SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Hello everybody, i have a problem. I played the game a bit time ago and now i want to continue so i downloaded the last update and apply to my game but the game doesn t open. So i tried to download the full game but nothing,the game doesn't open. Do you know if i am doing something wrong?
Have a look at the "Game Fix" spoiler in the first post of this thread...

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-1-1-darkhound1.3782/

This should be the fix to get you working again.
Also, Use a download of the game from the official links on Patreon...

and add the update from Patreon...

as the files linked here in F95 have faults and cause bugs etc...

bart995

Aug 16, 2018
Have a look at the "Game Fix" spoiler in the first post of this thread...

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-3-1-1-darkhound1.3782/

This should be the fix to get you working again.
Also, Use a download of the game from the official links on Patreon...

and add the update from Patreon...

as the files linked here in F95 have faults and cause bugs etc...
I tried as you say but this message appears.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I tried as you say but this message appears.
That's due to you not adding the update correctly.
Best to start again with a new Fresh install folder (save your saves if you have any, they are in the "saves" folder inside)
With the update just drag the folder into the upper level of the "HolidayIsland-0.3.1.0-pc" folder where a folder already called "Game" is.
It may ask if you want to update certain files...click yes.

Reactions: yankeeInKy

bart995

Aug 16, 2018
That's due to you not adding the update correctly.
Best to start again with a new Fresh install folder (save your saves if you have any, they are in the "saves" folder inside)
With the update just drag the folder into the upper level of the "HolidayIsland-0.3.1.0-pc" folder where a folder already called "Game" is.
It may ask if you want to update certain files...click yes.
I did what you said but this messagge appears. Forgive me if i bother you, but i really tried everything:cry:

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I did what you said but this messagge appears. Forgive me if i bother you, but i really tried everything:cry:
Okay...
now you need to use the fix from the first post...

DELETE the persistent file in these two folders (Save & AppData).
Try to start the game again.

Save folder... ( HolidayIsland-0.3.1.0-pc/game/saves)
AppData folder (C:/user/***/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023)*** your user id

bart995

Aug 16, 2018
Okay...
now you need to use the fix from the first post...

DELETE the persistent file in these two folders (Save & AppData).
Try to start the game again.

Save folder... ( HolidayIsland-0.3.1.0-pc/game/saves)
AppData folder (C:/user/***/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023)*** your user id
DONE IT!! Bro,you're my king! Thanks for being so patient!

ZurgLightyear

Jan 17, 2022
so i started with the 3.0.0 verison and it worked the first couple times and now it won't start and before you suggest it im trying to play on pc and i can not for the life of me find save & appdata lol....for that fix to game any thoughts?

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
so i started with the 3.0.0 verison and it worked the first couple times and now it won't start and before you suggest it im trying to play on pc and i can not for the life of me find save & appdata lol....for that fix to game any thoughts?
Did you look at the two post right above yours?

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
So the save folder is in your game folder usual called " HolidayIsland-x.x.x.x-pc " the x's being numbers.
Inside you will find a folder called "game".
Inside that, you will find a folder called "saves"
inside you will find a file called "persistant" which is the first one to delate.

The AppData folder is in your main drive usually labelled C:/
work your way through following folders...

C:/user/***/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023 the *** wil be your PC user name.
The numbers after Island may be different but that will be the folder.
inside the end folder you will find another "persistant" file... delete that one as well

Start the game again and should work.
Unfortunately, if you can still not still find these folders, or fix the bug, then nothing more can be done at the moment as this is the only known fix.

ZurgLightyear

Jan 17, 2022
doesn't exist either so that why im at a huge loss as to why it just up and stopped working i didn't go far in the game so i just redownloaded multiple times to no avail. I can see the exe file start but it crashes with seconds

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
doesn't exist either so that why im at a huge loss as to why it just up and stopped working i didn't go far in the game so i just redownloaded multiple times to no avail. I can see the exe file start but it crashes with seconds
I will PM you about this as getting a bit too far for the general thread.

Kumidan

Sep 5, 2021
Hello,
I wrote a Python script to execute commands into the game console.
The last time I used it was on version 0.2.x.x, now I've tried to run it on the new version and it is not working, the enter keypress is ignored, is it changed anything in the console to avoid this kind of script?

If you want to give it a try this is the code (start the script and focus the game console, the script starts to type after 5 seconds)

Code:
from pynput.keyboard import Key, Controller
from time import sleep

# To open the console: shift+o (char o)

keyboard = Controller()

# Uncomment the name of the girls currently on the island
names = [
    #'alice',
    #'aly',
    #'amy',
    #'brenda',
    #'delizia',
    #'desire',
    #'eva',
    #'faye',
    #'heather',
    #'ivy',
    #'jennifer',
    #'jessica',
    #'joy',
    #'lacey',
    #'mercedes',
    #'miriam',
    #'natasha',
    #'renee',
    #'yumiko',
    #'yvette'
    ]

stats = [
    '.rsm[0].love_max = 100', 
    '.rsm[0].love = 100', 
    '.rsm[0].affection_max = 100', 
    '.rsm[0].affection = 100',
    '.rsm[0].favor = 200',
    '.rsm[0].anger = 0',
    '.lust = 100'
    ]

# to give the time to focus on the console after that script starts
sleep(5)

# for each name
for name in names:
    # for each stat
    for stat in stats:
        # combine name and stat to build the command to execute in the console
        command = name + stat

# for each character contained into the command
        for char in command:
            keyboard.tap(char)

# enter at the end of the command
        keyboard.tap(Key.enter)
        sleep(0.1)

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I am just going to say what I and many other experienced players of HI have said MANY TIMES.

Messing around with console commands if you are not an experienced programmer and know what you are doing, is the fastest way to bork the game.
You can mess up your save file and have to start from the beginning again.

DO NOT TRY THE ABOVE.
Even says it does not work on the current version :rolleyes:

Kumidan

Sep 5, 2021
I am just going to say what I and many other experienced players of HI have said MANY TIMES.

Messing around with console commands if you are not an experienced programmer and know what you are doing, is the fastest way to bork the game.
You can mess up your save file and have to start from the beginning again.

DO NOT TRY THE ABOVE.
Even the poster says it does not work on the current version :rolleyes:
The way it is not working is only that it is not receiving the enter keypress, while the console in the previous versions did.
Those are the usual commands you find on any site to change the girls' stats, the only difference is that you can have 50 commands entered in a few seconds instead to spend half an hour typing by yourself.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
The way it is not working is only that it is not receiving the enter keypress, while the console in the previous versions did.
Those are the usual commands you find on any site to change the girls' stats, the only difference is that you can have 50 commands entered in a few seconds instead to spend half an hour typing by yourself.
The Companion Mod already exists and it was designed by the game developer to eliminate the need to use console codes. As mentioned above,

THERE IS NO REASON TO ADD ADDITIONAL MODS OR CODES TO THE GAME UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO BORK THE GAME, YOUR SAVES AND SO ON!

Kumidan

Sep 5, 2021
The Companion Mod already exists and it was designed by the game developer to eliminate the need to use console codes. As mentioned above,

THERE IS NO REASON TO ADD ADDITIONAL MODS OR CODES TO THE GAME UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO BORK THE GAME, YOUR SAVES AND SO ON!
Come on guys, those codes do nothing different even than the companion mod, it is just way faster since with the companion you have to click one girl at a time, move the sliders...
If you know Python, you can read the code and see by yourself that the executed commands are like:
alice.rsm[0].love_max = 100
alice.rsm[0].love = 100
alice.rsm[0].affection_max = 100
alice.rsm[0].affection = 100
alice.rsm[0].favor = 200
alice.rsm[0].anger = 0
alice.lust = 100

so please, seriously, if you don't want, do not run the script, I'm not asking you to do so, I'm just asking if any of you know the reason why in the new version the enter key is not received by the console.

• Angry
Reactions: ZenGarden

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Come on guys, those codes do nothing different even than the companion mod, it is just way faster since with the companion you have to click one girl at a time, move the sliders...
If you know Python, you can read the code and see by yourself that the executed commands are like:
alice.rsm[0].love = 100
alice.rsm[0].favor = 200
alice.rsm[0].anger = 0
alice.lust = 100

so please, seriously, if you don't want, do not run the script, I'm not asking you to do so, I'm just asking if any of you know the reason why in the new version the enter key is not received by the console.
I will ask you one simple question...

Have you actually played the game? and to a high level, let's say 50% of the scenes, events, appointments completed?

Reactions: ZenGarden

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
alice.rsm[0].love = 100
alice.rsm[0].favor = 200
alice.rsm[0].anger = 0
alice.lust = 100

Better question: If someone runs your script and it messes up and Borks their game and saves, are you going to offer unlimited support to help them resolve their issues and restore their game and saves to a playable status again? You have 3 posts and this is the first your script has been posted in this thread, unless you had a previous identity and were banned or kicked off of F95Zone.

4.10 star(s) 213 Votes