ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I keep getting invalid syntax when I enter call version_updates_0232() into the console.
Can you post a screenshot of this please?

EDIT - Actually, first things first: Did you need the additional 2 files in addition to the 2.3.1 patch? If you didn't, you probably don't have the 232 label (that's when DH started talking about it). Also, you don't need to do the update if you don't have other problems, so make sure you actually need to run the update.

Last edited:

ThatGuy_89

Jun 18, 2020
Can you post a screenshot of this please?

EDIT - Actually, first things first: Did you need the additional 2 files in addition to the 2.3.1 patch? If you didn't, you probably don't have the 232 label (that's when DH started talking about it). Also, you don't need to do the update if you don't have other problems, so make sure you actually need to run the update.
Well I was getting an error message during the Jessica Photoshoot and I've tried with and without the 2 files and I keep getting the same error message.

Reactions: frok33

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Is that a full version or a compressed version of the game? What platform, Windows, Mac, Android?

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I'm sorry if this was already asked but how do I enable 1440p?
I have the required monitor, but the only mention of 2560 x 1440p is from last year and the attached file no longer works

I also have no idea how manual config works, if that is even what I want
It's easy, use full screen mode. You can't play 2560x1440 window mode on a 2560x1440 monitor, since the window takes space too. It wouldn't fit.

Reactions: jaboney and Bantry

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Well I was getting an error message during the Jessica Photoshoot and I've tried with and without the 2 files and I keep getting the same error message.
There is a quick fix on my patreon page.
There won't be any additional quick fixes now, since there were too many bugs to stick with version 0.2.3.1 for several weeks/months.
I will release another update to 0.2.3.2 soon to fix the know bugs, but this time with no other fancy stuff that could create new bugs will be added. Almost alll of the stuff coming up now wasn't from 0.2.3.1, but was already in 0.2.3.0.
Bottom line - 0.2.3.1 was released too early, I should have waited a little longer.

You can expect 0.2.3.2 tomorrow. Depending on what I hear from the android users, there might also be a new full android version. I haven't decided it yet.

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
There is a quick fix on my patreon page.
There won't be any additional quick fixes now, since there were too many bugs to stick with version 0.2.3.1 for several weeks/months.
I will release another update to 0.2.3.2 soon to fix the know bugs, but this time with no other fancy stuff that could create new bugs will be added. Almost alll of the stuff coming up now wasn't from 0.2.3.1, but was already in 0.2.3.0.
Bottom line - 0.2.3.1 was released too early, I should have waited a little longer.

You can expect 0.2.3.2 tomorrow. Depending on what I hear from the android users, there might also be a new full android version. I haven't decided it yet.
So far Dark no Issues on my Android ...Again nice job :)

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
You realize this is not a fully animated game and this would require every woman to have multiple renders for every possible combination of physical change plus outfit?

Maybe if a AAA game dev was doing this and using a real yime 3D engine it would work, not like this however. Right now you get to 'tolerate' the woman the size/shape the dev envisioned.
You're completely right. As how it is with current hardware, you have the optiona for really good image quality using images and animations rendered in apps like daz studio, where one render (or one animation frame) takes between 3 minute and 30 minutes to complete, even with really fast hardware.
Or you get vastly inferior graphics with a real time 3D engine where the scene has to "rendered" at least 30 times per second. It looks like shit compared to daz studio renders made by people who know what they are doing.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
So far Dark no Issues on my Android ...Again nice job :)
Thanks, and basically you will also have on android:
  • Alice has lost two appointments in her achievements
  • If you do the Jessica denim photo shooting and you check all poses and all texts, you will get the error with 'what2' as well
The save update problem is extremely unlikely to a point, that I'd say it won't happen on android, since it only happens with very old saves where no android version existed yet.

Reactions: yankeeInKy

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
just a question please see below. I am trying to run PC version completely updated thru the emulator JoiPlay on an Android Samsung s6 tablet. In short after you see this message can the game be played in Ren py environment aka access to console in Android environment.
trackback message below.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000namespaces.rpy", line 9, in set
Exception: config.developer_show_all_exceptions is not a known configuration variable.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/storage/emulated/0/Download/HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc/game/options.rpyc", line 13, in script
��� mhHi�*p5,v�� �:�R�h�������������*���k) n�ʛ�b�(Uo�Mn�2���0��Vv+'��؆�d�fXm���
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2117, in execute
File "renpy/defaultstore.py", line 99, in __setattr__
Exception: config.developer_show_all_exceptions is not a known configuration variable.

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
just a question please see below. I am trying to run PC version completely updated thru the emulator JoiPlay on an Android Samsung s6 tablet. In short after you see this message can the game be played in Ren py environment aka access to console in Android environment.
trackback message below.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "/storage/emulated/0/Download/HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc/game/options.rpyc", line 13, in script
��� mhHi�*p5,v�� �:�R�h�������������*���k) n�ʛ�b�(Uo�Mn�2���0��Vv+'��؆�d�fXm���
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2117, in execute
File "renpy/defaultstore.py", line 99, in __setattr__
You are using a different (standard) renpy version. The one I use has some changes to it's base code to support handling some errors differently, that's why you get the errors

Reactions: yankeeInKy

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Ty ya sir I'll see if an add to the emulator matches your version. Many thanks.
It won't help, I have modified the renpy base code. What you can do is to remove the variable "developer_show_all_exceptions" from the options file.

EDIT: Use the one from the attached zip.
Nothing major is different. The main thing is that you will get a crash now when an image is missing instead of showing a black screen.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
I have the GUIDE, but I can't understand how to get this HEARTS and unlock scenes. How many times I have to repeat myself...
It seems you have to repeat your question many times...
So to try to help you more click on the spoiler below..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:)

Last edited:

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
How do I complete this quest?
As it says... You need to have at least 50 company favour and then you can buy the smart watch from the doctor.
If you do not know about company favour and how to get it... then I suggest you read the Companion Guide to help you.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 213 Votes