Others Completed Holodexxx Home [Episode 2 Bugfix] [Holodexxx]

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Very nice Linear Character Customization Progress and the most famous Unreal UI System gets really nicely integrated

Last edited:

Lif3mau5

Dec 13, 2017
Dear Devs,

Holodexxx Experimental crash when I start it with:

Corrupt Data found, please verify your installation

... and the next error after this message:

LowLevelFatalError [File: Unknown] [Line: 3194] SkeletalMesh/DLC_Episode02/Character/Marley/Clothing/Hair/Mesh/Hairstyle_Ponytail_01.Hairstyle_Ponytail_01: Serial size mismatch: Got 1271982, Excepted 1271978

Please fix this, thanks!

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
The Ponytail Hair mesh seems it size check failed
Try to reinstall to another Drive and check your install Drive integrity
Or do a straight redownload to another drive to be absolutely sure it's neither the download that got corrupted nor the transfer to the destination.

If you install over the itch installer normally i think he should check if the download integrity is ok

Last edited:

kraoro

Jul 9, 2017
Unless you're not supposed to be able to move around at all, then it's still completely unplayable on an Index. Sticks do nothing, and trackpads can make me move several feet vertically, snap turn 45 degrees in place, and fuck all else. So as a "stand perfectly motionless in a living room" simulator, the game is OK.
If you were actually a patron you would be seeing our updates. We've hired more devs and have never been more in development, lol.
I wouldn't really play that card if I were you. If we were actually Patrons, we would be paying you for nothing, since the last release was eight months ago, and at $5 a month, we're entering Triple A game money; games that are actually feature complete, polished, and finished. Not a ten minute long tech demo with almost no interaction.

Last edited:

Succubustamer

Aug 8, 2020
I can't play this with Valve Index.

In the beginning, I see "Holodeck" to my right, not front. Pressing left stick can move it to front. But I can't proceed with trigger, must press space bar blindly.

In the game I can move with left pad (teleport), an turn with left stick.

I can't use the character customisation.

I can start Episode 1 by viewing at it and pressing left mouse button blindly.

I found the ID card, but no way to take it. Here my game ends.

Please, make it playable with Index.

kraoro

Jul 9, 2017
How do you fix this bindings? And i want to do this only for this game, but not mess with my Index generally.
Bindings are done ad-hoc/on a per game basis, so messing with bindings on this won't affect any other game. Press the menu button while in SteamVR and the second option should be to edit bindings. Unfortunately, I can't remember what I ended up fixing that ended up mostly working, but I can tell you that neither the default controller profile nor any of the ones you can download from Steam work for this game.

Succubustamer

Aug 8, 2020
Press menu button - do you mean the button to the left beneath your visor when wearing the Valve Index headset?

EDIT: There I found a controller menu. But I really don't know how to make this setup, the only thing I managed to do so far is to make the trigger working.

I would like to change movement and camera, and a way to make my controllers grab something, but I just couldn't do this. Is there a way to import such a setup, or kind of a .ini or similar to mod the game?

Last edited:

PoutingBabe

Jun 16, 2017
According to the dev:
Index control is coming in a week. If you were a Patron, you'd know that ;)
Reality:
Horrible Controls. Not being able to grab anything, be it A, B, Grip or anything else on the Valve Index, you cannot do anything nor move properly.
Game seems completely unplayable with Index controllers.
I'm also having no luck with the Index controls. [...] I cannot do anything at all.
Tried this out last night on an Index. By default the controls are mapped terribly. Nothing works
Index def does not work out of the box
Unless you're not supposed to be able to move around at all, then it's still completely unplayable on an Index.
I can't play this with Valve Index.
According to dev: Index controls would be here 50 weeks ago.

Reality: Game is utterly unplayable with Index even with (official?) remapped controls. Cannot move forward or back except IRL, cannot even walk IRL to one end of playspace, rotate 180 and then walk back IRL to keep walking in one direction in VR because snap rotate causes the playspace to rotate with you, putting you through walls and shit. "Teleport" left and right is just snap rotate.
If we were actually Patrons, we would be paying you for [...] a ten minute long tech demo with almost no interaction.
QFT.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Partner System

Our partner system is a multi-tentacled beast but we're rounding the corner on it. Soon we'll be able to place multiple characters in scene, and have their animations react responsibly with one another ;) No more dicks poking through skulls! Hooray!

We’re stoked that our patrons have allowed us the opportunity to fund more adult developers. Hopefully we can do more of that in the future, and give more devs the opportunity to create lewd content full time, because that’s the dream for all of us!
Holodexxx_Mike
This is not right and everyone knows it

Though for Steam im pretty sure

Possible lesson learned: Adult content on Steam requires story/gameplay in a well identifiable balanced story form.

I liked the Euphoria Approach but the Plot it was way to short and shallow to buildup any connections appropriately that make sense and don't drive only and foremost the Sexual Encounters of it's Characters but the Game itself and neither any progression of those Characters in any form.

And i think you know exactly what Design effort this means and it was pretty impossible todo this with the Euphoria Vertical Slice under your own pressure.

Heck even just some Mediocre Minigames push plenty of them inside show them often and they seem to like the balance suddenly as long as you shooting more than you put the intercourse itself into focus or the relational consented buildup takes, everything seems ok, when you afterwards or in between flooding the screen with love,passion and lust.

Though they made it pretty clear now
Adult content which includes a visual depiction that requires age verification of an actual human being; see, for example, [18 U.S. Code § 2257]. Link currently found .
Artificial Dolls where age prediction is really debatable are the better choice

Way to go Valve way to go.

So as you said direct Clones are completely out of question it makes sense on Moral Grounds though Euphoria was a very detectable Artistic Hybrid with a very Clear Age Perception ID over 18 even in her rather dollified stage

How can you justify this sanely in 90% cases for all those Anime Dolls fucking around.

At least they get some protection as well
Content that is patently offensive or intended to shock or disgust viewers

Last edited:

Weimn

Nov 10, 2018
Seems like the height adjustment is the only properly working thing in this game lmao.

Ziggster

Sep 9, 2018
I tried playing this on Occulus but I can't do anything in the room. The most I can do is move around. I'm not sure where exactly the patch is supposed to go either. Can anyone help?

Update: Managed to manipulate my way to the card finally but once I got there it didn't matter because you can't pick it up...

Last edited:

maxdannis

Dec 20, 2020
Safe to consider all of Holodexxx dead? Looks like zero content drops all year and barely any updates.

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes