SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Will this be released before the end of this year?
So as we have found out recently you are good at counting days and stating about how long time has passed by from the last update. Now we can see you like to state the obvious and ask what can be considered pointless.

As I said last time your comment/statement/question will not bring about a sudden rush of development and the next release straight away.

To answer your question about "Will this be released before the end of this year?"
It was answered in this post which was just below the last Development news...
How to read the development info (duck style).

Done
The lab area, 2 new girls, main introduction events and 4 additional events leading up to or taking place there are done.

Worked on
3 additional events inside the lab are being worked on and in various stages of partial completion.

What does that mean?
The done status for the primary lab entry is the confirmation that the major and critical hurdle has been cleared.

The area is entering the normal development flow of being filled out with additional content, story bits and girls having fun.

We know this for certain as the primary lab entry is marked done and the new working on it are all of the scene/event content types.

So while unlikely to be just around the corner it also means v3.0 is entering its next stage (duration unknown, I'll not make a guess on that).

Speculation (beyond release v3.0)
Relevant to note is the lab area and theme looks to be a substantial entry, one beyond what is seen for other locations in the game so far.

It is therefore reasonable to speculate that it will be a recurring and major source of new events and story content, also after v3.0 is released.

Simple facts of life
The doctor is both cute and smoking hot.

Since she likes ducks, she is now mine, lab's closed due to duck infestation, bye bye :p (the rest of you will get a bandaid on your busted foot and and a bag of icecubes to be your new best friend)
I do not have any exact info on the time scale, lots of things affect it and even unexpected things can happen to change it, but its safe to say it will not be long before the next release.

Don't worry, I am sure it will be worth the wait, and you can get your "Full save" file back up to full again quickly, ready to post out for validation from all the people who can not be bothered to play the game to download and use.
:)

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
"On an Island, Somewhere in the Pacific ..."

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(***disclaimer***)
(This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual images or story from the game)
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)
You spelled Silver and Black wrong! Oh wait, they aren't in the play-offs, "Go Browns"!

Reactions: Bantry
Mar 12, 2017
Hi guys...

I'm tied with two pending appointments only (one for Alice and one for Amy). These are the last ones for 0.2.3.2 version (not the ones available in previous releases).

- For Amy: how to get additional sperm samples, once that quest was already completed (new appointment came up now, once I had that finished).
- For Alice: Strength Training with extras (same as before, once training was already finished).

Thanks in advance

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Hi guys...

I'm tied with two pending appointments only (one for Alice and one for Amy). These are the last ones for 0.2.3.2 version (not the ones available in previous releases).

- For Amy: how to get additional sperm samples, once that quest was already completed (new appointment came up now, once I had that finished).
- For Alice: Strength Training with extras (same as before, once training was already finished).

Thanks in advance
Amy sperm sample : visit her when she is in her room around 17h / 18h or so, ask to meet her for an appointement, select sperm sample.
Alice: strength training with extra is currently a one time deal. It may change with the next update but I'm not sure if I understood the dev note correctly.

Looks like the scene will be redone completely in next update :
  • Alice's event where she's struggling with the weigths at the gym has been completely remade. There is also an achivement now --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice will get an update for her strength training appointments. All images will be rerendered in 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.3.0.0

OwlHowler

Jun 22, 2018
I swear im getting a bug every time i visit Jennifer, either after a photoshoot or visit her after her shower
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/loc_girls_room.rpyc", line 594, in script
^�� � �=�}����˫s��k��`�BC
File "C:\Users\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 59, in check_infinite_loop
raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.3.0
Sun Jan 17 20:54:16 2021

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I swear im getting a bug every time i visit Jennifer, either after a photoshoot or visit her after her shower
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "C:\Users\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 59, in check_infinite_loop
raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.3.0
Sun Jan 17 20:54:16 2021
First things first - You appear to be running 0.2.3.0, get the update to 0.2.3.2 (several bugs have been corrected). Check the OP for a link.

Second - Do you have the new room yet?

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Hi guys,
According to FAQ we should have 4 girls on sandbox wishes. Jennifer,Brenda,Eva and Yvette. I did Jennifer's wish and Brenda´s.When I spoke with Joy I expected to get Eva or Yvette(both on island) and she gave me Heather's wish..Did I missed something?I can't continue with Jennifer's story until I finish with all wishes,no?

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Hi guys,
According to FAQ we should have 4 girls on sandbox wishes. Jennifer,Brenda,Eva and Yvette. I did Jennifer's wish and Brenda´s.When I spoke with Joy I expected to get Eva or Yvette(both on island) and she gave me Heather's wish..Did I missed something?I can't continue with Jennifer's story until I finish with all wishes,no?
The wishes do affect you continuing with Jennifer's story, and also are given to you in random order.
To continue with Jennifer's story you need to have completed the wishes for Brenda and Eva.
Best to complete all 5 wishes first ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: junior366

Not Data

Aug 23, 2020

CHANGING OF THE GIRLS - CONCLUSION

The final part of this trilogy is a bit of a paradox. And I don't mean two girls in the medical lab. This concerns room assignments and girl limitations.

Excluding girls like Jennifer, I count 15 girls we can invite or send home from the island. Not counting the very early days, we can have 7 or 8 of these girls on the island at one time. No more. No less. Why is that? We are talking about fictional HI canon here. Not computer possibilities for our creator.

My first instincts tell me that there are only so many rooms available. So please consider this if that is true. We have maximum girls on island. We send Amy home and invite Eva. I guess that means Eva would get Amy's room. Later, we send Lacey home and bring Amy back. That would mean Amy would get Lacey's room, right? But if Amy invites us for dinner, her room looks exactly the same as her previous tour of duty!

On the other hand, let's consider Heather's room. She sometimes leaves door open for us to see her trying on sexy costumes for pole dancing. We see this through a reflection in a conveniently placed mirror. But when we visit her room after Hotshots, that bureau with mirror is not there when you walk in. Is Heather in another room? Or did she purposely move bureau knowing that MC would be tempted to spy on her?

Another puzzler is that when girl arrives, we only see her toting a small carry on. Even though those swimsuits would not take up much space, that does not seem like much for an indefinite stay! Does HI have a sexy bellhop we have to meet that carries in her main luggage? Or does she always maintain some belongings in a dedicated room? What does Joy provide for free in the room. After the experience with Renee, we know HI supplies toothbrushes at least.

I admit that I never paid close attention to the girls' room numbers. Do all 15 girls have a dedicated room that remains unoccupied when they are off island? Or does a newly arrived girl take the room of the recently departed girl?

If they have their own permanent room, the 8 girl maximum rule cannot be because of room availability. What could it be? While we are at it, why can't we send home lots of girls to have more private time with our favorites? Do you have any theories? While I undergo therapy, I will read your thoughts. On second thought, you better write them down here. I'm not Professor Xavier!

I don't expect any "HaHa" emojis on this one. I couldn't think of anything funny. Not even the paradox remark.

This ends the "Changing Of The Girls" trilogy. Hope you liked it. Now I gotta see if I have any mojo for a new topic.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018

CHANGING OF THE GIRLS - CONCLUSION

The final part of this trilogy is a bit of a paradox. And I don't mean two girls in the medical lab. This concerns room assignments and girl limitations.

Excluding girls like Jennifer, I count 15 girls we can invite or send home from the island. Not counting the very early days, we can have 7 or 8 of these girls on the island at one time. No more. No less. Why is that? We are talking about fictional HI canon here. Not computer possibilities for our creator.

My first instincts tell me that there are only so many rooms available. So please consider this if that is true. We have maximum girls on island. We send Amy home and invite Eva. I guess that means Eva would get Amy's room. Later, we send Lacey home and bring Amy back. That would mean Amy would get Lacey's room, right? But if Amy invites us for dinner, her room looks exactly the same as her previous tour of duty!

On the other hand, let's consider Heather's room. She sometimes leaves door open for us to see her trying on sexy costumes for pole dancing. We see this through a reflection in a conveniently placed mirror. But when we visit her room after Hotshots, that bureau with mirror is not there when you walk in. Is Heather in another room? Or did she purposely move bureau knowing that MC would be tempted to spy on her?

Another puzzler is that when girl arrives, we only see her toting a small carry on. Even though those swimsuits would not take up much space, that does not seem like much for an indefinite stay! Does HI have a sexy bellhop we have to meet that carries in her main luggage? Or does she always maintain some belongings in a dedicated room? What does Joy provide for free in the room. After the experience with Renee, we know HI supplies toothbrushes at least.

I admit that I never paid close attention to the girls' room numbers. Do all 15 girls have a dedicated room that remains unoccupied when they are off island? Or does a newly arrived girl take the room of the recently departed girl?

If they have their own permanent room, the 8 girl maximum rule cannot be because of room availability. What could it be? While we are at it, why can't we send home lots of girls to have more private time with our favorites? Do you have any theories? While I undergo therapy, I will read your thoughts. On second thought, you better write them down here. I'm not Professor Xavier!

I don't expect any "HaHa" emojis on this one. I couldn't think of anything funny. Not even the paradox remark.

This ends the "Changing Of The Girls" trilogy. Hope you liked it. Now I gotta see if I have any mojo for a new topic.
- 9 girls.
- Probability based sandbox design and on screen limitations. Taking the prior first, an increasing number results in crowding out of events. The latter involves endless scrolling through girls at higher numbers.
- They always have the same room number and thus room.
- Resplandor 237 should be avoided

Also, as suggested by the room numbers, the lab, and possible future additons, the resort is much larger than the area the player and girls regularly frequent.

Last edited:

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
- 9 girls.
- Probability based sandbox design and on screen limitations. Taking the prior first, an increasing number results in crowding out of events. The latter involves endless scrolling through girls at higher numbers.
- They always have the same room number and thus room.
- Resplandor 237 should be avoided

Also, as suggested by the room numbers, the lab, and possible future additons, the resort is much larger than the area the player and girls regularly frequent.
I agree with most of this but one line...
I have to FactCheck you on this one I am afraid...

" Resplandor 237 should be avoided "

I have full hacking skills obtained and FULL details on ALL characters and a room number is not assigned to Ms Resplandor.
Rumour has it she has a personal villa somewhere on the Island :unsure:

4.10 star(s) 213 Votes