Others Completed Holodexxx Home [Episode 2 Bugfix] [Holodexxx]

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes

zalazane

May 16, 2020
damn shame this hasn't had any updates, just tried it out today and ran somewhat like crap compared to other VR games i have tried from the site. had some good potential.

Reactions: Arctur

ThaHellHound

May 6, 2020
Nobody has the and able to share here on F95? It looks from screenshots much better than EP1 and EP2.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Shows a pretty fast Progression Speed and already moved to 4.26 integrated everything else without increasing the footprint as well ;)

I love a lot of these results some of the usual light seam and sadly also some not so nice Texture UV Stretch (extreme problematic in Genital Closeups) and SSR problems but else solid though behaviour is due to lack of a lot of body and missing hair physics collisions not so nice.

SSSS + Tessellation + AA (Hair) overall stable 33.3 ms in closest fov ;)

Lot of nice gradual improvements since what we saw here in public, lot of small fixes like the zipper mechanic in EP1 ;)

Hair result fits much much better now (Groom Hair done by Externals ?) :)

Though i still need to side by side compare result progression, but it makes a much more solid appearance like i remembered it much more details especially, the Sharpness Perception feels in a really nice state for the given Performance the SSSS doesn't destroys it entirely neither.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yep a Fatal Error could be system stability related though i don't trust this Ryzen System yet fully like intel on perfect stability ;)

Though this Holodexxx Build is now 1 year old, it's most probably even 1 Version older that Rob Cram tested and Reviewed with ;)

You not even have a GUI Interface for any Visual Setups and yeah it's the Pre Release of 4.26
It switches it's Visual Setup also between Start Menu and Ingame Start Menu looks extreme low quality entire AA is disabled on its Model Display.

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Someone else getting fatal errors in her Laying on the Couch Scene in EP1 ?

They occur more often in the scene becomes a bit strange, this time right at the beginning of it

Hmm i wonder if that fatall error happens because of mouse moving on decision wheel option and at the same time adjusting height camera to fast.

OK Holodexxx immediately showcases that the Ryzen System most probably can't be 100% Stable yet those many Fatal Errors are not really normal and now Low Level Fatal errors.

Movement to Ryzen is a stability pain, i never experienced before.

Holodexxx Experimental 0.9.1 reacts currently the most extreme, maybe it's also the Pre Release state of Unreal 4.26 that was a total stability mess and especially on Ryzen as a Bonus.

I think i have only Holodexxx Experimental 0.9.1 now which used the Pre Release of Unreal 4.26 and Fatal Errors out so often.

I Played Mafia 3, Wild-Life, AC Unity, for hours stable no crashes either.

I did some pretty heavy full Memory and Physic tasks on VAM with extreme complexity and full memory usage to the top nothing crashed.

Holodexxx Experimental 0.9.1 3-4 times now in EP1 out of the very blue.

That is strange, who should i trust now ;) ?

Probability of a Fatal Error in that Couch Scene is also higher.

But they are overall still pretty Random (not easy to pinpoint the real cause).

The Fatal errors continue into EP2 straight into the customizer scene

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
So yeah this was interesting it was a Power Delivery instability the GPU is much higher utilized the overall Power on only P4 was not enough to keep it stable with the CPU/Memory @ the same time.

EP 1 will fast Fatal Error if Power Delivery is not enough.
The Customizer in EP2 is a Scene where a Power shortage is bound to Fatal Error.
The New Customizer only Option is even much more heavy it can kill the GPU driver and the overall screen output until a reboot when the GPU gets not enough Power.

So if you want to test the stability of your undervolting Holodexxx Experimental is the way to go ;)

100 % GPU utilization in Mafia 3,VAM and Wild-Life is not the same as 100% in Holodexxx

Holodexxx is a interesting stability test case on the GPU power delivery side.

PS: Yep all runs are stable now, forget everything i wrote about the Pre Release build unstable, it was entirely a Power Delivery problem with to much fluctuations on the Edge.

PPS: Forget what i wrote in the PS it's not a power delivery issue this build is unstable as hell.

Better don't change the Hair in EP2 in the Customizer or it's gonna revert back to the old low quality Hair and you can't change it anymore back to the much much better Groom Hair result.

NO RYZEN i gonna kill you it fatal errored again in exact the scene above, geez.

And now that strange IndexCurve Fatal Error again

Gonna test the older Holodexxx build now this is getting ridiculous oh man i hate my ryzen movement decision never had such problems on intel to fight with

Though it is only Holodexxx Experimental for now which wanna make me go really crazy.

The Randomness of these Fatal Errors are making it really hard to understand at least this IndexCurve error seems to be bound to a very logic part in Unreals Code so the cause of the Fatal error should be rather easy reproducible and debugable.

First time i experience also a Unreal Result Fatal Error out like crazy and especially in such pretty unpredictable Randomness.

I have to stability run through my entire Unreal 4 Library this unstable experience here wont let me sleep very well, but first the old Holodexxx Build pre pre release 4.26.2 to be exact 4.24.3.

So here we are back again on 4.24.3 this time on Ryzen lets see if we get the same fatal error orgy like on the experimental pre release 4.26.2 build

How could you release such a bloody unstable Experimental Build on a total fucked up Unreal Pre Release into the Public Holodexxx_Mike ?

This Experimental Build is totally unstable, beyond words.

Silver Gray Hair looks better than a Fatal Error ;)

Several Hours Runtime test the Old Build 4.24.3 is Rock Stable.

Holodexxx Experimental 0.9.1 is something you could be ashamed of releasing in that unstable runtime state.

Lets do a direct Performance Metric test to see what their changes had for a Render Performance impact overall, though not so easy we have to recreate the camera positions as close as possible between the builds, this needs some skill on understanding perspective as they like to change start camera positions ;)
Also you have to be really carefull comparing like this a small FOV render deviation can have big impact ;)

So what you immediately see is the overall Lighting improvements especially the Hair results but they came not for free ;)

So we would already miss a stable 60 FPS Goal in this frame example by the build changes.

The Range to get this Performance back is DLSS territory or 1 GPU SKU Level up.

Also i wouldn't say this are overall Lighting improvements they just found no other way to get the other more luminant lighting stable enough, so the easiest solution they came up with was to shadow everything, which of course endsup naturally in this big Performance loss, though not really naturally as a higher luminance result is physically more performant taking when you moving into HDR illumination direction ;)

Getting 60 FPS out of their Experimental 45 FPS Result without a perceptional impactful difference is already a nice Goal to go with :)

In EP1 it is now pretty much only the Couch Scene that Fatal Errors out in the Experimental Build after selecting the Hair color selection it is hard to keep it stable.

Overall im a bit confused now but since Ryzen it seems to be normal to expect the unexpected.

Trying to go into the Customizer really shuts down the Display (HDMI Signal gets lost) as if somebody would kill the Driver with Devcon or is forcing the OS Display output to change over the DXGI interface directly.

Some nice Benchmarks for VAM 2.0

The whole studio worked without 1 crash EP2 right at the beginning after Euphoria appears the Indexed Curve Fatal error and another run just Fatal Error so far.
I gonna revert the Bios and see if this is a Ryzen Memory instability issue.

Though a bit crazy that only really Holodexxx Experimental 0.9.1 Episodes would make problems and the older beta build is absolute stable in the Episodes and nothing else shows instability issues.

Mafia 3 = Stable
AC Unity = Stable
Adam The Mirror = Stable
Final Fantasy 15 Benchmark = Stable
Delta Zone = Stable
Kite Demo = Stable
Infilitrator Demo = Stable
Valley of the Ancient Demo = Stable
Silicon Lust = Stable
VAM = Stable
Wild-Life = Stable
Paralogue = Stable
Mirrors Edge Remaster = Stable
Holodexxx Riley,Marley, Home Beta EP1/EP2 = Stable
Quake 2 RTX = Stable

Holodexxx Experimental 0.9.1 Home EP1/EP2 = unstable (Random Fatal Engine Errors most probably between animations, multiple choice dialog wheel)
Holodexxx Experimental 0.9.1 Studio = Stable

Sorry Mike it must be your fault i gonna revert the Bios still to be absolutely sure that not some strange 3rd party in your config is maybe extremely sensitive.

Last edited:

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Ok being not to fast with your selections and letting everything play seems to keep the probability of a fatal error lower i finally got into the Experimental bed scene (a nice cutscene blending in now) :)
Though you loose the new long Hair result after the Customizer (for now).

VLC implementation works really nicely :)

How funny it would be while you watching this Video it's ringing and Riley Enters or Euphoria asking you "Hmm you like her don't you, she has some special skull don't you think ?"
"Ok wait i scan her, why not having some pink tripplefun with that cutie"

I really wonder what was riding the lighting guy on that entire scene setup and making it so bad from its previous decent result and please that DOF is such a waste.
You virtually successfully killed every bit of important perceptional detail it partly looks worse than 8 bit now.
You not even made her a nice doll this way you totally fucked it up.

PS: This pink mumbo jumbo is awkward, and DOF in VR without adapting lenses really ?
Everyone on the Captain Hardcore Trip :D

Best Thing so far about Holodexxx = The Studio it has especially some nice Control Mechanics that are partly even more efficient than VAM and better solved.
It felt totally naturally constructing a scene absolute great UI and Logic work here :)

Only Negative Points = The Render Target Resolution of the Cameras which take the Final Result Photos is shit avoid it at all costs for final render results.
It will make the good work on the Asset Pipeline and some of it's really good shining through results go to waste in a snap.
Her Neck Seam is really disgusting and doesn't fit a Professional Team Result.
The whole Media Room Scene needs another iteration and especially without pink ;)
Physic results are not really even worth to talk about.
Some of the Rig Poses Skinning results look not so nice.
Ahh and yeah Fatal Errors (though real cause still a bit uknown).

Last edited:

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
The Developer has a series of Holodexxx episodes as separate "games" - this is Episode 1 (and there is an Episode 2) for the "Home" series and there are other series, as well.

Marked as Completed.

nonamepleasevptr

Jan 8, 2022
Tried to play with oculus quest 2 - game is starting but i cannot move ang grab, almost all buttons do nothing, only working is moving up and down (right hand stick press up and down)

Update: experimental branch is working, but triggers often don`t work in menu. Also video is not playing (both streaming and local)

Last edited:
Reactions: ErVaquilla

Homo_Erect_Us

Oct 16, 2021
Ay yo. Forgive necro. But is the experimental branch stable or buggy? Cause I am going for that sucker. (downloading that)

MattStuff

Mar 1, 2022
I have a problem with EP2.
When she says to pull out her tshirt and touch her breasts, my hands are disappearing and I can't do anything besides rotate the camera. I can't even move. Tried 2 times.
Same here...2 years later.
Ep 2 works up until she asks you to touch her. Then my hands disappear and I can only just sit there.
Experimental branch just dies on launch "corrupt data found"

• Wow
Reactions: Homo_Erect_Us
2.60 star(s) 5 Votes