Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I tried but I got the Joy pics both times. Maybe I'll talk to Yumiko at the bar. Also, I didn't know I was running 1.5.0 instead of 1.5.1, which may have broken the game when I updated.

wolverine73

Jun 4, 2018
I have a few issues with update 0.1.4

1. what are the picture frames for? i read on here somewhere they can display photos of the girls using an app on the phone. all i have is black backgrounds with white sillouhettes and no app.

2. why is there still hardly any content for Renee?

3. Beating most of the girls at poker still ends with"return for future favour" is that going to change?

4. I've done the clothes presentation with both Jenny and Aly several times but they still end with no action, is this intentional at the moment?

Great game though btw :)

thanks

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I have a few issues with update 0.1.4

1. what are the picture frames for? i read on here somewhere they can display photos of the girls using an app on the phone. all i have is black backgrounds with white sillouhettes and no app.

2. why is there still hardly any content for Renee?

3. Beating most of the girls at poker still ends with"return for future favour" is that going to change?

4. I've done the clothes presentation with both Jenny and Aly several times but they still end with no action, is this intentional at the moment?

Great game though btw :)

thanks
0.1.4 ? Did you miss type as we are now up to 0.1.5.1. Anyway, I'll try and answer your questions.

1. The frames in the new rooms can be filled via your phone. Bring up one of the sexting pics for example and you'll see an option to save it to a frame.

2. For whatever reason, Renee does not do well in the polls. She has had some new content added like Hot Shots, but unless you're playing 0.1.5.1 you won't see it.

3. Some poker rewards have been added for a few girls, but whether that's true for you favorite I can't say. The poker rewards will be added over time, but other things are higher on the list of priorities.

4. Nope no sexual actions or rewards after the clothing presentation(s).

I would suggest you download and update your game to 0.1.5.1 if you haven't already done so. Then go to the first page and download the Guide. It is up to date through 0.1.4.

Reactions: junior366

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Can anyone tell me what the problem I've encountered is from these screen shots? I'm helping Ivy with her exercise and get to the end where she asks me to set the bar down. Then the next click brings me the error screen. I don't even get the option to ignore it. All I can do is rollback.

Screenshot (3).png
Screenshot (4).png

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Can anyone tell me what the problem I've encountered is from these screen shots? I'm helping Ivy with her exercise and get to the end where she asks me to set the bar down. Then the next click brings me the error screen. I don't even get the option to ignore it. All I can do is rollback.

View attachment 275257
View attachment 275259
Second to last line of your error report Holiday Island 0.1.5.0

Correct version is Holiday Island 0.1.5.1

Download and install the latest update/bugfix found on the first page or from the developer's Patreon page.

junior366

Jun 20, 2017

View attachment 275257
View attachment 275259
Looks like you are still running 0.1.5.0, update to 0.1.5.1.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I had trouble updating to 1.5.1. I used unren, which I think caused the update to fail. I started over, updated, then used unren, and it was fine.
Here's my latest FAQ. If you notice any mistakes or need something added, let me know.
Spoilers!

jikorde

Mar 4, 2018
how do i invite anyone to the new fancy room? Also my phone doesnt have the new 9th icon. How do I get that?
1. You can't, not yet anyway.
2. Trigger Yumiko's backstory talk a few times. On the second one she should offer a new game where you guess who's who.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.6 beta - development news (updated 05/04/2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.6 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.

There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.5.0 release.

0.1.5.2 beta will need 0.1.5 base files and it will include everything from 0.1.5.1 beta with all content addons and bug fixes.

The next release is 0.1.5.2 beta which will be an incremental update!
It includes some bug fixes and new content!

The update from 0.1.5.0 to 0.1.6 has 184 new renders and videos right now!

New features and content

• The game will get more than 20 background music and sound (sfx) files --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta (still working on it)
  • Yvette in the private restaurant with Yumiko as the waitress. The appointment involves a clothes selection scene as well --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta (still working on it)
  • Yvette will get the images to play "Hot Shots" with her, including a "hot scene" --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta (still working on it)
  • Faye gets an extended pull ups scene in webp format with a video and three different endings --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta (still working on it)
  • Amy's pool pose scene will be updated and will get more renders and text. In addition, the scene will be in webp format at least 1920x1080 for all images. The achievements will also be updated to multi image format. --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
  • Aly gets a quest for her fourth evening clothes, which she can use in the bar and to play “Hot Shots” --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
  • Aly will get the images to play "Hot Shots" with her, including a "hot scene" --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
  • Groping has been added to the "special" achievements. Also updating the special images will no longer reset them (like with the 0.1.5.1 update) --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
Minor improvements and changes

• Amy gets a new dream image from the pool pose scene --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
  • During the poker game entrance, the girl will be offered to call the mc by his first name, which she accepts --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
  • Yumiko will be at the night bar on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday (it's an additional day - Friday, compared to older releases) --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
  • Jennifer's gym scene achievements have been changed to multi image format --> will be part of 0.1.5.2 beta
Bug fixes

• Faye's dress color when sitting in the restaurant has been fixed --> will be fixed with 0.1.5.2 beta
  • Fixed another bug in the nightbar last call scene. "NameError: name 'char1' is not defined" --> will be fixed with 0.1.5.2 beta
  • Fixed a bug in the nightbar last call scene. Could lead to strange crashes image not found from a different girl that had nothing to do with the scene --> will be fixed with 0.1.5.2 beta
  • In the "guess who" minigame the following error can occur: IOError: Couldn't find file 'appointments/Amy/Amy_dinner9_face.jpg' --> will be fixed with 0.1.5.2 beta
  • ScriptError: could not find label 'dinner_event_end' --> Accidentially an old file got into the update to 0.1.5.1. Sorry for that. You can download the quick fix file "appointments.rpyc" attached to this post to get rid of the error --> will be fixed with 0.1.5.2 beta
Is the update going to break save games?:
0.1.5.2 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:
0.1.5.2 beta -->
no idea yet

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Yvette_dinner_story25.jpg

Young Yvette at the pool party (0.1.5.2 preview)

Hello everyone!

This is a preview of Yvette's story about her youth, which she tells you at a romantic dinner.
The story has 25 renders so far and is still growing :)
Without the new PC hardware these scenes wouldn't have been possible. Even with all the new fancy stuff the night images with water and multiple characters take more than 1/2 an hour to render for each one.

Before you start spamming the thread with question about a release date. I don't know yet.
I had a lot of work to do at my regular job and with spring coming, I had to do some gardening work and other stuff too. So I didn't have a lot of time to work on the game.

I hope you enjoy the view!
Darkhound

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
If Yumiko has stopped playing Guess Who with you, and you've talked to her at the bar and can't get her to start again, try typing this into the console:
call create_minigame_picture_pool

Thanks to Wilson NE for the assist!

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
The other thread [general discussion and information] has been closed:
https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-...ns-and-information.24242/page-14#post-1772267
I've already complained, but I guess there is another rule that forbids a second thread or whatever, although there are a ton of games that have several threads open.
Yeah, I saw that. Kind of a bummer as there were some good ideas generated amongst the discussions. Oh well that could happen here if people weren't so lazy and did a search and/or downloaded the Guide prior to asking the same questions over and over again.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-...ns-and-information.24242/page-14#post-1772267
I've already complained, but I guess there is another rule that forbids a second thread or whatever, although there are a ton of games that have several threads open.
Well, Bossapplesauce seems to have made more than one mistake lately. Maybe it have something to do with becoming a bas(s). Fish stink, fruit jam have scent...

Reactions: bas and junior366

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
This was discussed among the moderation team before the thread was closed. Games that have additional threads are for a very specific topic that doesn't belong on the main game thread, such as a fan-art thread, or a play-through/walk-through questions thread (which I'm personally against). I know there's still a few other games with multiple threads floating around from when games in "Popular Games" each had their own sub-forum, but that *should* be it.

Please let me know if I'm missing something, as we're not perfect (myself least of all).

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
This was discussed among the moderation team before the thread was closed. Games that have additional threads are for a very specific topic that doesn't belong on the main game thread, such as a fan-art thread, or a play-through/walk-through questions thread (which I'm personally against). I know there's still a few other games with multiple threads floating around from when games in "Popular Games" each had their own sub-forum, but that *should* be it.

Please let me know if I'm missing something, as we're not perfect (myself least of all).
First of all thanks for trying to provide an explanation.
I'm certainly not searching for other games that have multiple threads open asking you to close them or ask for an explanation why thread ... wasn't closed as well.
This thread has 452 pages by now. So let me just quote a part of the OP of the closed thread.
What is the the purpose of this thread?
To avoid making the main game thread even more unreadable as it already is. I've created this thread to direct some of the discussions going on in the main thread over here.

What types of discussion/content should be posted in this new thread?
  • Discussions about future game content or future game mechanics
  • Images/screenshots from your game (e.g. from your new player room)
  • Discussions on game assets, fan art or other stuff like that
What type of content should NOT be posted here (and should bve posted in the main thread instead)?
  • Reports of bugs in the game or other technical issues (e.g. problems downloading or installing the game, ...)
  • Specific questions on existing game scenes (e.g. how do I get event xxx with character yyy)
  • Questions on using cheats and mods
I think it served a purpose and wasn't just a double and making things more complicated and confusing. But that's just my opinion.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
First of all thanks for trying to provide an explanation.
I'm certainly not searching for other games that have multiple threads open asking you to close them or ask for an explanation why thread ... wasn't closed as well.
This thread has 452 pages by now. So let me just quote a part of the OP of the closed thread.

I think it served a purpose and wasn't just a double and making things more complicated and confusing. But that's just my opinion.
Yes, I read the OP. Not saying it didn't serve a purpose, but with the exception of fan art, what you outlined as the topics of the secondary thread are what is discussed in every other game thread on the forum - including those with a thousand pages or more.

The current structure of the forum is such that if you find the game thread, you can get all the info you need about that specific game. If we allowed a separate thread for future content of your game, it would set a precedent and we'd have to let everyone do it, and not just game devs since for many games the dev isn't active on the forum. I'd hope you can see how that could quickly get out of hand; "bas' Holiday Island game tips thread", "klx's Holiday Island FAQ", or "no, there's a new bug report thread after update v0.4c, you're using the old thread". Not kidding even a little, I've seen forums like this.

Every thread has people who refuse to use the search, asking the same questions that have already been answered over and over. Every thread has people asking when the next update is when it's literally the post above theirs, and asking for saves, walk-throughs, and the Android version. If we had a good solution to manage this, we'd implement it. And no, mass banning isn't an option, appealing as it sometimes is...

TL;DR - we can't do it because it would create bigger problems than those it solves. Sorry.

4.00 star(s) 216 Votes