VN Ren'Py Abandoned Holiday Islands [v0.10.2] [Devon Andersson]

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes
Aug 16, 2017
calling this and episode is a bit of a stretch....I just watched a whole episode of the blacklist and it lasted a way lot longer :D

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Sorry for being "that guy" but after cleaning the beach is there anything more to do and I'm just missing it? Not looking for a step by step, simple Y/N will do. I have no problem looking but if there's nothing to find it seems like a waste of time. Cheers

Reactions: shinonen

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
Sorry for being "that guy" but after cleaning the beach is there anything more to do and I'm just missing it? Not looking for a step by step, simple Y/N will do. I have no problem looking but if there's nothing to find it seems like a waste of time. Cheers
Yeah, I didn't even go that far.

Is there enough content here to justify playing this version?

(And by content, I mean fucking. But also content.)

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Yeah, I didn't even go that far.

(And by content, I mean fucking. But also content.)
Well.. no fucking as far as I know, a bit of nudity. I might not be the best to answer this since I'm stuck after completing 3 quests, don't know how to progress..
It wont take much of your time, 5-10min all in all of playtime. Nice renders, a bit awkward conversation seems promising but you're not missing out if you wait a couple of versions.

Reactions: shinonen

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
I'm glad the overall feedback is positive, but don't hold back with constructive critique. I can take it.

The game will tell you when the end of V1 is reached in big red text. After you cleaned the beach Emily should be back from the restaurant, waiting in the kitchen.
If that is not the case I have to investigate (bug?). The flag for Emily to appear in the kitchen is set when you complete the 'Cleaner' quest.
Using console commands or my build in button to complete quests in developer-mode WILL break things.

calling this and episode is a bit of a stretch....I just watched a whole episode of the blacklist and it lasted a way lot longer :D
It is not an entire Episode. Mods did edit the title misleading and I cannot edit it. It is Episode 1 Version 1.
Edit: scratch that. I can edit it, just got confused with edit tags button.

If you're just looking for 'f*ck' scenes - there is no such thing ... yet.

Ah, nothing says fun like wearing latex pants on a beach!
Yeah I can see why it look like latex. This material actually caused me some headaches when rendering at higher resolution to downscale the images then. It tends to cause an unwanted ugly .
Here's an example master-render at full resolution of Emily in this outfit:

I will leave to your imagination what material it is ... hell I don't know, I just like how it looks. :D

Today I made backups. Work on V2 begins in a few minutes - starting with the missing bathroom-render in the house ... that will hopefully complete in 4K during the night.

Edit: I just had someone play-test this game next to me irl on a notebook. I can see why some people have trouble playing through it. On tiny screens the buttons to move to new locations are easy to overlook ... will work on that.

Reactions: Krull and Orwell
Aug 16, 2017
good luck on your endeavours......some of us will be watching....some very closely...and unfortunately some will just bash the shit out of it for no reason other than releasing some of the venom they keep from the real world just to spit out here....its practically a sport now.....still trying to get it added to the Olympics....will keep you posted :D

if you like a bit of spice to your feedback then just add NTR to your game and take a ride :D
its all a learning curve either way and most of us will just be glad to see your vision realised....but if there is no buttlovin in it then ya -1 already :D

all the best dev :)

vlad777

Mar 24, 2018
Wow, I really liked animations! This storm animation... It is something. Pretty good for visual novel. And renders are good-looking too. The beginning of the story is pretty interesting, and protagonist seems adequate too. This really has potential, I'll wait for continuation. :)

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
During the intro I changed him saying purse to him saying wallet as not many men walk around with a purse or call something a purse I also changed him calling Emily master to him calling her Mistress since master is for male and mistress is for female.

Traceback error if you click on the debug complete quest line in the book.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
I'm glad the overall feedback is positive, but don't hold back with constructive critique. I can take it.

The game will tell you when the end of V1 is reached in big red text. After you cleaned the beach Emily should be back from the restaurant, waiting in the kitchen.
If that is not the case I have to investigate (bug?). The flag for Emily to appear in the kitchen is set when you complete the 'Cleaner' quest.
Using console commands or my build in button to complete quests in developer-mode WILL break things.

It is not an entire Episode. Mods did edit the title misleading and I cannot edit it. It is Episode 1 Version 1.

If you're just looking for 'f*ck' scenes - there is no such thing ... yet.

Yeah I can see why it look like latex. This material actually caused me some headaches when rendering at higher resolution to downscale the images then. It tends to cause an unwanted ugly .
Here's an example master-render at full resolution of Emily in this outfit:

I will leave to your imagination what material it is ... hell I don't know, I just like how it looks. :D

Today I made backups. Work on V2 begins in a few minutes - starting with the missing bathroom-render in the house ... that will hopefully complete in 4K during the night.
Thanks for the clearification. I figured it was my bad, was éxpecting some form of notice when the version was finished. Might be a bud but also likely that I f**ked up somehow.. want to say that I havn't found a kitchen and I've been over the place a couple times. I get a white "placeholder/misding image" screen when I enter one of the rooms and also when I click the compass.. Might be that room? Could I have caused this by doing something out of order?

I never use console for any game, including yours. I reckon that if cobsole is needed the game is already flawed in development..

Otherwise it's of to a good start, girls look good, love me some b2tf reference ^^

shadowman27

Aug 27, 2017
Great game, looks very promising. I loved the boat part, wish they stayed in it longer and more events happened there.

Nightless

Jan 13, 2018
It is really good so far, but as it is an early version there is much to do :D But Models are good and it hast a nice Redhair for me so nothing to complain :)

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
So.. am I the only one without a kitchen in the house..? Replayed it to check if I could get another result but can't progress after cleaner quest, kitchen is just a white placeholderimage..unfortunate, really enjoyed the start thus far

f95zoneuser463

Game Developer
Aug 14, 2017
The kitchen problem:
There should be a button in the living-room at the bottom of the screen. It's not visible very well due to the bright background. I've already moved it in the next version and I'll add a second button to the double-door on the outside to go there directly. The placeholder one in version 1 is the 'bathroom guest'.
house without roof ortho.png

Reactions: Krull

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
the game is really interesting and it looks great I like it a lot and really make it curious to call it more strange with the phone when the mc tries to reach his parents oh and then the docktor i do not say what i mean but if you are not under lives a stone I know what I mean when you see it x'D

I can not wait to see what happens next other girls meet nude girls see and have fun with them (hrhrhrhr) AND the dev seems to be a huge movie fan too its ...

well i think the game is definitely worth it and i can not wait for the next update to come but do not rush to take the time you need to keep it waiting longer for a good game than fast bad updates So keep it up

oh and because of the title if you change it's the risk of confusion as would be the case with "Fantasy Island"? and yes I know that there was a series in the tv that was so

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
The kitchen problem:
There should be a button in the living-room at the bottom of the screen. It's not visible very well due to the bright background. I've already moved it in the next version and I'll add a second button to the double-door on the outside to go there directly. The placeholder one in version 1 is the 'bathroom guest'.
View attachment 93247
As i suspected, entirely MY fault.. thank you so much for your help, much appriciated, just glad I seem to be the only one dumb enough to miss it. Will give it another go in the coming week. Cheers

Acesaw

May 11, 2017
You need to change the name man. cus there already a game named holidayislands and having 2 games with same name is confussing.

Reactions: phreadom
3.70 star(s) 6 Votes