zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I can't say what's causing it. But I can't believe it is a general win11 problem. If that was the case, there would be a ton of people reporting problems by now.
Maybe there is someone using win11 who can confirm that the game generally works.
There are tons of people reporting problems with Renpy games on win11. A simple Google search will turn up thousands. The problem is most of those reports are not specific to any Renpy version. And after reading quite a number of those reports my estimate too was that there is no general Renpy problem. It all comes down to drivers shipped with a specific version, the hardware people are running on etc. What the reporter here faces looks like driver hell too. The error is somewhere in the lower layers, not in the HI code. But I can't find any lists of what drivers are included with what version of Renpy. Not even on the Renpy site.

Reactions: Bantry

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
There are tons of people reporting problems with Renpy games on win11. A simple Google search will turn up thousands. The problem is most of those reports are not specific to any Renpy version. And after reading quite a number of those reports my estimate too was that there is no general Renpy problem. It all comes down to drivers shipped with a specific version, the hardware people are running on etc. What the reporter here faces looks like driver hell too. The error is somewhere in the lower layers, not in the HI code. But I can't find any lists of what drivers are included with what version of Renpy. Not even on the Renpy site.
Can't you right click on the .exe file and run in compatibility mode say as Win 10?

AmbrosiusGrimm

Jan 24, 2018
Thanks for the info. I should add the the game ran fine on this same pc in version 4.0.0. I have updated windows sense than so it could very well be a windows 11 problem. Also sense trying it multiple times I've noticed its not always "bool" object is not callable error. I've seen a "str" is not callable and one other that I can't remember specifically, but it is usually the "bool" error. It may be worth noting that other renpy games do still work fine it's only HI that I'm having problems with.
Edit: As for compatibility mode. I did try putting it in Win 8, which was the newest, compatibility mode, but I still got the same errors.

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Can't you right click on the .exe file and run in compatibility mode say as Win 10?
If the problem is drivers compatibility mode doesn't help. You could try updating drivers (on a oopy of the game of course!) bundled with the Renpy with HI if you knew which ones are bollocking things up. But that is kind of hard to find out.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Actually, the reason is......BECAUSE HE CAN!!!!
No, that looks more like this

Cthulhu and Bob hijacked a plane full of Miracle Fabric and resupplied Duck!
Bantry's probably right, but... Miracle Fabric or no Miracle Fabric, that knot is simply not (see what I did there??) up to the challenge!!
*breathing in*

1709071151309.png

<?> Duckswim?

1709073645487.png

<Daniela> DUCKSWIM!

1709073140292.png

<Me> Wha-What happened?
<Daniela> Lizette boobed you (sigh) What did I tell you about her?
<Me> To, thank god when she is on top?
<Daniela> Well, yes ... and don't stand within her clothes fragmentation range

Last edited:

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
DuckSwim this should only take a moment. Dr. Rosario and I just want to make sure your eyesight is alright. Please start at the top and continue reading towards the bottom. What's the lowest line you can read clearly?

View attachment 3392088
I cannot see the lowest line properly, but I can still tell who it is ...
That should probably worry me somewhat.

And leads me to one of two choices, I can,
  • Examine why (long and arduous journey of self realization)
  • Whine to Cthulhu
Think we all know what the right course of action is here.
One of Personal growth, integrity and

<Lizette> It says in the brochure that Cthulhu's Yacht allows MILFs
<Miranda> And we are allowed one free carry on
<Lizette> I think Yvette can fit within those measurements
<Miranda> Lucky!

... letting Bob loose on the Island :p

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Content_preview_0420.jpg

Version 0.4.2.0 - development news (updated 2nd of March 2024)

Hi guys and gals,
this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.4.2.0).
You can see the main focus and side areas for the next update in the above image.
The change log below is based on the release 0.4.1.0.

As of right now, the update from 0.4.1.0 to 0.4.2.0 has:
66 additional renders, videos or sound files (only includes post worked, finished renders)
1 new backgrounds for the phone
updated renders

New features, major improvements and new content
  • Renée gets an erotic massage scene -> still working on it
  • Natasha's pool scene has been re-rendered and some new images have been added. Dialogue has been rewritten as well -> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Mia's treatment is finished and she leaves the island, saying goodbye to our hero -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
Minor improvements and changes (including image upgrades)
  • Renée gets the pose butt sprites for the night bar -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Renée's night bar drink scene has been upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution webp format and a couple of renders have been added. Dialogue has been improved too -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Heather's extended beach pose scene (with Jessica) has been upgraded and the animation has been re-rendered with higher frame rate and higher resolution -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Heather's pool play scene has been upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution webp format -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Jessica's pool play scene has been upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution webp format -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Desire's pool jump in and exit scenes have been upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution webp format -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Amy's extended pool play scene has been upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution webp format -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Eva's pool play scene has been upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution webp format -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Alice's pool play scene has been upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution webp format -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Aly's sexting image from the pool will be send now together after a short chat -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
Bug fixes
  • None so far
Is the update going to break save games?

0.4.1.0 -> No

Estimated release dates:

No idea yet

Last edited:

Agungteguh27

Jun 4, 2017
View attachment 3394518

Version 0.4.2.0 - development news (updated 28th of February 2024)

Hi guys and gals,
this post offers you a collection of news about the next version of Holiday Island (0.4.2.0).
You can see the main focus and side areas for the next update in the above image.
The change log below is based on the release 0.4.1.0.

As of right now, the update from 0.4.1.0 to 0.4.2.0 has:
54 additional renders, videos or sound files (only includes post worked, finished renders)
1 new backgrounds for the phone
updated renders

New features, major improvements and new content
  • Natasha's pool scene has been re-rendered and some new images have been added. Dialogue has been rewritten as well -> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Mia's treatment is finished and she leaves the island, saying goodbye to our hero -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
Minor improvements and changes (including image upgrades)
  • Renée's night bar drink scene has been upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution webp format -> still working on it (renders are done)
  • Heather's extended beach pose scene (with Jessica) has been upgraded and the animation has been re-rendered with higher frame rate and higher resolution -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Heather's pool play scene has been upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution webp format -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Jessica's pool play scene has been upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution webp format -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Desire's pool jump in and exit scenes have been upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution webp format -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Amy's extended pool play scene has been upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution webp format -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Eva's pool play scene has been upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution webp format -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Alice's pool play scene has been upgraded to 2560x1440 resolution webp format -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
  • Aly's sexting image from the pool will be send now together after a short chat -> will be part of 0.4.2.0
Bug fixes
  • None so far
Is the update going to break save games?

0.4.1.0 -> No

Estimated release dates:

No idea yet
[/CO would the old save file work on the latest ver?

Reactions: yankeeInKy

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
A downgrade? :unsure:
The other super-busty-brunette-milf-doctor would like to hear why you consider a super-busty-brunette-milf-doctor a downgrade ... in her office ... right now! :eek:
Daniela is a big girl, but super busty she is not :)

As for the rest, yes I suppose I walked into that one. Though I do believe she'll be willing to cut me a bit of slack, did have a boob induced concussion after all.

4.00 star(s) 211 Votes