SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Did you tweak the design? I think she's looking better... Keep up the good work!
She has had some tweaks and development... by me... not Aunty Joy :ROFLMAO:
Getting closer to matching now.
:)

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I'll have to disagree about your interpretation of the Discussion/Review sections (and yes I have already posted a review of the game, even if a short one!), mainly because I think that a good critique needs some back and forth. Reviews are a useful and important tool, but they offer no interaction. But then again, we know what the risks of poor interactions are, or we wouldn't be having this discussion...
Not disagreeing with you, but my question is, what is the purpose of the back and forth discussing a critique/review? For example, let's say the critique is along the lines of, 'Great game, but the girls all have oversized boobs, there should be anal sex and a definitive goal'. A critique, yes, but IMO, it sounds more like an opinion of what the poster thinks will improve the game to suit his/her tastes. I'm almost 100% certain, within the 1,000+ pages of this game's discussion, there isn't an existing post from the developer soliciting what specific change(s), kink, addition/subtraction of elements, etc. should occur. So, is the post an actual critique or just an expression of personal opinion? Rightfully so IMO, polls and requests for input can be found on the developer's Patreon page.

Last edited:

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018

On an island somewhere in the Pacific...

Closing Time...

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

• Love
Reactions: junior366

apple8000

Oct 9, 2017
Ascetic haha no hate taken! you make some good points.

You're right, i was being flippant, and i hope that doesn't suggest that i don't seriously value this game (probably my favourite on here). Looking at other examples on the site, it would be so easy for the story to drift into dark/gritty/power fantasy territory, but the writing has kept everything chill, light, goofy - and that's a great atmosphere for a fun sex game to have. I can chill out, switch off and enjoy the aforementioned booba.

And like, the character work is obviously pretty light, but it works. I have an idea of the kind of people Amy, Yvette, Jessica and a good few others are, and that makes their scenes so much more enjoyable.

Anyway, 5/5, "a tour de force" - roger ebert, 2021

Reactions: Ascetic

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
Thank you ZenGarden , Bantry and Ramirez™ for the replies.

I can totally see where the frustration comes from, and as Bantry said, one of the reason why I can be so "cool" about it is probably because, after all, I don't hang out all that much on the forums in general.
I will point out though that even if Holiday Island is in my top 5 f95zone games, it is not my ABSOLUTE favourite (my signature is not there for nothing :geek: ), and yet this thread is by far the one that I read more regularly, and the reason is precisely because at the end of the day it is not aaaaaall that snarky. :)

One last observation about the baffling laziness ("Can't they even read 4 posts above??") and lack of etiquette of new posters: I come from quite a long experience of forum communities in my past (mostly music and RPG ones) where I've sometimes been a borderline obsessive poster, and I can tell you that the more a topic is popular and followed, the more trolling will be not only unavoidable but constantly growing. Without hard moderation, "don't feed the trolls" is the only thing that I've seen working: not much in terms of having less trolls in the future, but rather in terms of having a "cleaner" stream of messages.

P.S. for Bantry : I'll have to disagree about your interpretation of the Discussion/Review sections (and yes I have already posted a review of the game, even if a short one!), mainly because I think that a good critique needs some back and forth. Reviews are a useful and important tool, but they offer no interaction. But then again, we know what the risks of poor interactions are, or we wouldn't be having this discussion...
I have been on the BADIK and the mod thread last week.
It was incredible. In 5 pages the same questions were asked at least 10-15 times after the update.
Those were not all trolls. Just lazy people.
"I'm stuck, help." While waiting for half an hour, read 2 pages back and you have your answer.

I am more concerned that it is a generation thing.
I started using internet in '94 but years before that I used BBSses with a 33.6K modem.
You weren't held by your hand to find a solution. You needed to figure it out yourself. And fast or else your phonebill went skyrocket.
And the tools are available "Search"
I give courses in IT. Even the 30+ students can't seem to find it. But the elder classes 60+, I give find what they want much faster. And there is a big difference in male and females. Males are absolutely stupid.
They can't seem to find the keywords.

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
Ascetic haha no hate taken! you make some good points.

You're right, i was being flippant, and i hope that doesn't suggest that i don't seriously value this game (probably my favourite on here). Looking at other examples on the site, it would be so easy for the story to drift into dark/gritty/power fantasy territory, but the writing has kept everything chill, light, goofy - and that's a great atmosphere for a fun sex game to have. I can chill out, switch off and enjoy the aforementioned booba.

And like, the character work is obviously pretty light, but it works. I have an idea of the kind of people Amy, Yvette, Jessica and a good few others are, and that makes their scenes so much more enjoyable.

Anyway, 5/5, "a tour de force" - roger ebert, 2021
Sure You can have ctiticisme.
"I ask about her Breast size."
"She tells it's 34F"
"I get horny hearing about her breast size."
I have been a horndog but some girl telling me her bra size didn't ever stir my pants.

What I most like about this game is that it doesn't tell you what to do. Sandbox.
I don't like Aly. I start with her, do the achievements and as soon I've done them, I kick her of the Island.
If I wasn't an achiement hunter. She would never be there.

Reactions: 882036

rooney10

Apr 29, 2018
...And there is a big difference in male and females. Males are absolutely stupid.
Sage comments Ramirez™. I will say that if I were 30 years younger I would most definitely be offended by your biting if not truthful words but at my age (somewhere around Bantry's near as I can tell) I have come to fully embrace my male-stupidity, for it truly knows no bounds.:D

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019
Sure You can have ctiticisme.
"I ask about her Breast size."
"She tells it's 34F"
"I get horny hearing about her breast size."
I have been a horndog but some girl telling me her bra size didn't ever stir my pants.

What I most like about this game is that it doesn't tell you what to do. Sandbox.
I don't like Aly. I start with her, do the achievements and as soon I've done them, I kick her of the Island.
If I wasn't an achiement hunter. She would never be there.

Aly haters unite. Bitch has no place on my island as well.

• Haha
Reactions: valantis

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
Aly haters unite. Bitch has no place on my island as well.
I think this game's greatest advantage is exactly that you can collect for yourself the type of the girls you most like. Only some girls are needed for some achievments (its mostly Faye, to unlock the shower, and the sauna)

Reactions: junior366

Tyrfing

May 11, 2018
Funny - i like Aly quite a lot (waiting for a looooong time to have her first hardcore anims & especially the threesome with Faye after the comparing Scene), but funnily Amy takes her place and is always only reluctantly invited to my Island.

De gustibus non esse disputandum :)

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
Funny - i like Aly quite a lot (waiting for a looooong time to have her first hardcore anims & especially the threesome with Faye after the comparing Scene), but funnily Amy takes her place and is always only reluctantly invited to my Island.

De gustibus non esse disputandum :)
not the threesome but there will be some fun with her in next update.

Tyrfing

May 11, 2018
Yeah, she sadly suffers from having not much content since a long time, but she will rocket once she gets some attention, she always was and still is a keeper!

Reactions: rooney10

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
The last few posts, starting with Ramirez' (#22,765) highlight what is, IMO, what makes this game truly great; its generally non-linear nature and high degree of variety mean that there is something in it for almost everyone. Obviously from some of the previous posts (at least some of which were certainly just trolling), there are a number of people who do not like this game, which is fine because there are plenty of others from which they can choose.

In contrast, Aly is one of my favorites, but I'm totally fine with Ramirez and bobthebuilder223 not liking her (more Aly for me!). And at the risk of offending yankeeInKy, I don't particularly like Faye (I may have to get him a Dragon Poo peace offering from Spoons-N-Spice, which is not far from where I live). I also particularly like Jessica (my profile pic may have given that away) as well as Desire, and I would guess from the general vibe I get on the forum that I am in the relative minority with that, which is also fine.

It's also both apparent and intuitive that everyone plays the game a little bit differently. Some are clearly "critical path achievement hunters", trying to complete all of the achievements in the shortest time possible. Others try to complete all of the achievements in a certain order. Still others exclude certain achievements (e.g., sperm congestion doctor visits), or spend a disproportionate amount of time doing certain repeatable achievements or actions, and on and on. And through it all, there is an overall plot that is developing and mysteries that are unfolding.

I guess the bottom line is: Enjoy the game experience (or not; you do you), let the haters hate (Illegitimi non carborundum - that was for Tyrfing's benefit), and don't feed the trolls (if you can avoid it).

rooney10

Apr 29, 2018
...as well as Desire, and I would guess from the general vibe I get on the forum that I am in the relative minority with that, which is also fine.
I feel you w/Desire...I mean I would like Desire, or might like to feel Desire...or I mean I have the same feelings about Desire. So in conclusion, I too have desirable feelings towards Desire, so clearly, I think you get what I'm trying to say?

4.10 star(s) 219 Votes