crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
My Physical Memory is listed as a percentage. When it gets to 90 percent is when the game gives me an "Out of Memory" error. By typing in renpy.free_memory() (Sorry I left out the parentheses in my first post), my Physical Memory drops back down to below 50% as listed by my task manager. My schedule is getting full, and my internet is wonky, but I will load the file and let you know how it goes.
The file worked for me. No crash while I was playing this time.

D

Deleted member 604239

90% or 50% from what or based on what?
If I execute the command, it returns "None" and it does nothing at all. Memory consumption doesn't change at all.
I could execute it in game every time you change location or wait. But I can't verify that it's working or doing anything at all.
Also to be exact, you probably have to type: renpy.free_memory()
Without the () it won't call anything, just display a function.

You can try to use the attached file (works for 0.1.7.0). It will execute:
$ renpy.free_memory()
every time you change location or wait
The new script seems to do the trick in regards to the memory leek the game presented before. I still wonder why only some people had it, indifferent of memory and OS.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
The new script seems to do the trick in regards to the memory leek the game presented before. I still wonder why only some people had it, indifferent of memory and OS.
My guess is integrated gpu and shitty intel drivers are causing the problem.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
My guess is integrated gpu and shitty intel drivers are causing the problem.
I use a dedicated gpu nvidia 1050 2gb with the latest nvidia drivers, Win10 and 16gb of RAM and I have/had the out of memory error. Now with the free mem script it seems to work better but I will run more test.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
In my mind, the current concept is fine, it's the actual event that's the problem. Going to their room and bringing up some idea they've given you via another event and then paying favor to get essentially an on demand scene that your character actually asked for sounds like actually returning a favor. So instead of winning poker to ask for a scene our character just brings up something, pays favor to get them in the mood, and they either make an appointment for some special location or just go to the act right then and there. But instead here, Desire not only controls the entire scene but kind of comes across as extorting you or just teasing you at your expense. Hell, the favor she is supposedly returning has her telling you exactly what to do the entire time, while when she's returning it she is yet again in full control.

I have other ideas of course. Using favor for scenes the girls themselves might not want to do without prodding, like Ivy in missionary or blindfold/hands tied play. Or adding to old scenes with the main character going stop, I want to blank instead. My main want is that our character actually asks for something from the girls(beyond the intimate acts), instead of them constantly deciding everything sexual for themselves, at best giving us a few options. I get that our guy has issues being dominant or believing that any of the girls actually want him despite them constantly admitting to that very idea. It's not like they have to say yes every time, hell the favor cost can go up based on their mood(anger+ low endurance + low lust = high favor cost).

I'm ranting at this point. Sorry if I'm coming across as annoying, I just really want scenes that use favor to have a different flavor to them, and not be a normal scene with a random cost gate in the middle.
Well, short answer... It's complicated. Long answer... lots of reading required :)

There are two basic options at this point.
a) remove the "girl favor" completely from the game (which I don't really want to do)
b) put the "girl favor" to some use

Let's say we try option b) for now.
So how can it work?
You either have to be asked if you want to spend the favor (or not), which interrupts the game flow and can feel strange like seen in the Desire scene. Or the game decides on it's own to continue if you have enough favor (so kind of auto use it if you have it). If you don't have it, the girl will react in a way to let you know that not having enough favor "stopped" the scene.
The "game flow" problem can possibly made less severe if presented in a different way. More like give the choice first to ask for a favor. To stay with the Desire example, maybe the mc could ask her to "jerk him off" or similar. Maybe like that:
"ask to get a hand treatment (might require favor)"
"continue talking"
If love or affection or lust or whatever of girl is high enough, she will do it without the need of favor.
If it's not high enough, but you have favor, it will be auto used.
If you don't have favor, she will replay accordingly.

In general, you can always argue that once she loves the mc or affection is high enough, she 'd do anything for the mc anyway without the need of "favor", which would reduce the favor use to start of game or maybe mid game. After that it would become obsolete, which would go into the direction of removing the favor completely.

Here are some ideas how the game could be evolved/changed (some would mean big game changes):
  • Only "some" girls can really love the mc at any given time, which would limit interaction with others.
    This isn't really unrealistic, as kissing or fondling another girl in front of one that loves the mc wouldn't really go unnoticed or without consequences.
  • It's too easy and generic to gain love and affection right now. The just buy her tons of roses or sweets and hug her approach isn't that great. To really change that requires even more scenes and quests so that there can really be something like evolution in the relationship. That's also where my idea of using a point or "heart" system instead of the 1,..100 system was coming from. I've changed the approach to keep the numbers, but have "heart" requirements for scenes and events now. The idea behind this is, that we can still have non linear gameplay, but less than right now and only up to a certain point. E.g. to have key scenes/events that you need to do to evolve the relationship to a new level. A bit like some VN's do it.
  • Favor in this context could be used to make her do things she otherwise wouldn't at the current state of the game. Like the example with Desire above.
  • Scenes/events that evolve the relationship would also make the use of the max favor and max love variables much more useful. Right now these two are more or less randomly increased. The original idea was to do it differently. E.g. let's say there are 5 or levels of love you can reach: 20,40,60,80,100. Max_love limit is at 20 in the beginning of the game, until "something" (which could be different things also, not just one specific thing) happens to increase max_love to 40, making it possible to reach the next level.
    Idealy, these special somethings are different for each girl, or at least not always the same.
  • All this can only work if each girl has a basic route through the game with enough milestones. Meaning more VN style elements in the game and "a basic story".

A general thing about choices...
Choices (during sex scenes) mean additional complexity and also (a lot) of additional renders. But like a lot of other games, I won't make this game all about sex. So you won't get 5 different ways to fuck her and cum in or on her anyway you want to. I just don't see that it will add much to the game in general. It means a ton of additional renders and animations for each sex scene + the endings.

Okay, I think that's more than enough for one day :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 604239

I use a dedicated gpu nvidia 1050 2gb with the latest nvidia drivers, Win10 and 16gb of RAM and I have/had the out of memory error. Now with the free mem script it seems to work better but I will run more test.
I believe the relevant question is what CPU you have? Because I remember a city building game from a few years ago, Lethis I think, that couldn't be played on any laptop or desktop that had a CPU with an integrated GPU, indifferent of the attached dedicated graphics card.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I believe the relevant question is what CPU you have? Because I remember a city building game from a few years ago, Lethis I think, that couldn't be played on any laptop or desktop that had a CPU with an integrated GPU, indifferent of the attached dedicated graphics card.
Intel I5 with integrated GPU but I think it is irrelevant to the mem leak ( I think I even deactivated it in the bios )
I played the game on my integrated GPU when my main card died without issue.
The mem leak appeared with v1.6 if I recall.

Reactions: brianiac

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not find return label u'_call_show_screen_60'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\Maris\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "C:\Users\Maris\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 525, in main
    run(restart)
  File "C:\Users\Maris\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "C:\Users\Maris\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "game/functions.rpyc", line 3541, in script
  File "game/functions.rpyc", line 3541, in script
  File "C:\Users\Maris\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1489, in execute
    next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
  File "C:\Users\Maris\Downloads\HolidayIsland-0170-pc\HolidayIsland-0.1.7.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 680, in lookup_return
    raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))
Exception: Could not find return label u'_call_show_screen_60'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.7.0
Wed Jul 10 21:32:02 2019
As soon as I open 1.6.2 save and click once.
Right before that this is my last view: 342426

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.8 beta - development news (updated 10/07/2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.8 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.7.0 release.
The next release is 0.1.7.1 beta which will be an incremental update!
It will include new features and bug fixes.
The update from 0.1.7.0 to 0.1.7.1 has 46 new renders, videos and sound files right now!

New features and content
  • Jennifer's transformation story will be concluded --> will be part of 0.1.7.2*
  • Renée gets the additional reception images with possibility for all intimate actions --> will be part of 0.1.7.1
  • Jessica gets two pool distraction events --> will be part of 0.1.7.1
  • Amy gets one pool distraction event --> will be part of 0.1.7.1
Minor improvements and changes
  • Several image transitions with "empty screens" in between have been fixed --> will be part of 0.1.7.1
  • A number of language and spelling errors have been fixed --> will be part of 0.1.7.1
  • High tech binoculars will be available in the shopping app --> will be part of 0.1.7.1
Bug fixes
  • Random out of memory errors. Since I'm unable to reproduce the problem, I've made an attempt to reduce the probability. First reports are saying that it helps --> will be included in 0.1.7.1
  • Playing hotshots when the girl's lust is 99 or 100 could result in a crash: File "game/loc_nightbar.rpy", line 5339, in get_random_text IndexError: list index out of range --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1
  • When visiting Heather in her room, game crashes with: could not find image. (u'images/locations/loc_girls_room1_door2.webp') --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1
  • Locations for girls currently not on the island were still showing on watch and phone --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1
  • Masseuse could be in thw spa before her arrival scene --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1
  • When reception shift changes on day 1 or 2, error: File "game/script.rpy", line 767, in IndexError: list index out of range could occur --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1
  • After Alice pole dance for you and the end is right when the last call scene starts, you got a crash: "could not find image. (u'scenes/Ivy/Ivy_nightbar_poledance4.jpg')" --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1
  • One of Renee's achievements has disappeared. She Used to have 3 Hot Shots achievements: was an accident, no idea how the line of code got deleted --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1
  • When Aly is the plane girl, other arrival scenes on day 0 or 1 will crash with a missing image (you should be able to use ignore to continue) --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.1
Is the update going to break save games?:
0.1.7.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.1.7.1 beta --> 11/07/2019 or 12/07/2019

* No, that isn't a typo (I already asked), it is a notice of one of the features that darkhound1 is currently working on for release 0.1.7.2.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Getting a steady version out is a solid move.

Didnt expect to see new major content, such as Jennifers, this side of 1.8 and teasers.
So 1.7.2 is above expectations.

Since 1.7.1 can contain minor additions I wonder if we could tease a few sexting images into it, if such a thing is a small cheap addition with little to no error introduction risk of course, for say Ivy + Lacey or Joy + Yumiko, both pairs currently at 3 each.

(this is of course a blatant marketing pitch for adding them :)).

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Since 1.7.1 can contain minor additions I wonder if we could tease a few sexting images into it, if such a thing is a small cheap addition with little to no error introduction risk of course, for say Ivy + Lacey or Joy + Yumiko, both pairs currently at 3 (this is of course a blatant marketing pitch for adding them :)).
Well if we are going to blatently shill for our favorites... There are girls with only one dream image, like oh I don't know, Delizia. Would really like another image or two to dream of while masterbating. Even seeing the fourth picture that is already rendered for her arrival scene, would be a plus.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Well if we are going to blatently shill for our favorites... There are girls with only one dream image, like oh I don't know, Delizia. Would really like another image or two to dream of while masterbating. Even seeing the fourth picture that is already rendered for her arrival scene, would be a plus.
Actually none of the girls listed are my favorites, I simply felt they were a bit behind the curve.
If Delizia had 3 I'd have written her name too :)

The sexting part is simply because it would be new standalone content. Also must admit I never paid much attention to
the dreams as they are repacked content set to work as a dream image (so there is already an original somewhere else).

Having now looked into that folder I am surprised to see Yvette is at 3 and Joy ruling it as a queen :)

turutu

Jul 11, 2017
v 1.7 bugs
Renne: Scenes seen / total 9 / 8
All seen / total: 15 / 14

Have problem, how to trigger:
"Aly arrives on the island after you met her on the plane."

"You spot Yvette as she climbs out of the pool."
"Yvete poses for you at the beach."

"You help Faye train weight lifting while she teases you. Hints: skimpy bikini"

"You play with Jessica in the pool."

yumiko's easter egg