zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Here's a novel idea; Just Play the Game Straight Up Without Mods or Cheats!

The latest version, 0.2.3.0 has approximately 14 hours of game play, give or take, to experience everything and accomplish every achievement. Theoretically, you could start first thing in the morning and finish before bedtime and that includes bathroom breaks. Pace yourself to an hour in the morning and another hour at night and you're finished in a week or less.

We're in the middle of a pandemic, so there is a very good chance you have some extra time on your hands.
I can just second this from the bottom of my heart. I have always played without any cheats and any mods, and the game just works (tm). In the few cases there was a problem Darkhound responded and solved it. Fast.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Aren't Amy's stats protected anyway last time I played you couldn't mess with hers you had to do the quests or Is that changed in the newest version
If using the mod, YES... they are protected :)
Actually, they are protected whether you use the mod or the console cheat codes. They can only be modified after you have completed all her quests and maxed out her stats.

Kiskocya

Dec 2, 2019
The ability to customise your favourite girl would be amazing...
Breast size, Height, Waist, Eye colour, Hair colour, Hair style, Nose size, Country of origin etc...

But would make the game at least 5 times larger than it is now, require a huge amount of work, and would cost a lot.
Maybe... technology in 5 or 6 years time will make it possible to do this :unsure:
Humm ... I'm pretty sure that today's computers are able to handle such a customisation. OK, maybe not in real time, but that's not the issue.
No, the limiting factor is darkhound1 himself: there's only one of him.

Wait! Are you saying that Joy is already working on cloning Darkhound ? :unsure: And it'll be ready in 5 to 6 years ?
So that's what the new lab is for! Makes total sense, now. :giggle:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Banner_HI_FF_Logo.jpg

On an Island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual images or story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

Last edited:

Redburn

Oct 27, 2017
It would be Mercedes new scene in the Gym ;)
You need to complete Mercedes at the pool scenes first to progress onto the Gym scene.
Have a look on your phone for these, and hints on how to get them.
I don't know about anyone else but i have progressed the quest to where it tells me to go to the gym at night after talkling to her at the pool and it's been two weeks and I still haven't caught her at the Gym.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I don't know about anyone else but i have progressed the quest to where it tells me to go to the gym at night after talkling to her at the pool and it's been two weeks and I still haven't caught her at the Gym.
Have you tried going after she gets off work when the night bar closes?

Redburn

Oct 27, 2017
Have you tried going after she gets off work when the night bar closes?
yep, i've watched the watch's info and she jumps straight from the night bar to her room, i've backed it up went to the gym and waited and still no show, I've also went to the gym ahead of time and waited. i think i've exhausted every combo I can think off.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
yep, i've watched the watch's info and she jumps straight from the night bar to her room, i've backed it up went to the gym and waited and still no show, I've also went to the gym ahead of time and waited. i think i've exhausted every combo I can think off.
I'm assuming you completed all 3 of the achievements for her in at the pool. Check your task list. Sounds like you haven't finished everything for Miriam's and Mercedes' strength.

Redburn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm assuming you completed all 3 of the achievements for her in at the pool. Check your task list. Sounds like you haven't finished everything for Miriam's and Mercedes' strength.
Nope all pool scenes have been unlocked only two that i have for her that are not are the Gym scenes. i think her sister might be the lynch pin, said i have to progress with both of them but I haven't checked on Miriam yet for this update

Reactions: Bantry

Redburn

Oct 27, 2017
Nope all pool scenes have been unlocked only two that i have for her that are not are the Gym scenes. i think her sister might be the lynch pin, said i have to progress with both of them but I haven't checked on Miriam yet for this update
Not it sister checks out no surprises there, i just might have a glitched save because i notice she is at the pool every single day no off day?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Not it sister checks out no surprises there, i just might have a glitched save because i notice she is at the pool every single day no off day?
Nope, no days off. You might try re-playing everything with both girls. By that I mean talking with them at every location and selecting all choices. You may have missed one by accident.

Reactions: Redburn

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
Nope, no days off. You might try re-playing everything with both girls. By that I mean talking with them at every location and selecting all choices. You may have missed one by accident.
I'm working on it myself and I don't think I have her love stat high enough yet.

Reactions: Bantry

9phil9

Jun 28, 2018
is there a fix for the second picture frame crashing the game yet.
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
error: subsurface rectangle outside surface area.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpyc", line 329, in script
�F|F
File "game/script.rpyc", line 329, in script
�F|F
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1259, in load
surf = cache.get(self.image)
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\ThePhil\Desktop\Holiday 2.3.0\HolidayIsland-0.2.3.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 1008, in load
self.w, self.h))
File "src/pygame_sdl2/surface.pyx", line 616, in pygame_sdl2.surface.Surface.subsurface
error: subsurface rectangle outside surface area.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Holiday Island 0.2.3.0
Thu Oct 08 19:41:37 2020

9phil9

Jun 28, 2018
Can I ask are you getting a crash from the picture frames in the players room?
Is it you are adding the second frame and getting a crash?

You can post your bug report here, use the Attach file.
Or if copy/paste... please use a spoiler to put it in as they are large amounts of text (3 dots icon, insert, spoiler)
Has anyone fixed the game from crashing when you try to activate the second frame?

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes