zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I don't see the need to remove them. They are there, yes. But they don't hurt anyone.
Does it really matter if there are 5 or more pages of messages not replied to? Normaly you don't even see them, except you click the "previous page" button, which you have to do on purpose.
If you are confident there is no performcance penalty on opening the inbox for having lots of unhandled messages in the inbox you are right. I never got to a second page in the inbox as I make it a habit to view them when messages come in. I just tried it on the all messages tab and there doesn't seem to be a performace penalty for having lots of messages. So if the logic for new messages is (almost) identical you seem to be right.

Reactions: Bantry

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I have fixed the first one.
The second is not really a bug. That's what the "New" icon is for. Everything that hasn't been replied to in time will stay in "Not replied".
I could change the behavior to no longer show messages that cannot be replied to any more, because they are in the past. But you would lose information with this logic. I'll think about it. Opinions are welcome.
Thank you for the reply, DH.

Regarding the SMS, it's not so much to make the message "go away", more of some way to remove the "New" badge from the "Not Replied" and "All" filters. When I see that I think I have something to respond to, which in this case I do not. Maybe it's me being 'completionalistically' anal. If it's not easy, then cool. There's better things to work on (like anything new!).

However, since you asked:
1) Add an additional state to messages (Ignored, or maybe Expired?), where the new state clears the badge. Maybe this could just use the same logic as whatever marks the message "You did not answer in time"?
2) Have the badges represent "Unread" instead of "Un-replied".
3) A separate badge for "New" vs. "Un-replied".
4) A Fourth category to represent 'Expired' messages, which is never badged (you should've paid attention to your ladies earlier!).

I'm not sure 4 is really viable though, as it would still need additional 'stuff' to make sure the "All" filter does not get a badge.

Reactions: zapallbugs

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
After returning from a weekend trip and reloading this thread, this was the first thing to appear on the screen. Oh - my - gosh! You are making my wishes come true DuckSwim :love:. Thank you so much for another outstanding render of Mi (and Ivyness)! I think what makes Mi superior to Ivyness, is her bright smile and her big, friendly brown eyes. At least that is my personal opinion. Even if only her head is in my field of view (and not any of her other amazing features) I cannot stop looking at her.

Weekend,

View attachment 1302875

Girl info
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
After returning from a weekend trip and reloading this thread, this was the first thing to appear on the screen. Oh - my - gosh! You are making my wishes come true DuckSwim :love:. Thank you so much for another outstanding render of Mi (and Ivyness)! I think what makes Mi superior to Ivyness, is her bright smile and her big, friendly brown eyes. At least that is my personal opinion. Even if only her head is in my field of view (and not any of her other amazing features) I cannot stop looking at her.
Thanks.

Though I should stress that Mi is only here with Ivyness. Because while she has a Holiday Island link through the creation of Ivyness, she is not game relevant (and cannot become it).

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.3.1 - development news (updated 18. of July 2021)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.3.1).​
The change log below is based on the release 0.3.0.0.
The next main release is 0.3.1 which will be an incremental update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.3.0.0 to 0.3.1.0 has:
212 additional renders, videos or sound files
68 updated renders

New features and content
  • The beach bar will be turned into a location you can visit --> still working on it
  • Sara can visit the night bar and you can have a drink with her --> still working on it
  • Desire gets an extended workout yoga scene --> still working on it
  • Yvette gets a pool pose scene in her skimpy bikini --> still working on it
  • Yvette gets another appointment at the beach during sunset --> still working on it
  • Miriam gets a beach pose scene than is linked to a quest --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Miriam gets an extended walk on the beach scene --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Alice gets a web search with 6 images (shipendale lingerie) --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Yvette gets an event in her room, where she changes into her bikini --> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Yvette gets an extended scene posing in her blue lingerie that can end with a round of poker --> will be part of 0.3.1.0
  • Rainy days (before or after noon) will be added, where all activity is inside - so the girls will not use the pool or the beach during the rain --> will be part of 0.3.1.0
  • Heather gets an event in the MC's room, where she asks to use the MC's shower --> will be part of 0.3.1.0
  • The new special action (pose butt) has been added for Desire, Faye, Jennifer and Yumiko --> will be part of 0.3.0.1
Minor improvements and changes
  • All the reception sprites have been replaced by high res versions --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • The first visit to Joy's office has been rewritten and rendered in high quality. There are 4 new images as well. --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • The girl selection screen (used when visiting or masturbating) can now display up to 23 girls and is auto sized to display 1, 2 or 3 rows --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • Hovering your mouse over the trophies will now display some details (number of interactions or wins) --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • Poker trophy will be available --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • The visit a girl screen will show the information if the girl is in her room or not, provided you have hacked her sub dermal implant to level 3 --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • Changed the balancing for the hotshots to make the MC undress more --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • Achievements can be displayed in full screen now --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
  • Quick access to tasks and appointment schedule --> will be added with version 0.3.1.0
Bug fixes
  • When a girl poses her butt at the gym, Jennifer suddenly appears in the picture, even at times she isn't there. --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1.0
  • Missing scrollbar has been added for weekly trophies and scrollbar size has been fixed for total trophies --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1.0
  • The size calculation in the "Open tasks and quests" app was bugged, so that it could happen that the last open task/quest wasn't shown fully or even wasn't shown at all. --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1.0
  • Replaying Amy's event where she tells you she needs to leave the island made her also leave during the replay --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1.0
  • Fixed a crash with "Sayer char.talk is not defined" when you talk with Yvette at her room when the towel slips --> will be fixed with version 0.3.1.0
  • The cooldown at the lifeguard tower was also triggered when the lifeguard wasn't present --> will be fixed with version 0.3.0.1
  • Severe stuttering and lags on some PCs on animations using the animation player. The reason is the added "game time" timer --> will be fixed with version 0.3.0.1
  • File "game/actions.rpy", line 1967, in <module> NameError: name 'l_walk_image' is not defined --> will be fixed with version 0.3.0.1
  • File "game/loc_pool.rpy", line 565, in <module> NameError: name 'l_inclination' is not defined --> will be fixed with version 0.3.0.1
  • Fixed one use of i_char1 instead of i_char that lead to a crash --> will be fixed with version 0.3.0.1
  • Corrected some minor things (mainly typos) --> will be fixed with version 0.3.0.1

Is the update going to break save games?

0.3.1.0 --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.3.1.0 --> no idea yet

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
help

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/options.rpy", line 13, in script
define config.developer_show_all_exceptions = False
File "game/options.rpy", line 13, in script
define config.developer_show_all_exceptions = False
File "renpy/common/000namespaces.rpy", line 11, in set
setattr(self.nso, name, value)
Exception: config.developer_show_all_exceptions is not a known configuration variable.
Having used a decompiler on the game, you aren't going to get a lot of help here.

Sorry.

Reactions: Bantry

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Thank you very much for answering

Thank you anyway
FYI - Translations have been mentioned before, and they aren't being considered at the moment: Link

But you might consider mentioning what language you are interested in doing, and if/when they come to be, a polite request to darkhound1 to do the translation may be respected?

EDIT - If not already arranged when that decision is made. I'm way out of bounds here, I just remember that discussion from 2020.

depravado7777

Sep 24, 2017
If the translation could be done it would be fine

well thank you very much for considering:geek:

Last edited:

tmmls10

Sep 3, 2020
Any advice re: the jessica/desire scene? Haven't been able to get it a second time. Does Desire need to be in her room? Does Jessica need to be in hers? Does it need to be after they've both worked out, as they mention a workout in the beginning text? The guide says "both girls cannot be in another location at the same time" - do they have to not be in the gym (or anywhere else) simultaneously?

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
Any advice re: the jessica/desire scene? Haven't been able to get it a second time. Does Desire need to be in her room? Does Jessica need to be in hers? Does it need to be after they've both worked out, as they mention a workout in the beginning text? The guide says "both girls cannot be in another location at the same time" - do they have to not be in the gym (or anywhere else) simultaneously?
it triggers if both of them are on high lust.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
If the translation could be done it would be fine

well thank you very much for considering:geek:
I don't want to ruin your hope but if any translation is ever made it will be by a volunteer.
The provability that the Dev makes a Spanish translation or any other, is remote at best.
Try asking here : https://f95zone.to/forums/request.119/

It's a random event by the very definition of the term. It happens or not when the MC goes or move from his room. You can't setup the parameter for it to trigger.
Edit: apparently not totally right, previous poster said high lust required.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

On an island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

I wanna go home

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
I don't want to ruin your hope but if any translation is ever made it will be by a volunteer.
The provability that the Dev makes a Spanish translation or any other, is remote at best.
Try asking here : https://f95zone.to/forums/request.119/

It's a random event by the very definition of the term. It happens or not when the MC goes or move from his room. You can't setup the parameter for it to trigger.
Edit: apparently not totally right, previous poster said high lust required.
Also besides high lust on Jessica/Desire. Make sure neither are on a duty like reception, clinic, etc. Still random. Patience.

slickricks

Jun 13, 2020
Hi all, I recently hit a bug that prevents me from even getting the game open. It seems like it has something to do with a "segmentation fault," but I am admittedly too dumb to know what that means (even after some googling around). I've tried deleting the game from my computer and then reinstalling it, but the same message keeps popping up...any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Darkhound, you rule!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes