vforvlad

May 20, 2021
Some feedback on the camera controls:

1646979323873.png

Could they be adjusted so that the buttons that don't work in the current view are greyed-out instead of just being non-clickable?
Also, moving the camcorder button to it's own "Angle" section would make it more understandable. You could then have options for angle "1" and "2", or "A" and "B". This also opens up the possibility for further angles in future versions.
Those first 3 buttons in that row can then become known as the "Pan" controls.

Singer2022

Jan 22, 2021
Have to ask, you did download the Companion Mod from the developer's Patreon page and follow the instructions exactly on how to install?
I did, several times now, and nothing is happening.

At least my game isnt crashing but the mod is not showing in any form or shape.

On a MacBook Air M1 with 12.2.1 Monterey

Thanks as always to darkhound for one of the best games out there..!!!

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
I had to delete my permanent files to fix the game from not starting, but now I don't have the plane and arrival scenes anymore... does anyone know a console cheat to add them? thanks!
Btw, checking for easter eggs it seems I already triggered all of them but now I have none... have those also been cancelled by deleting the permanent file?

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I had to delete my permanent files to fix the game from not starting, but now I don't have the plane and arrival scenes anymore... does anyone know a console cheat to add them? thanks!
Btw, checking for easter eggs it seems I already triggered all of them but now I have none... have those also been cancelled by deleting the permanent file?
I do not know about the Easter Eggs, but as for the plane girl and accompanying scenes (i.e. Yvette and Amy) you will need to start a new game for each one. Before you freak out, open Holiday Island as you currently do, but rather than 'Load' one of your current 'saves', start a new game and go through all the steps to get the plane girl of your choice. Once you have seen the plane scene and any additional scenes, stop playing and go back and load your latest save. Now all your completed achievements will show as before, albeit with a different color number. This information is also available in the last few issues of the Companion Guide.

For all of you reading this post that have asked for a 'Full Save' go back and read it again. Many appointments, event, scenes are not repeatable, but the one's that are, have to be replayed! Short version, Play the game yourself!

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
I do not know about the Easter Eggs, but as for the plane girl and accompanying scenes (i.e. Yvette and Amy) you will need to start a new game for each one. Before you freak out, open Holiday Island as you currently do, but rather than 'Load' one of your current 'saves', start a new game and go through all the steps to get the plane girl of your choice. Once you have seen the plane scene and any additional scenes, stop playing and go back and load your latest save. Now all your completed achievements will show as before, albeit with a different color number. This information is also available in the last few issues of the Companion Guide.

For all of you reading this post that have asked for a 'Full Save' go back and read it again. Many appointments, event, scenes are not repeatable, but the one's that are, have to be replayed! Short version, Play the game yourself!
Thanks.

Sep 26, 2021
Have to ask, you did download the Companion Mod from the developer's Patreon page and follow the instructions exactly on how to install?
Yes, I followed all of the directions and have copied all of the files and pasted them into the game folder for the game itself. However, unlike the other Mac user, the Mod Icon shows up for me, but every time I click on it, the game cashes.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Yes, I followed all of the directions and have copied all of the files and pasted them into the game folder for the game itself. However, unlike the other Mac user, the Mod Icon shows up for me, but every time I click on it, the game cashes.
Since you don't provide a crash report, I'm just taking an educated guess :)
You're getting some error about a missing image. In that case check where you copied the folder named "nemod". it needs to be copied into the folder HI\game\images.

poptawt

May 8, 2020
Program won't start in linux. Below is the traceback. I did try the "delete the persistent save".

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/functions.rpy", line 5679, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'LifoQueue'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/media/MyStuff/AG/HI/HolidayIsland-0.3.5.0-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/media/MyStuff/AG/HI/HolidayIsland-0.3.5.0-pc/renpy/main.py", line 515, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "game/functions.rpyc", line 5678, in script
File "game/functions.rpyc", line 5678, in script
File "/media/MyStuff/AG/HI/HolidayIsland-0.3.5.0-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/media/MyStuff/AG/HI/HolidayIsland-0.3.5.0-pc/renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/functions.rpy", line 5679, in <module>
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/requests/__init__.py", line 43, in <module>
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/urllib3/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 58, in <module>
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 65, in ConnectionPool
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'LifoQueue'

Linux-5.16.10-arch1-1-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Holiday Island 0.3.5.0
Wed Mar 9 13:09:24 2022
i am getting this same issue on my mac :(

deleting persistent files isn't working. can someone please help? i went back a few page and there's no answer yet

Last edited:

Not Data

Aug 23, 2020
ANAL RETENTIVE MUSINGS - NEW DINING ROOM EDITION

I have only played 3.5 a few times and this is all I've noticed so far. BTW, I love the new outdoor dining room. It looks awesome and so do everybody sitting there. Now on to the nitpicking:

1. Does the MC eat while standing up? The icon says "You get something to eat from the buffet" or something like that. Key word may be "get" rather than "eat". But if the "you are hungry" icon pops up before you go there, it will disappear after you "get" something, but before you sit down. Perhaps after sitting down, we can see the MC stuffing his mouth going "num num num" ala the Cookie Monster.

2. Somebody else pointed this out, but I noticed it too. On rainy days, the outdoor dining room is still in use with no evidence or precipitation. Could there be a protective covering out of camera range? But then, the rain would still be visible in the background. It is possible the rain slowed down to a drizzle or temporarily stopped. But every time? How con-veen-ee-ent!

I suppose we can have have everybody return to old dining room on rainy days. Is it still there? Or is it being remodeled for another purpose? If yes, what would you like to see it become? My vote would be for a game room. We can then play a new game or two with the girls besides poker.

3. Is it me or do the same girls seem to always sit at the same table in the same chair? Have the girls developed social cliques? Is it like high school again with a nerd table, a jock table, etc.? Or are the girls creatures of habit who like to sit at the same spot every time. You might be like that if you go to a class or church. You would think Amy and Alice would like to eat together some times. But as you keep playing the game, keep watching for this and see if you notice any patterns. Do we have a bunch of Sheldons who don't like others sitting in their spot?

I have yet to discover most of the new updates and I am looking forward to them. I don't like to do them all too early. This keeps game nice and fresh. Game will seem new for a long time. Maybe even up to next update. But I am having trouble getting Deliza started on her new nursing gig. She is not behaving any differently than before the update. I look forward to the new Companion Guide to help here. But if anybody wants to give me a boost, I would appreciate it. I don't care if it's Moderna or Pfizer. Better make if J&J so you don't have to separate the advice in two separate posts.

4.10 star(s) 214 Votes