darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Program won't start in linux. Below is the traceback. I did try the "delete the persistent save".

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/functions.rpy", line 5679, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'LifoQueue'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/media/MyStuff/AG/HI/HolidayIsland-0.3.5.0-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/media/MyStuff/AG/HI/HolidayIsland-0.3.5.0-pc/renpy/main.py", line 515, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "game/functions.rpyc", line 5678, in script
File "game/functions.rpyc", line 5678, in script
File "/media/MyStuff/AG/HI/HolidayIsland-0.3.5.0-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/media/MyStuff/AG/HI/HolidayIsland-0.3.5.0-pc/renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/functions.rpy", line 5679, in <module>
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/__init__.py", line 43, in <module>
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/urllib3/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 58, in <module>
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 65, in ConnectionPool
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'LifoQueue'

Linux-5.16.10-arch1-1-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Holiday Island 0.3.5.0
Wed Mar 9 13:09:24 2022
Try the attached fix. Replace the file "functions.rpyc" in the folder Holiday Island\game\ with the one from the attached zip.

Not Data

Aug 23, 2020
Next update, the new restaurant on rainy days :)
The rain is animated like in all other outside areas.
View attachment 1698415 View attachment 1698416 View attachment 1698417

You will also be able to just click on a girl to sit at her table.
Cool! Right now, I believe Jessica and Natasha always sit at far right. One time Jessica left and Natasha arrived to take the same spot. Depending on who is on the island, I am guessing it will not be possible for certain girls to be dining at the same time. Not a bad thing. Just interesting trivia.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MarsUltor

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
3. Is it me or do the same girls seem to always sit at the same table in the same chair? Have the girls developed social cliques? Is it like high school again with a nerd table, a jock table, etc.? Or are the girls creatures of habit who like to sit at the same spot every time. You might be like that if you go to a class or church. You would think Amy and Alice would like to eat together some times. But as you keep playing the game, keep watching for this and see if you notice any patterns. Do we have a bunch of Sheldons who don't like others sitting in their spot?
17 girls use the restaurant.
Each girl has 3 renders, except Amy who has 7.

Total cost = 55 renders.

The restaurant's table seating seems like it is served by 3 different base setups.
So it would require at least 110 additional renders for the girls to be able to sit anywhere at their table.

To have them sit at any place at any table would cost a lot more.
Would be a big step backwards to the old days of render replication, time spent for little to no gain.

Solution : fixed seating.

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Cool! Right now, I believe Jessica and Natasha always sit at far right. One time Jessica left and Natasha arrived to take the same spot. Depending on who is on the island, I am guessing it will not be possible for certain girls to be dining at the same time. Not a bad thing. Just interesting trivia.
The girls are split into an early and a late group. The members of the early group will eat/stay for a random time. If the place is occupied, the member of the late group using the same seat cannot join.
So yes, girls using the same spot can never be together at the restaurant.
The reason is the number of necessary renders and very complicated code to do it differently.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I ran into the same bug as this member did
This is after Delizia leaves for her first exam

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I checked the code again and fixed another bug. Will be part of the next update.
To fix it in your game, either go to reception and have a different nurse asigned, or open the console and type this:
jobs.doctor2 = renpy.random.choice(jobs.doctor_list)
This will auto asign a random nurse from the girls currently on the island.

Last edited:

Teezee

Jan 14, 2018
I checked the code again and fixed another bug. Will be part of the next update.
To fix it in your game, either go to reception and have a different nurse asigned, or open the console and type this:
jobs.doctor2 = renpy.random.choice(jobs.doctor_list)
This will auto asign a random nurse from the girls currently on the island.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly ....

Sadly neither workaround works, and just an FYI adding the line " jobs.doctor2 = renpy.random.choice(jobs.doctor_list) " through the console, caused for whatever reason the bug mentioned on the first page, the game wouldn't restart till I deleted the persistent file from both locations...

If this helps this is what's going on just before the crash

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jul 9, 2021
Not sure if this is the case or not, but is there some sort of embedded process in the game files that takes up a lot of system resources? I put 3.5 on my computer (windows 10) yesterday and ever since it's been really bogged down. The hard drive is constantly clicking and it's running like a Commodore 64, it most definitely was not doing this before I fired the game up.

Any ideas?

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Not sure if this is the case or not, but is there some sort of embedded process in the game files that takes up a lot of system resources? I put 3.5 on my computer (windows 10) yesterday and ever since it's been really bogged down. The hard drive is constantly clicking and it's running like a Commodore 64, it most definitely was not doing this before I fired the game up.

Any ideas?
Your PC runs like a C64 with the game running or not ?
Tasks manager : check which program is using HDD and/or CPU time.
The game mostly use video memory.

4.10 star(s) 214 Votes