Arxius

Jan 11, 2020
Every special event, every special scene, I make new save so I can anytime return to that exact moment. As further I progress, I make new save and leave only those important or nice to me. There is tons of free save slots, so...

chewchew

Jan 6, 2018
chewchew

You only need to do the pool scene with Desire once to unlock the possibility for the visit Desire at night scene. This assumes that you got her to the point where she invites you to come to her room at night so she can return the favor. If that is done, now you need to have seen all three lingerie. It seems like you have seen one. This could be the trouble.

Her choice of lingerie is random. If you visit her at night when her stats are high (she won't wear the sexy one unless her lust is high) and she doesn't wear the sexy lingerie, then hit <PgUp> to roll back until you get to where you were when you decided to visit Desire. Then change your location or open your phone. This will reset the randomizer. Then visit her again. If she's still not wearing the sexy one, reset until she is.

That said, there may be a secret criteria which we aren't aware of that needs to happen for the scene to happen. For instance, we didn't know that Joy would not invite you to play poker unless you'd already beaten Jennifer first. Everyone else played poker with Jennifer right away and so always got the invite from Joy as soon as it was timed. When one guy couldn't get it, we later found out why. I added this to the FAQ. If you find out why it's not happening for you, let us know and we'll add it.

As to the matter of customizing your character, you choose which stat you want to be good at and your name. There is a way to change your name after the first scene which darkhound1 posted a few pages back. Search here or my FAQ to find it. I don't see the value of more customization than that.

If you want to customize the MC's look so that he wears different clothes or looks more like you, then that's not going to happen. I am not the developer, but the question came up recently. It was suggest that the MC could have a slight build to start, buff in the middle and jacked when he hits 10 strength. This would have required 1200 renders just to get started, not to mention the 600-1800 renders for all the scenes he is in. Just count the times he is in Yvette's dinner scene. Changes at the core of the game are not going to happen because it affects everything else that has been built up to now. Sorry.
Ok i will give it a go tonight and comfirm if it works. If i delete the game and reinstall it will it remember my saves. For some reason the game doesnt want to open

Reactions: Puppet Master

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Ok i will give it a go tonight and comfirm if it works. If i delete the game and reinstall it will it remember my saves. For some reason the game doesnt want to open
Your 'Saves' are stored in two different locations providing you're running a Windows system. Both in the 'game' folder within the folder 'saves' and also within the folder 'Island-xxxxxxxxx' which can be found in:
'C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\RenPy'

Just copy and save either folder to somewhere you can find again and after re-installing copy and paste back into the correct location.

Reactions: brianiac

Garchomp619

Jul 7, 2018
Hey, are there cheats to this game to increase a girls stats? I would really like to know because Im trying to get an arrival scene from one of the girls and its from THE beginning.

ironsmash

May 11, 2017
Got a strange bug I never came accross with Renpy games.

Game crashed on me while switching windows to go back to desktop.

Now it opens, but when I click on load or anything it freezes and do nothing more.

Tried erasing roaming renpy folder. Erased the game / recopied it, changed windows profile, tried new game without the saves... no success.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Got a strange bug I never came accross with Renpy games.

Game crashed on me while switching windows to go back to desktop.

Now it opens, but when I click on load or anything it freezes and do nothing more.

Tried erasing roaming renpy folder. Erased the game / recopied it, changed windows profile, tried new game without the saves... no success.
Hold on a minute while I scan your traceback report .... Oh wait you didn't include one and my Ouija Board is broken. Well it can't diving anything either. However, since I can read the changelogs and use the 'Search' function, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you have an incorrectly installed game. Chances are you have only installed 0.1.9.0 beta and have yet to install the separate bugfix/update 0.1.9.1 beta which must be installed after 0.1.9.0 and addressed some of the known issues.

If I'm wrong .... Well I already said I couldn't read your traceback report and my Ouija Board wasn't working.

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
I need help, this message appears every time I try to do anything in the starting menu

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 273, in script
python:
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 277, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
File "game/screens.rpy", line 792, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 801, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 484, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 537, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 537, in keywords
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1583, in set_resolution
Exception: Could not set video mode.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
python:
python:
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 277, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\game.py", line 332, in call_in_new_context
return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 801, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 537, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 537, in keywords
File "<screen language>", line 540, in <module>
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1583, in set_resolution
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3177, in set_physical_size
renpy.display.interface.set_mode(size)
File "C:\Users\cliente\Desktop\HolidayIsland-0.1.9.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in set_mode
raise Exception("Could not set video mode.")
Exception: Could not set video mode.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.1.9.0
Thu Feb 06 23:35:55 2020
Did you see the title of this thread?
Holiday Island [v0.1.9.1 Beta]

Did you see what it says at the bottom of your traceback?
Holiday Island 0.1.9.0

Did you see the differences?
And I don't mean the []

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Reading.png

Thank you Ramirez™ . Honestly I don't know why I bother to try and help. Specifically said that Inhuman Reactions! had not correctly installed the bugfix/update to 0.1.9.1. I will repeat myself one more time. 0.1.9.0 must be installed first and THEN 0.1.9.1 is a separate install. DO NOT try and download 0.1.9.1 and install it by itself. If for some reason you can't find it on the first page, go directly to the developer's Patreon page and download from those links.

Capture.PNG

Reactions: junior366
4.00 star(s) 210 Votes