Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I think I'm too much of a newb to figure it out. I've been searching for the files listed in the fix to delete. I don't see them. Maybe because I have them saved on my SSD, which is not my OS drive? I don't know.
Activate "show hidden folders" on Windows Explorer.

Reactions: Medlc32

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Am I the only one that finds, after a while, the game stops loading? I've re-downloaded it multiple times, just to be able to play it. Why is that?
yeah.... it's not working for some reason. I've even did a delete and reinstall...
oh well....
Thanks for the suggestion.
The Game Fix suggestion is usually the initial response to any question about the game crashing or not loading. We need more information than you supplied in your first post. A Traceback would be helpful if you have one available. Barring that, what kind of system (Win, MAC, etc.) Fresh install or update of a previous version? Have you incorrectly messed around with unren.bat? The more info you can supply the better chance of getting an answer.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Let's try some of that Holiday Island lore I hear about.

Victory in defeat
I lost yet won, who am I?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Life cycle
I am the last, I am the first, who am I?
A question of numbers
Biggest Darkhound ever made?
Duckswim was here
Which 3 girls?
Matriarch
Did I ever render Yvette's mother?
Wut?

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
You put THAT kind of information out there and then NOT show the picture? That's just cruel and unusual punishment!!!
I suspect that is rather well deserved :p

Besides,

MILF Island would never had worked anyway.
Who'd ever play a game with busty girl's mothers?

Uninhibited bombshells in their forties
And Darkhound does not render threesomes

Wouldn't work :D

Grick Rimes

Mar 14, 2018
The Game Fix suggestion is usually the initial response to any question about the game crashing or not loading. We need more information than you supplied in your first post. A Traceback would be helpful if you have one available. Barring that, what kind of system (Win, MAC, etc.) Fresh install or update of a previous version? Have you incorrectly messed around with unren.bat? The more info you can supply the better chance of getting an answer.
Windows system.... i've done the DnR multiple times. and the game is not one i've used UNREN at all... I simply click on the EXE file and nothing happens. It's the only game that's acting like that. Every other game is fine. I've opened up games I haven't even played in months and downloaded a completely different game yesterday. All worked. I guess i'll just wait for the next update and hope it solves the issue. I only asked to see if anyone else was having similar issues as this. kind of weird that one day the game just wakes up one morning and all "yanno what? I'm done. no more play for you." LOL

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Windows system.... i've done the DnR multiple times. and the game is not one i've used UNREN at all... I simply click on the EXE file and nothing happens. It's the only game that's acting like that. Every other game is fine. I've opened up games I haven't even played in months and downloaded a completely different game yesterday. All worked. I guess i'll just wait for the next update and hope it solves the issue. I only asked to see if anyone else was having similar issues as this. kind of weird that one day the game just wakes up one morning and all "yanno what? I'm done. no more play for you." LOL
What you are describing still sounds like the Game Fix problem to me. Are you sure you removed both copies of the persistent file in the game\saves dir and the %appdata%\RenPy\Island-1499865023 dir?

Edit: waiting for the next update is likely not going to solve anything. Darkhound does not know what causes the problem, or he would have fixed it long ago.

Last edited:

Grick Rimes

Mar 14, 2018
What you are describing still sounds like the Game Fix problem to me. Are you sure you removed both copies of the persistent file in the game\saves dir and the %appdata%\RenPy\Island-1499865023 dir?

Edit: waiting for the next update is likely not going to solve anything. Darkhound does not know what causes the problem, or he would have fixed it long ago.
I did a search in the Holiday Island file folder, found 2 and deleted both, so yes I am sure. I appreciate you double checking though. Not being a dink here. Honestly, computer technology passed me by a while back. LOL

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I did a search in the Holiday Island file folder, found 2 and deleted both, so yes I am sure. I appreciate you double checking though. Not being a dink here. Honestly, computer technology passed me by a while back. LOL
The second location is somewhere entirely else than the game folder.
RenPy has a central save location under your user on your pc.

Delete the persistent file in the C: user/<your windows username>/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023 location.
There is 99,99% chance it works, there are no other known examples or scenarios where the game suddenly stops working.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Probably grasping at straws at this point, but there are also two EXE files (the ones with Yvette's smiling face). One is for 64 bit systems and one is for 32 bit systems. Have you tried them both?

satoshi bae

Tʜᴇ Cʏʙᴇʀ Sᴀᴍᴜʀᴀɪ
Donor
Compressor
Jul 16, 2018

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Thaks for the information Duck, but there is any plans to introduce her to the game? cus damn she is fine... Good job btw!
Thanks,

There are no plans to add her to the actual game part.
Darkhound is heavy loaded as is.

The thing is,

The sheer number of the 2017 launch girls (+Natasha in 2018), combined with the old design's heavy use of content, lead to an enourmous content demand. In fact, the old resort loop still continue to consume a lot here 5 years and 10.000+ renders later.

The redesign from last year will move the game beyond most of that as time passes.

What Darkhound wants to do as the old eases up is unknown. It could be deeper into lab, go off the resort and explore the island or its waters, introduce a group of girls he likes and enjoys to work with, or something entirely else, all possible.

Note. My personal take on it, Darkhound will do as he chooses.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes