3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Oh cool a game where the roommates are actually roommates. Obligatory question, will this be a pure harem game or will it have stuff like sharing/swinging? Follow up question, if it ends up having sharing content will it be avoidable?

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
This game reminds me a lot of Harem Hotel, except that the story is painfully mundane thus far.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Personally I don't have a problem with sandbox games. My main issue right now is that it doesn't seem to have much of a story you kinda just jump from one sex scene to another without any real build up.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Looking at the banner at the top, four outta five girls have glasses....and three of them have the same exact hairstyle. I mean, it's ok if the developer has a "type" (don't we all?), but a liiiiittle more variety wouldn't hurt.
Perhaps, but this lack of variety is still better than Devs who give every single character ginormous tits. I'll take similar hair over the same set of knockers in every sex scene any day.

ShinyEnt

Game Developer
May 27, 2020
Hi all. I'm so glad to have woken up and see a bunch of messages about the game and want to thank you all for trying out the game!

I'm going to respond to a bunch of questions raised and try to clear up anything.

First off - the name.
I wasn't too aware that the word Homeshare had different connotations regarding locations across the world (if I’m being honest, I was hoping the overview would clear this confusion up quickly). As Hrothgar states, in Britain, a homeshare refers to a stay for multiple people who may or may not be related. It’s called this since I wanted the alliteration with Harem. Apologies for any confusion.

Sandboxes.
If I'm being honest, I had no clue that people were against sandboxes so much lol. I just went off my personal preference (which in hindsight may not have been the best idea) and decided to make a free roam world. I would like to cater and make the game preferable for everyone, and so will work on a 'partial sandbox' game mechanic, where instead of having to click around the house to get to a character, once you finish a scene with a character, you would be asked who you want to see next and to continue their storyline. Please let me know what you think of this idea!

Character Appearances
Not gonna lie, I never noticed such a similitude between the hairstyle of Lois, Georgia and Lauren (which you can clearly see in the banner). The characters were designed again from personal preference. I was not keen on sharing the idea of this game at its very early development stages due to me not having much of a rapport on online communities such as this one, where I could have polled on the characters appearances and have data to work with when creating the characters.

I will most likely not change the style of the hairstyle of the aforementioned characters, other than changes for H-Scenes. However, if you have played the game fully, you would have noticed random names chucked around by some of the characters. I was planning to bring out one of these new characters between each version, where it would be something along the lines of their friend coming to visit and having a storyline with both of the characters.

These characters will not be ideated by me but rather by the community and what they want to see. I most likely will poll on here and Patreon on the upcoming characters and see what you guys want.

The Story Itself
Many of you have pointed out how this game is 'Mundane' and not having 'Much of a story', and you are right I should have cleared this up before the release, but if I’m being honest, I was just excited to release the game that I didn’t regard much for a more detailed explanation of the roadmap of the game. This is only 0.1. I wanted 0.1 to be a showcase of what’s to come. A storyline which follows the form of every interaction leading to sex is more hyperreal than the concept of the game itself. Whilst games like these are made for a key purpose as something for someone to whack one out to, it also has to entertain and showcase a well thought out and good story. Right now, Homeshare Harem is neither of those. As I said, I want to showcase the style of the game and what’s to come. I figured that instead of the first version being a tonne of story and maybe 2 to 4 H-scenes, that people would appreciate a plethora of H-Scenes to choose from. These will be spaced apart and the storylines extended between releases, to let Homeshare Harem fulfil the purpose of being an entertaining and having a good storyline.

So now what?
Well right now, I want to take a short break of a few days from Homeshare Harem (since I did work nonstop for around 2 weeks to get this game ready for release), and I will be getting back to developing the game and more scenes. My mistake with this release is that it’s a game that I would like, but not what a majority of people would like. I want to know how you all want to see this title developed. Please let me know (alongside feedback ofc) what path you want to see this story take. Got an idea which would be suitable for a character? Let me know! I want this game to be developed with a community’s ideas at heart and be able to cater to a majority of your desires. So please, share your ideas for the game! Later on, I will poll and share initial ideas between here and Patreon, so be sure to follow me on there too!

Again, thank you all so much for playing the game, it means a lot to me!

hashcheckin

Dec 22, 2017
This really jumps into the action to an extent that I'd ordinarily find a little weird, but you know, in the context of a bunch of 18-year-old college students rooming together on their first week in school, it's entirely sensible that they'd just start fuckin' on day two and basically never stop.

• Haha
Reactions: ShinyEnt

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
No Incest, smart looking ladies with glasses, nice curves, no troubled sex and a dev that holds on to his own preferences. This should become a good game!
ShinyEnt Keep it going. And the incest lovers will always be here (as are the small group that do NOT like it), as are the NTR haters/lovers and for sure you will be told to include pregnancy as well. You already met the Sandbox moaners, wait till you get the "Save, gimme a save" posts. That is just the way it is around here.

So please keep original and stay on your own track (as long as you put some BDSM in you will do fine :p )

ShinyEnt

Game Developer
May 27, 2020
No Incest, smart looking ladies with glasses, nice curves, no troubled sex and a dev that holds on to his own preferences. This should become a good game!
ShinyEnt Keep it going. And the incest lovers will always be here (as are the small group that do NOT like it), as are the NTR haters/lovers and for sure you will be told to include pregnancy as well. You already met the Sandbox moaners, wait till you get the "Save, gimme a save" posts. That is just the way it is around here.

So please keep original and stay on your own track (as long as you put some BDSM in you will do fine :p )
Thank you for your kind words! I really do appreciate it. Expect the game to get even better between releases (and thanks for the words of caution aha).

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes