Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I seem to be having some issues with this and previous versions. I'm not exactly sure where I should go to ask.

I have played the game well enough before - I think the last version I really played was 1.90. I left the game alone for a few months and decided to come back to it recently. I booted up the aforementioned version (1.90), and as far as I could tell all was going well. As it had been some time since I last played I decided to look into the Preferences as a refresher of what I could do, and I noticed an option to up the resolution considerably (something like 2000-900~) and I decided to try it out. Shortly after that my computer froze (repeatedly) and ended up shutting it's self down each time I tried to play.

I would go into the game and if I hit anything besides "New Game" it would freeze up and I'd need to restart. It also happened whenever I left-clicked while playing the game (making effectively impossible to play given I could no longer save or load).

I Re-installed the game (still version 1.90), but I might have messed up on moving some files around, as well (Namely my Save files). Around this point I started realizing I couldn't delete any files in the folder I had placed the game in, and that some programs (most notably Discord) were acting up as well, and I ended up needing to reinstall that from the ground up.

After this I set up version 2.00, but the same issues happened again (though thankfully with no corruption of other files this time).

I'm not exactly sure what's going on. I don't know code of any sort myself, so the error reports in the Traceback and Log are completely lost on me. Could someone lend me a hand in diagnosing and fixing this?
Download and read the Guide on the first page. It discusses the resolution issue and how to fix it.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
How does one get Amy as plane girl in v0.2.1.0? The choices described in the 0.2.1.0 guide lead to Aly as plane girl.
Are you sure you made the correct choices? Not doubting you, but if you follow the steps in Guide v.0.2.0.0, you get Aly, but following the choices and whom to pick as your first two girls as outlined in the Guide v.0.2.1.0, you get Amy.

kaixbi

Jan 28, 2019
Can we use it on android.
Companion mod for Holiday Island 0.2.x.x beta has been released

Hello everyone!

This is the new version of the companion mod for Holiday Island ver. 0.2.x.x beta.
The mod has been created by Niceerotica and myself.
The mod is a cheat tool for the main game Holiday Island.
Some of you might already know earlier versions of the mod. So here is a list of what the mod can do and of what's new.
  • the mod can always be used now, even in the middle of a scene or an event
  • it offers a variety of option to change attributes of the player (MC)
    - first name and last name can be changed
    - all effects (good or bad) can be added and removed with the click of a mouse. If an effect has several levels, clicking on the effect another time will increase the effect strength
    - all player attributes like strength, endurance, lust, etc. can be adjusted
  • it offers a lot of possibilities to change the stats of each girl too.
    - you can switch between outfits (use at your own risk during a scene, you might get crashes or missin g images).
    - room number, breast size, poker skill, almost anything can be made visible or adjusted
    - all the regular stats like affection, love, lust can be changed too
  • every non quest item you can buy or get through other means can be added to your inventory with the "inventory manager" of the mod
  • The hints section has been removed, as it is part of the main game now. Check the achievements app and use teh button "show hints"
How to "install" the mod:
On PC: Extract the content of the attached zip file into teh folder where you installed your Holiday Island main game.
On a Mac: Navigate further down in the folder where you installed your Holiday Island game, until you see a folder named game. Extract the content into this folder (not into the folder named game, but into the folder where you can see "game" as a folder).

View attachment 659823 View attachment 659824 View attachment 659825 View attachment 659826

milv80m

Jul 7, 2017
Are you sure you made the correct choices? Not doubting you, but if you follow the steps in Guide v.0.2.0.0, you get Aly, but following the choices and whom to pick as your first two girls as outlined in the Guide v.0.2.1.0, you get Amy.
Yep. Did it exactly as described (Huge breats, Voluptous(1st)/Athletic(2nd), Tall, No & No, Amy(1st)/Yvette(2nd), even Charm(1st)/Looks(2nd)). Got Aly every time. Tried a bit further and found out, that I needed to select "large breasts" instead of "huge breasts" to get Amy as plane girl.
Maybe it's more random than expected or there's a small error in the guide or my game is just behaving weirdly...

Reactions: Bantry

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
I don't understand anything about poker, is it possible to skip the mini-game?
If you want the achievements related to Poker, then no it is not possible to skip the mini game.
Many have given advice on how to succeed better in it, in this game at least, so won't mention those again, however reading up on the general poker rules might be a good idea, since you say you know nothing about it.

4 suits, or colors. If all 5 cards is the same suit (diamonds, clubs, hearts or spades) it's a decent hand
If 2 cards has the same number/face, it's a minor hand
3 cards of same a little better
4 cards the same, very strong
2 cards of same value + 3 cards of same value = Full House, strong hand.
5 cards in order value, ex. 2+3+4+5+6, is pretty good
5 cards in order value and same suit, is called a Flush and nearly unbeatable
Same suit of 10+Jack+Queen+King+Ace is a Royal Flush and the strongest hand possible

Basically it's probability game, the more rare a combination the stronger it is.

Google for official Poker rules to learn more, especially what the hands are "worth" against each other.

Reactions: fregonard

witteb

May 3, 2019
hi i have a problem when i tried to open preferences its shows this anyone can help me plz
For all of you that get crashes as soon as you click on preferences or load, please manually add an empty text file in the HI sub folder "game".
Name the file: "use_fixed_resolution_720.txt"

What it will do is the following:
It will remove the resolution options and also the auto window scaling. After you have applied the patch, you will also be able to manually scale the game window again (e.g. maximizing it).
can a modder put this in first post

Agungteguh27

Jun 4, 2017
I've already got Aly's private Jet Scene, but Amy's shoulf i play the game from the beginning to get it? petition for the next updates galery sex scenes not just pictures, but movements as well

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I've already got Aly's private Jet Scene, but Amy's shoulf i play the game from the beginning to get it? petition for the next updates galery sex scenes not just pictures, but movements as well
Aly and Amy are plane scenes are now permanent, you will get the achievement regardless of the save you use IF you unlocked the scenes previously.
In short, start a new game, make Amy your plane girl, unlock achievement then load your old save with Aly as plane girl.

darkslayer5

Special Kind of Hero
Donor
Compressor
Feb 14, 2020
Holiday Island [v0.2.1.0 Beta] [darkhound1] - Original Size: 1.37GB

Compressed version for PC (633MB): -
done by UnRen v0.8 (Sam@F95zone) & Cruncher v0.4.1 (bas@F95zone)

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game.

Last edited:

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I don't fully understand this upgrade:
Possibility to display an image on the phone during a scene/even has been added
Possibility to receive message and display them during a scene/even has been added

I tried to open the phone within a scene and was told I couldn't.
What am I doing wrong?

Reactions: Agungteguh27

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I don't fully understand this upgrade:
Possibility to display an image on the phone during a scene/even has been added
Possibility to receive message and display them during a scene/even has been added

I tried to open the phone within a scene and was told I couldn't.
What am I doing wrong?
As I understand it, it's a just a game mechanism, a behind the scene thing.
Heather second arrival use it I think. After the encounter and MC is back in his room, the phone pop-up with a pic of Heather.

Reactions: Puppet Master

rooney10

Apr 29, 2018
Another feat of genius from our HOF dev! So now that the eagerly-awaited update is out, please allow me to once again, apologize to darkhound1 in advance for the flood of jackassery and dumbshittery we are all soon to be subjected to on this thread. i would normally follow this up with something like "You know who you are", but let's be honest...they obviously don't. :LOL:

Reactions: DaveSchilling

BySorax231

Sep 9, 2017
So i found out that Alice strenght event is non-repeatable and i missed my session like 44 days ago so i cannot fix it anyway i have to start all over again or ?

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
So i found out that Alice strenght event is non-repeatable and i missed my session like 44 days ago so i cannot fix it anyway i have to start all over again or ?
I didn't tested the command, it may not work.

Open the console (shift+O) and type in :
alice.add.event_seen("Strength_training")
alice.add.event_seen("Strength_training_extras")

Reactions: brianiac

deadrabbit

Nov 16, 2017
I really like this game. I also come to every update hoping this is the one where the greater story starts to unfold. There seems to be a lot of focus from the women of the island on the MC's cum. fingers crossed for a pregnancy angle!

4.10 star(s) 213 Votes