Tooski

Dec 16, 2016
anyone know which girls can be on the plane with you? I keep getting Amy... I remember in the past you could get brenda

epidemico

Aug 8, 2016
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

--anyway. Is anyone else getting an error when trying to access Heather's Pool Posing scene in her skimpy bathing suit? Game just about crashes when I try to get the scene where she teases you with her tits.

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
Maybe patience. When you did the first workout with Amy, did she not send you a text to schedule it? Stands to reason, she will send you another one when she is ready to workout again.
Yeah i just needed to wait
But there seems to be a mistake in what she says.
Amy says the next session will be day after tomorrow but it triggers a day or two later than when its supposed, so that made me think i somehow missed or skipped bcoz i am using the cheat mod

anyways thnx for the help

jikorde

Mar 4, 2018
Don't have much time for this but still I'm spending way too much time on this game, not abusing the cheat mode (but thank Eros for that! or I would go completely bonkers)

I'm on day 31, have most of Yvette scenes unlocked, about half of the events, and I can't
1 - trigger so far her leaving for her sister (event 2 in the phone app, so I'm guessing shouldn't be that far)
2 - have her do reception work, she never appears in the girls you can choose for this job
For the first one, the order in the phone does not match up with event order or access really at all. It's more in order by location then anything else. I would guess that Yvette's sister is probably locked to after the player room quest chain, which really should be the main focus for any new player. Which means you need to do Eva's content to meet Joy a third time.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

--anyway. Is anyone else getting an error when trying to access Heather's Pool Posing scene in her skimpy bathing suit? Game just about crashes when I try to get the scene where she teases you with her tits.
animated-laughing-image-0182.gif
Thank you, best laugh I have had in a long while. If you want help and do not like the Guide, try Puppet Master's FAQ. The answer is in there too. If you can't access Heather at the pool, you should have received some kind of error message.

Of course what would really be helpful, would be for you to tell us exactly what is happening when the game 'just about crashes'. What version are you playing, Mac, PC, Android. Have you attempted to use any console codes? Do you have a Traceback to post. Don't worry about providing any information. Between Ouija Boards, Fortune Tellers, Vulcan Mind-Melds, I'm sure we'll be able to figure out what your talking about.

Reactions: Puppet Master

epidemico

Aug 8, 2016
Of course what would really be helpful, would be for you to tell us exactly what is happening when the game 'just about crashes'. What version are you playing, Mac, PC, Android. Have you attempted to use any console codes? Do you have a Traceback to post.
/eyeroll

I'm playing the latest version, no console codes. Didn't save the Traceback because 1) Navigating Patreon to leave a Bug Report on a post that isn't linked anywhere else is not how I want to spend my time; and, 2) it's not an issue with what I'm doing, specifically--it's an issue in the file structure of the game and/or Renpy, which is why I'm asking in this thread if anyone else has had it happen before saying it's a "bug".

At the scene I specified, the error that gets thrown is one where Renpy can't read any of the specific webp images that go with the event. Reloading before the event, or trying to Ignore or Reload just throws the same error, no way of getting through it.

I restarted the game with a fresh download of the 2.0 Beta, so if it happens again I guess I'll let the author know.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

Holiday Island [v0.2.0.0 Beta] [darkhound1] - Original Size: 1.24GB

Download PC (560MB): - - -

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
/eyeroll

I'm playing the latest version, no console codes. Didn't save the Traceback because 1) Navigating Patreon to leave a Bug Report on a post that isn't linked anywhere else is not how I want to spend my time; and, 2) it's not an issue with what I'm doing, specifically--it's an issue in the file structure of the game and/or Renpy, which is why I'm asking in this thread if anyone else has had it happen before saying it's a "bug".

At the scene I specified, the error that gets thrown is one where Renpy can't read any of the specific webp images that go with the event. Reloading before the event, or trying to Ignore or Reload just throws the same error, no way of getting through it.

I restarted the game with a fresh download of the 2.0 Beta, so if it happens again I guess I'll let the author know.
Assuming you play on PC, the traceback.txt should still be in the game directory unless you deleted it or it was overwritten by another crash.

PS : the bug post is accessible from Darkhound home page on Patreon, it's not archaeology.

epidemico

Aug 8, 2016
Assuming you play on PC, the traceback.txt should still be in the game directory unless you deleted it or it was overwritten by another crash.

PS : the bug post is accessible from Darkhound home page on Patreon, it's not archaeology.
Oh, wow. I completely skipped over the Bug Post the last time I scanned the page; thanks for pointing that out. Sadly, I deleted the original folder so the traceback file's gone woops.

geminiw45

Dec 22, 2018
The guide would be so much better if the writer cut the tryhardi'msofunny shit and just kept in the pertinent information.

Like, we get it. You're doing everyone a favor by writing up a guide for this game that elaborates on the one in-game; thank you for that. Even with hints, the in-game guide can still be wrong and/or lacking in information.

Doesn't mean you have to be so smug about it, though.
You mean like somebody who would get paid for it, and be expected to give objective and tactical information, instead of volunteering and -I assume- to make his task less tedious, write in the style he enjoys, so he can have a bit of fun with it?

I have quite a few answers to that, but none of them would be diplomatic, but if I understand your complaint, I would say you have a task cut-out for you if you're in a containment situation and don't know what to do.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Thank you all. Truth of the matter is that I was teaching myself how to create and add a 'clickable' and linked Table of Contents. I needed something to learn on and the Guide seemed as good as any. I am/was fortunate that many offered their support and contributed. I've never been big on 'Walkthroughs' preferring to stumble my way through games and puzzle out solutions, however as it is very clear from the use and comments concerning Puppet Master 's FAQ many do appreciate and use them.

The biggest complaint about PM's FAQ was that it was a wall of text. I just added some pictures and formatting. Well maybe a little bit of rewriting, but I tried to stay true to the original. If anything I left a great deal out. Still, it is 115 pages and in the future may grow. All that being said, if anyone wants to volunteer to take over the project and keep it up-to-date, just let me know. There is no copyright, so you can rewrite, reformat to your heart's content.

SiJa

Feb 21, 2018
Holiday Island Fan Signatures
(Updated 14th October 2020)

Here are Individual large size Fan Signature Banners.
(Amy has more images due to she has largest content and has Special Bikini and Dress)

To use one of the full size banners COPY the text from the relevant Text file (stated below the sample image below)
Go to your account and SIGNATURE.
PASTE the text and click SAVE.
(The gap in the middle will not show if you copy and paste correctly, only on this page to show they are split images)

Last edited:

Lyel08

Mar 25, 2019
hey guys, can you help me? apparently when first time i play the game, i setting my preferences to full screen with 1600×900 resolution. the problem is, i want to play the game while looking the walktrough so i make it to windowed mode without changing the resolution. but, when i try to click on the preference again, the game become freeze. then, i got the error massage like the file i attach in the bottom. anybody can help me to fix that? or you can just give your screen.pry file with the fullscreen preference. thanks and sorry for my bad english...

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
hey guys, can you help me? apparently when first time i play the game, i setting my preferences to full screen with 1600×900 resolution. the problem is, i want to play the game while looking the walktrough so i make it to windowed mode without changing the resolution. but, when i try to click on the preference again, the game become freeze. then, i got the error massage like the file i attach in the bottom. anybody can help me to fix that? or you can just give your screen.pry file with the fullscreen preference. thanks and sorry for my bad english...
Resolution change option makes the game unplayable on some systems. For all of you that get crashes as soon as you click on "preferences" or "load", please apply the fix attached "use_fixed_resolution_720" and extract it into your \game folder.
What it will do is the following:
It will remove the resolution options and also the auto window scaling. After you have applied the patch, you will also be able to manually scale the game window again (e.g. maximizing it).
Down the bugfix from here:
In the future if you wish to play the game full screen AND have the Guide open in another window, you might try downloading the Guide and use Adobe Reader to open it. Or even if you open it in a browser window, you can easily switch back and forth by pressing <Alt Tab> Both keys at the same time.

spammer

Aug 3, 2017
hi guys,

i've a problem (An exeption has occurred) when i try to pick a picture from yvette as a tile screen at the 2nd mc-room

i hope someone can understand my english and help me.

Problem solved. dosnt work with the biggest frame. you must go one step back

Last edited:

Gabomolina19

Feb 25, 2018
hi guys i have a problem, please someone can help me, before it worked well I don't know what happened.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 129, in _invoke_game_menu
renpy.call_in_new_context('_game_menu')
File "game/screens.rpy", line 672, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 676, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 686, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 690, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 502, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 555, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 555, in keywords
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1606, in set_resolution
Exception: Could not set video mode.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 812, in script
���b<�A� ~t�@�$A���3��E��^���!��ߝA�H،�"����ÿ���:���'9��2����S���?ԑV`;���x�7�,I/p3
File "game/script.rpyc", line 812, in script
���b<�A� ~t�@�$A���3��E��^���!��ߝA�H،�"����ÿ���:���'9��2����S���?ԑV`;���x�7�,I/p3
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 463, in event
rv = run(action)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 129, in _invoke_game_menu
renpy.call_in_new_context('_game_menu')
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\game.py", line 332, in call_in_new_context
return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 676, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 690, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 555, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 555, in keywords
File "<screen language>", line 558, in <module>
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1606, in set_resolution
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3177, in set_physical_size
renpy.display.interface.set_mode(size)
File "C:\Users\57322\Downloads\games\v1\HolidayIsland-0.2.0.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in set_mode
raise Exception("Could not set video mode.")
Exception: Could not set video mode.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.0.0
Sat Mar 21 17:40:52 2020

and it takes me out of the game when I go to save or load a game

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Did you change anything like your resolution, go from Full Screen to Windowed? Add any mods? Run unren.bat? If it worked before, something had to change.

Gabomolina19

Feb 25, 2018
Did you change anything like your resolution, go from Full Screen to Windowed? Add any mods? Run unren.bat? If it worked before, something had to change.
thanks, i downloaded the document fixed resolution 720, then I opened the game, it worked and I eliminated the fixed again and the game continued as if nothing had happened

4.00 star(s) 210 Votes