Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.3.0 beta - development news (updated 10th October 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.3.0 beta).
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.3.0 release.​
There will be another bug fix soon (0.2.3.2). For details see below change log.
The next main release is 0.3.0 beta which will be a new full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.3.0 to 0.3.0 has:
0 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders

New features and content
  • A new location, the underground lab and infirmary will be introduced with two new special characters --> still working on it
  • A new scene when the MC jogs at the beach and hurts himself will be added. It's a scene with Miriam that leads to the discovery of the underground lab --> still working on it
  • Alice will get an update for her strength training appointments. It will be made repeatable and all images will be re-rendered in 2560x1440 webp format --> still working on it
Minor improvements and changes
  • The date with Amy where you provide her with a sperm sample has been made repeatable --> will be part of 0.2.3.2
  • The date with Amy where she invites you to stay the night has been made repeatable --> will be part of 0.2.3.2
  • Requirements on the achievements (like hearts, etc.) will also be shown when the achievement has already been done. This makes more sense, since almost everything is repeatable --> will be part of 0.2.3.2
Bug fixes
  • attributeError: 'cl_message' object has no attribute 'image' during the save game update phase --> will be part of 0.2.3.2
  • Alice lost the achievements for the for the photo studio appointments --> will be part of 0.2.3.2
  • KeyError: u'what2' during Jessica's denim photo shooting --> will be part of 0.2.3.2

Is the update going to break save games?
0.2.2.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.2.3 beta --> same as for 0.2.2.1​

Estimated release dates:

0.2.3 beta --> available since 6th of October from this post:
0.3.0 beta --> No Idea Yet

Frank01

Feb 3, 2018
There is a quick fix on my patreon page.
There won't be any additional quick fixes now, since there were too many bugs to stick with version 0.2.3.1 for several weeks/months.
I will release another update to 0.2.3.2 soon to fix the know bugs, but this time with no other fancy stuff that could create new bugs will be added. Almost alll of the stuff coming up now wasn't from 0.2.3.1, but was already in 0.2.3.0.
Bottom line - 0.2.3.1 was released too early, I should have waited a little longer.

You can expect 0.2.3.2 tomorrow. Depending on what I hear from the android users, there might also be a new full android version. I haven't decided it yet.
Don't push yourself too hard. You're doing a fantastic job, and I think everyone would understand if you took an extra day or so to iron out everything.

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
any savegame of this new version ?
can someone please share a savegame for this new version ?
We don't share save games on this thread.
You can do a search and maybe you will be lucky and find one, but as I have said a few times recently no one has posted a new version save game.
**edit** unless for Bug fixing... so will be a faulty save game.

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
We don't share save games on this thread.
You can do a search and maybe you will be lucky and find one, but as I have said a few times recently no one has posted a new version save game.
Well, there will be some saves in this thread, usually as a data point with a bug report. But beware, as they are attached to a bug report there is a good chance they contain some problem.

Reactions: SiJa

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Banner_HI_FF_Logo.jpg

On an Island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual images or story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

Last edited:

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
Got everything except the Mercedes-in-the-gym stuff so far. Can't seem to trigger that.

The Brenda sex scene is one of the hottest in the entire game so far. WOW.

EDIT: LOL My usual accidental strategy works. Post that I cannot figure out how to trigger an event, and immediately get that event. Nice.

Last edited:

Selek

Aug 1, 2019
I agree, this is a great update!

Also, I just re-read the first thirty pages of the guide, which is really well-written, and I strongly recommend it to new players. Bantry - you should give yourself a "byline" at the start of the guide, because you don't give yourself enough credit as is. Your forum avatar appears toward the end of the document, but I hope you'd consider adding your name to the very beginning, because it's apparent a ton of work went into it.

Anyway, on re-reading the guide, I learned a couple things I didn't know -- in particular, why I might want to invite Faye to my island. So now I'm trying to figure out if I should ask a girl to leave so that I can invite Faye, and if so whom. I've always had the same 9 girls on my island: Amy, Yvette, Aly (my plane girl), Jessica, Heather, Brenda, Delizia, Eva, and Desire. Believe it or not, I haven't finished the Achievements for any of them, even though I've been playing for many months; what can I say, I like the slow burn, and I don't use spoilers. So I haven't even met any girls other than my first 9 and the special girls. I like it this way -- I always have more content to look forward to.

But now I'm wondering if I should excuse one of my nine girls and invite Faye, and if so whom to excuse? I'd hate to lose any of them, lol. I'm closest to finishing the achievements for Brenda and Delizia, so I guess they are likely candidates. Maybe I'll wait til I've finished the achievements for one of them.

On a separate note, I like making my own models in Daz, and I'd love to make some fan art for this game. But hair is what trips me up. I can generate pretty models with G8 and ZBrush, but my efforts to make my own hair have always been lacking, even using ZBrush's fiber hair or Daz's new strand-based hair. Yet I see fan art here that is pretty amazing. Any tips on how I can approximate the girls' hair for fan art? (Er, we are allowed to post fan art here, right?) Thanks.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Banner_HI_FF_Logo.jpg

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual images or story from the game )

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
View attachment 852926

(***disclaimer***)

Dang, I almost thought when all of the young ladies were gathered in their hot receptionist outfits, it was going to be an orgy to end all orgies, but hey, a guy can dream right?

4.10 star(s) 213 Votes