1080 resolution setting, you can see that Amy and Yvette do look much better than Faye or Jennifer. The reason is that Amy and Yvette have double size x/y (quad resolution) images in webp format, that are still downscaled even in 1920x1080 resolution, using sub pixel interpolation now.

To be able to directly compare the effect of the change, I have added a second image, that's still using the old logic to display the images of the girls.

I hope you like the change,
Darkhound

In case you're asking yourself why I post a "patron only" post here. The reason is simple. I only made it "patron only", due to patron policy. The image is a bit risky to be free for all.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
In case you're asking yourself why I post a "patron only" post here. The reason is simple. I only made it "patron only", due to patron policy. The image is a bit risky to be free for all.
Looks very nice.

Out of curiosity what is happening with their hair?
Amy, Faye and Yvette all have a difference in the volume of their hair.
Most noticeable in the sides and top.

I know something like this can happen if rendering to png and then convert to jpg afterwards versus rendering directly to jpg. The results will differ a bit.
But the change seems substantial here.

Also product of the described improvement?

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Looks very nice.

Out of curiosity what is happening with their hair?
Amy, Faye and Yvette all have a difference in the volume of their hair.
Most noticeable in the sides and top.

I know something like this can happen if rendering to png and then convert to jpg afterwards versus rendering directly to jpg. The results will differ a bit.
But the change seems substantial here.

Also product of the described improvement?
It must have to do with the way renpy handles alpha overlay when using "imagebuttons". Somehow the implementation is wrong or at least not 100% accurate. The new image is how it's supposed to look.
If you look closely at the edges of the characters, there is a black/grey line around the body in the old image. It also shows that the image overlay isn't working that well. In the new image it's a lot less noticeable. Even the still low res Faye looks better in the new image.

I never render directly to jpg. And you cannot use jpg for overlay images, since jpg doesn't support alpha channel.

Here is the png version directly from DAZ (not 100% true, since it's already post worked, but close enough)
Yvette_night0_basex.png

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
New preferences: Resolution and save description (0.1.9 preview)

Hello everyone!
Starting with version 0.1.9, you will have the possibility to change the game resolution.
Available options are:
  • 1280 x 720 --> this is the default and the already existing setting
  • 1600 x 900
  • 1920 x 1080
Since basically the screen is auto re-scaled using renpy functionality, you need to run the game in OpenGL or directx mode for this to work. OpenGL mode is the default setting. Changing the resolution will not work in software render mode.
Later on, other screen size related optimizations for the new UI will follow (to make the icons look sharper, maybe reduce text size, etc.)
Second new option is the possibility to disable the save description. Since some of you don't need it, by disabling it, only the version number will be auto stored, but you won't see the "please enter a description box" any more.
I hope you like the changes.

darkhound1

screenshot0006 res.jpg

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.9 beta - development news (updated 18. oct. 2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.9 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.8.0 release.​
The next release is 0.1.9.0 beta which will be a full update!
It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes.
The update from 0.1.8.0 to 0.1.9.0 has 358 new renders, videos and sound files right now!

New features and content

Image quality of character overlay images especially when plying in higher resolutions has been greatly improved --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
The game resolution in window mode can be selected now: 1280x720 or 1600x900 or 1920x1080 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets an event talking with Jennifer at the night bar --> will be added with 0.1.9.0 (still working on it)
Amy gets a quest to increase max love to level 5 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0 (still working on it)
Natasha's "breast expansion" quest will be concluded --> will be added with 0.1.9.0 (still working on it)
Amy gets a private workout appointment at the gym (as part of her max affection level 4 quest) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a quest to increase max affection to level 4 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0 (still working on it)
Amy gets a quest to increase max love to level 3 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Faye gets her hotshots scene that ends with an animation --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Yvette gets a lapdance poker reward scene --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Yvette gets high res poker images and 3 additional images as well --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
The right-side UI panel will get a new look, similar to the one on the left. Also, the save buttons will be added on the left lower side as well (with auto hide feature) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Player can learn how to give a proper massage; Renée is the teacher. This is a quest with two massage sessions. --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Brenda gets all the reception uniform renders --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets a quest to increase max affection to level 3 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Getting the encryption key and hacking sub dermal implants for all special characters except Joy will be possible --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
A third quest to get the encryption key of the sub dermal implants has been made available --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Minor improvements and changes
Heather gets high res webp character images for swimwear and nightwear --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Yvette gets high res webp character images for swimwear and nightwear --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
The poker game (for high res iwebp images) gets shortened sequences when you see her strip to a certain clothing state the second time during a game. There are also some short chat lines when she wins back some clothes. --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Renée gets a new dream image from the massage training --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Jessica's "follow me" renders have been upgraded to double resolution webp images --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
All regular girls get a "Wet T-shirt" participation appointment --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
All "Wet T-shirt" images have been converted from png to webp format (this saves about 50 MB of space) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Android loading screen and icon changed --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Name input fixed on Android version (did not work on some devices) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Updated Ren'Py version to 7.3.2.320 --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Two shopping items (for Amy's quests) have been added --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
A new shopping item (protein shake) has been added to replenish endurance --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Background images (first indoor) will be redone in high res 2560x1440 webp format to replace the existing low-res jpg images (unfortunately this was a lot more work than I had anticipated) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Sending of sexting images has been adjusted. You will now get unseen lower tier images instead of repeats --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
Amy gets 2 new sexting images and updates to her old sexting images (higher res and webp format) --> will be added with 0.1.9.0

Balancing changes:

Necessary endurance train points when having 50 max endurance has been reduced to 3, so you can get to 60 endurance after initial half week when you use the massage once. Reason: Having only 50 endurance hurts gameplay too much --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
charm train points to get from 1 to 2 have been reduced from 6 to 5, to make it easier to advance after the first half week. All others have been slightly increased, because gaining charm was too easy --> will be added with 0.1.9.0
You will start a new game with 25 company favor now, which will allow to buy the smart watch much earlier --> will be added with 0.1.9.0

Bug fixes

When Eva wins the Butt or wet Tee shirt contest, she invites the MC to her room, but then at the appointed hour, she instead comes to the MC's room. --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
When you try to give a gift to Amy in teh restaurant, you get a crash: IOError: Couldn't find file 'characters/amy/Amy_night0_base.png --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
Mercedes posing scene: Crash with "IndexError: list index out of range" - only happens when you started a new game in version 0.1.8.0 or later --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
Fixed a crash when you visit Amy's room and she is in her swimwear: could not find image (u'characters/Amy/Amy_swim3_base.png') --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0
There is still a bug concerning the sequence when sexting images are shown. As a result, you might not be able to see them all, or get strange sorting, etc. (there is nothing wrong with the game data, it only needs a code update) --> will be fixed with 0.1.9.0

Is the update going to break save games?

0.1.8.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.1.9.0 beta --> same as for 0.1.8.2​

Estimated release dates:

0.1.8.1 beta --> has been removed due to a bug
0.1.8.2 beta --> available since September 13, get it from here:

0.1.9.0 beta --> no idea yet

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
Help ! I am on 1.8.2 I can not seam to get Jennifer to get me to the New Room. I have gone to the reception many times even when she is not on the Bar. What triggers this I have not seen a note under my door either. Do I have to complete a different quest first ? I have searched the forum and all lead tell me to go to the reception in the evening.... I would think that comes after the note.... What triggers the note ? THANK !

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Help ! I am on 1.8.2 I can not seam to get Jennifer to get me to the New Room. I have gone to the reception many times even when she is not on the Bar. What triggers this I have not seen a note under my door either. Do I have to complete a different quest first ? I have searched the forum and all lead tell me to go to the reception in the evening.... I would think that comes after the note.... What triggers the note ? THANK !
How do you know there is a new player's room? Has it been mentioned by anyone or is it just something you read about in this thread? Some things take time; meaning have you visited with Joy 3 times already? If you have searched this forum, then I'm guessing you have also read item #30 in Puppet Master's FAQ, which details the answer, like visiting reception during specific times on specific days. As you might be able to tell, I'm guessing because you didn't include much information in your post. Like number of visits with Joy, number of weeks on the island, when you visit reception, what do you talk about, etc.

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
How do you know there is a new player's room? Has it been mentioned by anyone or is it just something you read about in this thread? Some things take time; meaning have you visited with Joy 3 times already? If you have searched this forum, then I'm guessing you have also read item #30 in Puppet Master's FAQ, which details the answer, like visiting reception during specific times on specific days. As you might be able to tell, I'm guessing because you didn't include much information in your post. Like number of visits with Joy, number of weeks on the island, when you visit reception, what do you talk about, etc.
THanks for the reply... I am at day 100 not sure if i have visited Joy 2 or 3 times.... Can I check that? Pupet master # 36 is what talk about the room .. it starts off with the note under the door. Not sure what triggers that. Reception only has the generic questions to pick from.. He says to go on Sunday or Wednesday or any time Jennifer is not at the bar.... Done that several times. Is Joy the key ?? Or am I not far enough in the game ?

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Right now, the FAQ is a WiP.
I've been adding answers as I go and renumbering accordingly.
After I am finally done answering all possible questions, I may renumber for each section, so that you could refer to number I-34. However, this may cause more confusion, so I am undecided.
I have a few more questions to answer for Jessica, then I will finish up the special girls. I'll be done just in time to add questions for 1.9!
I've attached the latest version of the FAQ.
I don't know when the message appears under the door. However, it should be before 100 days!
We may have missed something. Here's the answer in question. I've added the part about the picture frames.
If anyone can figure out the problem, I will add it to the FAQ.
Spoilers!

34) How do I unlock the player's new room? How do I change the picture frames in the new room?

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
THanks for the reply... I am at day 100 not sure if i have visited Joy 2 or 3 times.... Can I check that? Pupet master # 36 is what talk about the room .. it starts off with the note under the door. Not sure what triggers that. Reception only has the generic questions to pick from.. He says to go on Sunday or Wednesday or any time Jennifer is not at the bar.... Done that several times. Is Joy the key ?? Or am I not far enough in the game ?
It's a puzzler, alright. You are far enough in the game. Have you finished Eva's Breast Enhancement Quest? This gets the last visit from Joy and unlocks many things. However, I don't think it is necessary. I thought that the note was triggered by a certain day on the island.
Have you built up Jennifer's affection, love and lust? Have you gotten her to pose for you in her room? Have you gotten Aly to try on Jennifer's swimsuit?
I also tried to help a guy who couldn't get Joy to invite him for Poker, to no success. Maybe there is an unknown trigger for Joy.
Let us know more about your situation.

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
It's a puzzler, alright. You are far enough in the game. Have you finished Eva's Breast Enhancement Quest? This gets the last visit from Joy and unlocks many things. However, I don't think it is necessary. I thought that the note was triggered by a certain day on the island.
Have you built up Jennifer's affection, love and lust? Have you gotten her to pose for you in her room? Have you gotten Aly to try on Jennifer's swimsuit?
I also tried to help a guy who couldn't get Joy to invite him for Poker, to no success. Maybe there is an unknown trigger for Joy.
Let us know more about your situation.
I have not done Eva's Brest Quest... THat may be it ... I di not even have her on the island.... So it seems I have to talk to Joy then Eva..... That is where I'll start to concentrate now.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
The FAQ is done for version 1.8.2.
There are over 150 answers to not only frequently asked questions, but every question I could think of.
This was one reason it took so long to go from FAQ for 1.7 to 1.8.2.
I originally just put in the questions I saw more than once in the thread, but this time I went through the phone and put in answers for everything.
Consequently, the FAQ spoils as much of the game as possible!
It is arranged from least spoiling to most. Starting from Why doesn't my game work and progressing to a discription of every image in the Guess Who game, all of the answers for Hotshots, and all of the words used in Hangman.
Use the FAQ at your own discretion.
If you find something is incorrect or missing, let me know so I can add it.
If this helps you, just give me a like.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Amy gets a massage (0.1.9 preview)

Hello everyone!

I'm almost sorry that I have to post another Amy preview. But only almost :)
This one is before she gets a massage as part of her level 4 max affection quest.
She will also get a 40 frames walk animation. I hope it will look good once it's finished.
Enjoy the preview,

darkhound1

Amy_massage_private9.jpg

IXL

Jul 28, 2017
If my answer isn't clear enough, please let me know how to improve it.

From my FAQ (Spoilers!)

101) How do I get the conclusion of Jennifer's transformation story? How do I have sex with Jennifer? How do I get Jennifer's special sexts?
Terrificly well described post and explanation, thank you. However for me, I followed this to the letter and still not been able to trigger the scene. Are you absolutely sure there is nothing else required?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
darkhound1 you are so devious! I was wondering why we would need to learn how to give a massage.

Player can learn how to give a proper massage; Renée is the teacher. This is a quest with two massage sessions. --> will be added with 0.1.9.0

Not Worthy.gif

Reactions: junior366
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes