darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Also, there should be a cooldown for playing poker with a girl, sort of like with Hotshots. If you play strip poker with a girl, then ask her to play again the same night, she should decline the offer, saying: "We just played poker a little while ago. Ask me again tomorrow." Also, she should decline to play poker with you if she's angry with, "I'm not doing that, I'm still mad at you!" Of course, you should still be able to play poker with other girls om the same night, just not more than one game with the same girl in one night.
I've added the cooldown. It's two days break now. It was already in place, but not completely implemented.
I didn't add anger, because right now it's not really used anywhere. If I start with it, I do it as a general change.
But I've added affection requirements instead.

Reactions: Puppet Master

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I also posted on DH patreon page.

darkhound1, I checked the memory usage while playing (with HWmonitor) and it seems that is the graphic card memory that is over used. I have a 2Go GC and at the end of the day (in game ), it can be at 90% usage if I played hotshots, toyed with the room wallpaper and such. Note that now I rarely crash because of the mem purge but the leak remains. I think you never have been able to reproduce it because of your high video memory.
There is not much I can do about it (except call renpy.free_memory() more often). It's a problem between Renpy, Python and the high resolution webp images I'm using now.

I've added the free memory in several spots now as well:
  • when you put your phone away
  • when an interactive sex scene starts
  • when an interactive sex scene ends
  • when a multi frame animation ends
  • when you put away the binoculars
If necessary I could do it for each scene that starts. But this will require adding it in a lot of places, which I would like to avoid.

BDub52

Oct 23, 2018
Hello all. I've been playing about a year, and keeping up with the thread. I am on day 159 and have not gotten a phone message from Joy to play poker. I know it is a random event, but I must have missed a trigger. I've seen her for the Jennifer transformation story, but have never got an invite. What did I mess up?

Also, any kind of additional Joy play is appreciated in advance!! :p

rewyn

Nov 6, 2017
mac version crashes upon opening. Is there a fix somewhere in previous messages? How do I fix this? Haven't played since 0.0.5 alpha, but that one worked fine

Here is the traceback:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 198, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 442, in script
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 198, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 442, in script
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 442, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 359, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 384, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/window_icon.png'.

Last edited:

steelraw123

Apr 12, 2019
i try downloading and rerun the game but my save data is still there. anyone know where the save data is? i also tried to delete the "save" file in the game it just didn't work for me. i wish to restart the whole game clean how do i do that?

Loq

Jun 13, 2017
anyone else have a bug whenever a new girl comes to the island an that causes the scene not to be shown in the phone?

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
A weird bug: I gave Renee a gift of large sweets at the pool, and the manikin figure showed up.
When She hugged me, the real Renee reappeared. I know I've given Renee a gift before without that scary manikin appearing.
It may be getting the image formats confused.
I've included a screen cap.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
A weird bug: I gave Renee a gift of large sweets at the pool, and the manikin figure showed up.
When She hugged me, the real Renee reappeared. I know I've given Renee a gift before without that scary manikin appearing.
It may be getting the image formats confused.
I've included a screen cap.
It is a typo in the image name. Rename : /images/Rename Renée_swim3_present => /images/Renée_swim2_present

And since we are touching on the gift interface and funny things which are not supposed to happen in it.

- Gift interface bug/feature/funny
(darkhound1 this one is for your consideration. Has easter egg potential.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
- Easter egg suggestion
You can also click the reception bell as that is a clickable object.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Even if the other loopholes are closed, leaving the reception bell an option would make for a funny easter egg

ex. with Ivy after having annoyed her enough to smash the first one :D - could be a render or two were she gets even, say by smothering the player in her boobs (Yumiko hotshots style) for fun (instead of crushing the gifted bell)

Edit : Attached correctly named present image. People can put it in their game\images\characters\Renée\ folder if they want.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
WooHoo, made it! Meaning when I had computer problems and had to replace the cpu with a new one and install some other new components, I was able to do so and do a clean install of Win 10 1809 and restore almost all my data. I say almost, as I did inadvertently lose some stuff. Nothing really critical unless you count the folder that had all the Holiday Island stuff, like previous versions, saves, sigs I had created, the Guide, etc. I did have a backup of version 0.1.7.2 and corresponding saves elsewhere, so not a total loss. Bring on 0.1.8.0.

Kingvlad

Active Member woow
Mar 21, 2018
Yvette_pool_with_amy.jpg

Hello everyone!

I will be away on holidays for two weeks and there won't be new updates during that time.

Yvette and Amy extend her best summer wishes.
I was hoping to finish 0.1.8 before my holidays, but like most of the time, I packed too many things into it. Long story short, the next release is not yet ready. I will continue working on it after my holiday break.
Happy holidays to each and every one of you!

Darkhound

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes