-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Found a bug with the eva arrival.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
darkhound1, I had an error as well, though mine appears to be different. It was also during an arrival, though, specifically Brenda's. It was right after "With that promise she walks on in search of her room . . . and you continue to reception".

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, no reason to paste into a huge post, attachments are always the way to go if it's obviously lengthy...

Using the full version, will actually try the compressed version, shot in the dark!
Mmy OS is Windows 10 Home, attaching my system info...

(oh, my original post simply said i am not code savy but my game is crashing and here is my traceback...)
I just know from my own experience the more info you can provide the better chance of getting a timely answer from the developer.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
not that code-savy, this is crashing my game...
Well, since you don't say where or how it happens, let me just guess...
If it's in the new player room when you try to enter, delete all images on the wall. One of them has corrupt values.

darkhound1, I had an error as well, though mine appears to be different. It was also during an arrival, though, specifically Brenda's. It was right after "With that promise she walks on in search of her room . . . and you continue to reception".
It's already in the bug list. It will be fixed with 0.1.7.1

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Are there any commands we can run in the console to help debug the problem?

I'm not familiar enough with python to know what to use.

Though I *did* find one command to run in the console when I notice the memory in Windows Task Manager seems high:

renpy.free_memory()
"renpy.free_memory()"
Did this really work or do anything?
I can add it before and after the animations if there is a chance it will help to get rid of the memory problems.

Heavyhand1

Jun 29, 2019
Anyone know why Desire's scene where she "repays the favor" never comes up at night after the pool scene? She's either just out of the shower, getting ready to go to the bar, or too tired. I'm at 100 favor with her so maybe its a bug or maybe I'm doing something wrong...

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Anyone know why Desire's scene where she "repays the favor" never comes up at night after the pool scene? She's either just out of the shower, getting ready to go to the bar, or too tired. I'm at 100 favor with her so maybe its a bug or maybe I'm doing something wrong...
Go there at night when she's wearing lingerie. Even then you need luck that she's wearing the right one.

fudd

Jan 29, 2018
Well, since you don't say where or how it happens, let me just guess...
If it's in the new player room when you try to enter, delete all images on the wall. One of them has corrupt values.
Sorry for not including more, this is happening specifically when I finish ANY dialogue with Yumiko (upon exiting the dialogue). Or if I do not speak with her, this occurs whenever I try to go to the new room from any other location...

Is there a console command I can use to change / remove the wall image?

**Edit: right after I posted this, I was able to set a new image on the phone without going to the room. The image frame is clearly a problem, but setting a new bad image did clear up the error and I am able to continue with just black photos on the wall. Attaching images...**

Last edited:

Julius041

Mar 18, 2018
I was waiting for Joy to arrive to progress on Eva's quest in 1.62 but after updated to 1.70 Joy doesnt seems to come and I have to reload to older save for Joy to arrive. Is there a solution besides reolading old saves because I dont want to lose the progress since 1.70.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Sorry for not including more, this is happening specifically when I finish ANY dialogue with Yumiko (upon exiting the dialogue). Or if I do not speak with her, this occurs whenever I try to go to the new room from any other location...

Is there a console command I can use to change / remove the wall image?

**Edit: right after I posted this, I was able to set a new image on the phone without going to the room. The image frame is clearly a problem, but setting a new bad image did clear up the error and I am able to continue with just black photos on the wall. Attaching images...**
Are you using the compressed version?
There is a problem with the transparency of the "frame image". So either the image is damaged (maybe from compression) or your gpu cannot handle it properly.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I was waiting for Joy to arrive to progress on Eva's quest in 1.62 but after updated to 1.70 Joy doesnt seems to come and I have to reload to older save for Joy to arrive. Is there a solution besides reolading old saves because I dont want to lose the progress since 1.70.
I don't really understand what you mean. What are the attached images supposed to show?
That you have more open quests now? The new quest doesn't have anything to do with the first one. And the first one is still open. I'm not aware that it's not working in 0.1.7. I also don't remember changing anythig releated to that quest.

fudd

Jan 29, 2018
Are you using the compressed version?
There is a problem with the transparency of the "frame image". So either the image is damaged (maybe from compression) or your gpu cannot handle it properly.
No, full version. And my gpu has never have a problem with previous versions. This problem seems to be only mine, so it's not really worth getting into it. I'll wait for the next version :)

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
renpy.free_memory
clears the memory leak from 90% back down to 50%
then the memory leak starts to build again.
I've been typing it in so that the game doesn't break.
So, it works but has to be implimented every 40 minutes.

Reactions: brianiac

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
renpy.free_memory
clears the memory leak from 90% back down to 50%
then the memory leak starts to build again.
I've been typing it in so that the game doesn't break.
So, it works but has to be implimented every 40 minutes.
90% or 50% from what or based on what?
If I execute the command, it returns "None" and it does nothing at all. Memory consumption doesn't change at all.
I could execute it in game every time you change location or wait. But I can't verify that it's working or doing anything at all.
Also to be exact, you probably have to type: renpy.free_memory()
Without the () it won't call anything, just display a function.

You can try to use the attached file (works for 0.1.7.0). It will execute:
$ renpy.free_memory()
every time you change location or wait

brianiac

Jan 1, 2019
"renpy.free_memory()"
Did this really work or do anything?
I can add it before and after the animations if there is a chance it will help to get rid of the memory problems.
Yes. After running around the island for a few hours, Memory showed as 900,000 K. That command lowered memory to about 350,000 K.

Though I hadn't come across any animations yet. This seems to be just from images loading as new content was required to display the scene. Even just doing an action like "Give Heather a hug" raised the memory, but doesn't want to release it.

Something like the new beach scene with the lifeguard adds 200,000 K to the memory load but never let it go.

Maybe set it up to trigger the command every few hours that the MC experiences? Or during "time of day" changes ("morning", "afternoon", "evening", "late evening", "night").

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Maybe set it up to trigger the command every few hours that the MC experiences? Or during "time of day" changes ("morning", "afternoon", "evening", "late evening", "night").
Why make it complicated? If it doesn't hurt to do it, it can be done whenever you change the location, just as I already did in the file attached above.
The memory consumption on my system rarealy goes any higher than 270K. Even if it does, it goes back down after the scene automatically.

Reactions: brianiac

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Not directly to anyone in particular, but wouldn't hurt if people waited with the compressed version until the newest version of the game was a bug fixed version.

Compressing the initial version only adds error spam as it introduces its own "false" errors, into a situation where "official" errors are in the process of being identifed and corrected.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes