Sangoku25

Jul 3, 2017
So I took a look at what he gave us and have fun with the defective game. He translated the links, which means there are even more things that no longer work. In the original they appear in the Japanese name (n)

Unfortunately I can't find any working original links anymore

Reactions: ustar

HoundGoat21

Oct 22, 2021
Are we supposed to be able to buy magic skills for free? We get skill points by killing enemies but all the magic at the shop cost 0 SP

Pretty sure this game was broken during the translation attempt.

Maskmaker

Jan 31, 2018
Everything is free. Normally this wouldn't bother me but this Shoku game is built more as a traditional game than others

k2ren

Jun 13, 2023
damn 2 oldschool shoku games in a 1week? hm time to try them i guess since neither has a review.

freeko

May 15, 2019
It's from 2014. What you should be asking is why modern games are 1+ GB without even any animation or voice acting. Which apparently this game also manages to have both of if the tags are accurate.
That is an easy answer. All the RTP stuff that is thrown in and never used from the old rpg maker systems weighs in around 400-600mb. I do not remember the exact number but a single map, single sprite, and single line of text was something like 640mb the last time I looked at using any of the older rpgmaker engines.

Remove all the unused sprites, tiles, and everything else. After that you get a sensible file size like this game has.

Mar 22, 2020
Yeah, the translation kinda ass.... ass in the way of like, some texts are straight overlapping each other, all of a sudden the previous choices for a very specific thing is back and is now replacing the "Yes" or "No" options

Would anyone be willing to fix that?

Mar 22, 2020
Ngl, I can just play this much better if it wasn't translated. Gonna go look for the translation thread for this and I know damn well I'm gonna find the raw one in there.

I'm not translating it.

There wasn't a translation thread for it. (Damn)

Iblis2150

Sep 14, 2017
It kind of cracked me up that every question seemed to have changed to "do you want to fix the wall" :')
I've seen a lot of weird MTL shenanigans, but this was a new one.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Yeah, the translation kinda ass.... ass in the way of like, some texts are straight overlapping each other, all of a sudden the previous choices for a very specific thing is back and is now replacing the "Yes" or "No" options

Would anyone be willing to fix that?
I could take on a commission this month.

DomovoiHD

Nov 3, 2019
aaah shit, here we go again
it's exactly the same thing as what came before from this fellow isn't it