junior366

Jun 20, 2017
Usually when I do drink it's Michelob Light Ultra or Budweiser Select 55, low carb beers.....less sugar! But my favorite is Modella Negra, but any dark beer is fine, I quit messing with liquor in my early 20's, something about blackout drunks!

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Usually when I do drink it's Michelob Light Ultra or Budweiser Select 55, low carb beers.....less sugar! But my favorite is Modella Negra, but any dark beer is fine, I quit messing with liquor in my early 20's, something about blackout drunks!
I know the feeling. I do love my Jim Beam and Diet Ginger ale. Beer I do Rolling Rock, good to cook with too when I steam shrimp.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I know the feeling. I do love my Jim Beam and Diet Ginger ale. Beer I do Rolling Rock, good to cook with too when I steam shrimp.
I thought you originated in Maryland, not Pennsylvania... If you're going to drink a PA export, try Yuengling.

Jack Daniel's, no wash, no ice (why dilute it?). With a Bourbon Ale chaser.

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
I thought you originated in Maryland, not Pennsylvania... If you're going to drink a PA export, try Yuengling.

Jack Daniel's, no wash, no ice (why dilute it?). With a Bourbon Ale chaser.
Rolling Rock no heavy beer hang over. I'm still shocked I can get Old Bay seasoning here in KY.

Last edited:

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017

Rolling Rock no heavy beer hang over. I'm still shocked I can get Old Bay seasoning here in KY.
I must be really lucky then. I blasted a 12 of Yuengling last night (7 month anniversary of WFH, and have basically had it), and didn't feel a thing in the morning. And trust me, I've been 20 more than twice :)

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I used to live in PA years ago and can verify that Yuengling is good stuff! Just to up the ante, they are now producing their seasonal beer.

Yuengling.jpg

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
While I don't believe in putting up holiday decorations early, since we are in October, nothing wrong with posting Halloween jokes.

What do you call a haunted pair of breasts?

BoOoOoOoOobs!

Skeleton.gif

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: junior366 and SiJa

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
"still working on it" doesn't decrease.
Whether a task is 1% or 99% complete it will read "still working on it"
Only at 100% will it change.

If there only was one task in a release, the entire release would read "still working on it" until the day before it was released. So to view underlying progress it is the count that matters,

25 september : 336 additional renders, videos or sound files
1 october : 370 additional renders, videos or sound files

So Darkhound added an average 5-7 units a day.

Which, as all who have tried to render or draw something that needs to be of game quality will know, is very fast.

So the remaining tasks are getting a lot of content, which makes it likely they are good events.
Good news for all players & lucky us. ;)

Last edited:

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018

On an Island somewhere in the Pacific...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual images or story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Banner_HI_FF_Logo.png

On an Island Somewhere in the Pacific ...

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual images or story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: junior366 and SiJa

junior366

Jun 20, 2017

A disruption would be playing something that truly drives me up the proverbial wall, trippy prog stuff, while not my favorite, I will listen to Rush and Yes. "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins is one of those things that drive me plum frickin' nuts!

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
A disruption would be playing something that truly drives me up the proverbial wall, trippy prog stuff, while not my favorite, I will listen to Rush and Yes. "Footloose" by Kenny Loggins is one of those things that drive me plum frickin' nuts!
That Album by Elder they started getting all experimental. their lastest Omens, eh their being a band that wants to expand Boooo lol. Now this album by them Lore is their masterpiece although they tend to play Loooong songs but guitar work is killer.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: SiJa and junior366

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018

(***disclaimer***)
( This is a copy of a post from
DARKHOUND on
)
(Do not feel it necessary to like this post here. Please go to the original
post)
(Make a Patreon account if you do not have one, it's free)
(This is a fully open post you do not need to be a Paid Supporter, and like the original post)

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.2.3 beta - development news (updated 03. October 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.3 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.2.0 release.​
The next release is 0.2.3 beta which will be a new full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.2.0 to 0.2.3 has:
441 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders

New features and content
  • A new location, the underground lab and infirmary will be introduced with two new special characters --> will be postponed to version 0.3.0
  • A new scene when the MC jogs at the beach and hurts himself will be added. It's a scene with Miriam that leads to the discovery of the underground lab --> will be postponed to version 0.3.0
  • Brenda gets an appointment in the new player room --> still working on it
  • Jessica gets an extended pole dance scene in the new player room with two achievements --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Mercedes gets an event where she works out at night as part of her quest line. This one is huge, with 5 animations and 2 achievements --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Alice gets a new beach pose scene that is kind of a follow up on the binocular event at the beach --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Alice's event where she jogs at the beach gets an update. The event has been completely remade with new webp images, text, flow logic and real use of binoculars --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Brenda gets her pool pose scene with 2 achievements --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Brenda gets an extended pool sunbed scene --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Heather gets an extended event with 3 achievements where she visit your room asking for sun lotion --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Renée gets an extended pool play scene with 3 achievements --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Mercedes will be overlooking the pool during the day and you can talk and interact with her (a long scene with 3 achievements) --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Yvette gets an additional arrival scene when she has been the plane girl --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Yvette can be the plane girl and she gets an extended scene on the plane --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • An intro quest line with 19 steps has been added, that will trigger when you arrive on the island. It will teach new players some of the game mechanics --> will be part of 0.2.3
Minor improvements and changes
  • Additional music has been added --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Some achievements have been changed to multi image format --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • A lot of language corrections have been done. Typos, grammar, structure of sentences --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Textbox transparency has been changed to textbox opacity and logic has been inversed. The new variable is now stored as persistent data --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • A new gift for the girls (rose smell perfume) has been added --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Alice's beach walk and her old beach pose images have been upgraded to 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Alice's and Jessica's denim photo shootings have been made repeatable. Visit them in their rooms and ask to meet with them --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • The way the achievements previews and the "guess who" previews are displayed has been changed to improve performance --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Joy gets three new sexting images and all her existing ones get updated to webp format --> still working on it
  • The probability for short events in the player room have been lowered. The more often you have seen them, the lower the probability to get them again --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • In case you miss an appointment, the girl you stood up will get angry and send you a text. Next time you talk with her, she will also complain about it --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • The save and load slots will get numbers on them for easier navigation --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • The initial girl selection process has been newly coded from scratch. This includes the selection of the plane girl and the initial island population. As a result, this should make the general experience of the first couple of in game days much better. Especially if you mainly selected low tier girls. --> will be part of 0.2.3
Bug fixes
  • A minor bug that showed the reception job also for the special girls has been corrected. Now their real jobs are shown instead --> will be fixed with 0.2.3
  • When you have no sun lotion, Faye's sun lotion scene at the pool will crash with: 'cl_character' object has no attribute 'swimwear' --> will be fixed with 0.2.3

Is the update going to break save games?

0.2.2.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.2.3 beta --> same as for 0.2.2.1​

Estimated release dates:

0.2.3 beta --> no idea yet

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes