Leafkiller

Sep 13, 2018
Its a fun game but I would like deeper mechanics. Like what?? Upgrade certain girls to GF or wife status, prego/baby and/or ending with a girl/s leaving the island(or maybe staying on the island becoming a manager).

ninjahedgehog

Oct 23, 2018
anyone know how to get to trigger Yvette's pink corsette scene? Trying to trigger it the second time but everytime I giver her the contest she takes me to the private restaurant instead. I think she says Jessica convinces her to do it so will it disable the scene if I send Jessica away?

Leon_Hughes11

Apr 10, 2019
Will someone please step by step walk me through how to apply the bug fix for the game not starting on a Mac? I'm not tech savvy. The instructions for the game fix say delete the persistent files in the "Saves" folder... well I have no earthly idea what a persistent file is or what it looks like and I've looked all through the various game folders and there is no "saves" folder. Help.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Will someone please step by step walk me through how to apply the bug fix for the game not starting on a Mac? I'm not tech savvy. The instructions for the game fix say delete the persistent files in the "Saves" folder... well I have no earthly idea what a persistent file is or what it looks like and I've looked all through the various game folders and there is no "saves" folder. Help.
Have you considered using the 'Search' function in the upper right of the screen? Persistent File Mac returns two pages of answers. Here's links to a couple.

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-4-5-0-darkhound1.3782/post-10005185

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-4-5-0-darkhound1.3782/post-7983494

Reactions: yankeeInKy

Leon_Hughes11

Apr 10, 2019
Have you considered using the 'Search' function in the upper right of the screen? Persistent File Mac returns two pages of answers. Here's links to a couple.

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-4-5-0-darkhound1.3782/post-10005185

https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-4-5-0-darkhound1.3782/post-7983494
I try every time but usually just get a bunch of posts that suggest I delete the persistent file; however, I haven't seen these two posts you suggested yet, so thank you!

ReanSchwarzerr

Jan 1, 2020
Last time I tried this game it felt like only one Li had a good amount of content to her. I believe her name was Jennifer (she's the one that met me on the plane). Is that still the case, it seems like a lot of content was added for others since I played last. Regardless, this is a great game keep up the great work dev!

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
how does mc get to fuck yumiko? i know she has to model but how to make that happen?
First. Gotta have the new room. You stroll into the Night Bar and see Jennifer and Yumiko talking about lingerie on the night Yumiko works. After a day or two hang out in your room afternoon or evening and they'll show up and model for you. You get laid by Yumiko. On another night Yumiko works. Ask her out on a date.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Last time I tried this game it felt like only one Li had a good amount of content to her. I believe her name was Jennifer (she's the one that met me on the plane). Is that still the case, it seems like a lot of content was added for others since I played last. Regardless, this is a great game keep up the great work dev!
Actually you probably had Amy as your plane girl. Yes, a lot of content has been added. I would suggest downloading and reading the Companion Guide. The most current one hasn't been posted yet, but the previous one will certainly get you started and provide a lot of useful information. It can be found linked on the first page of this thread.

Guide.jpg

bogeyparr

Donor
Oct 12, 2017
First. Gotta have the new room. You stroll into the Night Bar and see Jennifer and Yumiko talking about lingerie on the night Yumiko works. After a day or two hang out in your room afternoon or evening and they'll show up and model for you. You get laid by Yumiko. On another night Yumiko works. Ask her out on a date.
thanx a million.:p:p

Reactions: yankeeInKy

ReanSchwarzerr

Jan 1, 2020
Actually you probably had Amy as your plane girl. Yes, a lot of content has been added. I would suggest downloading and reading the Companion Guide. The most current one hasn't been posted yet, but the previous one will certainly get you started and provide a lot of useful information. It can be found linked on the first page of this thread.

View attachment 3775910
Thank you for the reply, yeah I think you're right about her being Amy. I'll check out the update and companion guide as you mentioned. Thanks again!

Reactions: Bantry

Shocker

Jun 2, 2017
Quick fixes for HI 0.4.5.0 until I release an update

Bug list:
  • At the beginning of a posing scene you get this error with a crash report: NameError: name 'l_who1' is not definied -> fixed with changes to "interactive_posing.rpyc"
  • During the pool posing scene with Fay you can get the following crash: NameError: name 'ffade' is not defined -> fixed with changes to "loc_pool_faye.rpyc"

How to apply a quick fix file?
Open the folder where you installed Holiday Islands. Then navigate down to the folder named "game".
Extract the files from the zip there and if asked, confirm to overwrite the file.

You will always get the latest quick fixes from this public post on my patreon
Thanks for the posing fix!

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
That isn't 100% true.

• Aly's event at the beach near the ocean where she shows the MC a picture of Jennifer has been re-rendered and new pictures have been added. Dialogue has been improved and the event is now repeatable. -> will be part of 0.4.5.0
Now, if you want to say Aly's 'new' content isn't what you might want it to be (i.e. sex with her) that would true. Yvette is also a unique girl and more of a fan favorite than Aly. Look how long it took for a chance to have sex with Yumiko. Good chance sex with Aly happen whenever the developer decides that is something he wants to include. Until then, one can only be patient.
as someone who followed this game from .01 I'm well aware of how this dev works. as a former supporter I'm also aware the dev doesnt seem to understand that he is now limited to only those who vote for the ones that got the most votes. everyone else got tired of being left out.

So 7 years of meager updates that amount nothin I lost my patience a long time ago

don't get wrong I like yumiko and yvette but eventually you would need to try to appeal to more people and not just the popular vote.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
as someone who followed this game from .01 I'm well aware of how this dev works. as a former supporter I'm also aware the dev doesnt seem to understand that he is now limited to only those who vote for the ones that got the most votes. everyone else got tired of being left out.

So 7 years of meager updates that amount nothin I lost my patience a long time ago

don't get wrong I like yumiko and yvette but eventually you would need to try to appeal to more people and not just the popular vote.
I cannot speak for the developer, however I believe he and others have pointed out before, Holiday Island started as a way to display his artwork outside of DeviantArt and to further his knowledge of coding. Taking that at face value, Holiday Island (unlike many games on this site and Patreon) was never intended as a means to make money. Just a guess on my part, but another reason you'll never find it on Steam. It was, and is a hobby, done in the developer's spare time. Just him, no one else. Which means, at least in my mind, he can do whatever he wants, since it is his game. Players just have to accept that some girls are more popular than others and even the developer has his favorites. People can decide whether they want to support him or not, same as whether they play/like the game. IT IS A FREE GAME.

musicudaisuki

Oct 28, 2021
Your Faye Fan Sign, I can't find it in this thread. Is it something exclusive?

4.10 star(s) 214 Votes