turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I know this is a stupid question but my game is stuck on JP and I can't seem to switch it over to English, I got the most recent R11 Repack via torrent and extracted everything to my base drive.

EDIT: I Have also tried changing my language on the InitSettings over on the side, back to different ones and it only changes for the launcher, not the game
I have had this issue also in the past and the only way I have managed to fix it is with a re install. Before you jump the gun, wait and see if someone else have a better solution.
I don't mind doing a reinstall, I have nothing custom saved. How would I go about doing one?
BetterRepack is always working fine in english out of the box.
Since R9 the Steam Translation is included by default.

So it seems something gone wrong with your install, the translation doesn´t load correctly.

Only solution I know it´s the same as Mr-Fox recommended: clean new install.
Btw look if you placed the game on top of a drive.

First you can look if the translation folders are installed
Translation-folder.jpg

Reactions: Mr-Fox

Ormsby78

Jul 31, 2021
Does anyone have access to this guy's patreon?

Apparently, its game changing, never used Gmod or any of the like but from what I can observe you can add collision to anything and everything and actual gravity and/or kinematic as well. Otherwise have to wait for the next VNGE update whenever that is, but am I jumping the gun by saying this changes the game?

Edit: I just checked the video again and that new plugin also has "trigger" and "action" which are not explained in the video but those do even more?

Ryanmiaku

Jul 24, 2017
BetterRepack is always working fine in english out of the box.
Since R9 the Steam Translation is included by default.

So it seems something gone wrong with your install, the translation doesn´t load correctly.

Only solution I know it´s the same as Mr-Fox recommended: clean new install.
Btw look if you placed the game on top of a drive.

First you can look if the translation folders are installed
View attachment 2231412
Yeah, the translation files are all there, everything is there, I've reinstalled the game twice over now, and I'm downloading it again to try a third but right out of the box it just won't go over to english. For what it's worth I tried another illusion game, AI Shoujo, and it didn't want to work with english out of the box either.

EDIT: Reinstalled it again and yeah, it's all still in Japanese. I have all the translation files and such, but as you can see the game still only registers in Japanese no matter what language I press in the launcher.

Last edited:

noobtastic

Jun 24, 2017
where do people get overlays and mods? Checking online all I get is "join the illusion discord" but then can never find a working link to that discord

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
where do people get overlays and mods? Checking online all I get is "join the illusion discord" but then can never find a working link to that discord
Here are links to the illusion Discord
HS2 Mods thread
HS2 / AI Overlay thread

You will need to join the IllusionSoft server

May 29, 2022

Apparently, its game changing, never used Gmod or any of the like but from what I can observe you can add collision to anything and everything and actual gravity and/or kinematic as well. Otherwise have to wait for the next VNGE update whenever that is, but am I jumping the gun by saying this changes the game?

Edit: I just checked the video again and that new plugin also has "trigger" and "action" which are not explained in the video but those do even more?
maybe its on kemono

looks interesting

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020

Gmod has been used for the Illusion titles for a very long time, since the Artificial Girl 3 days. It's for high heels. If I'm not mixing things up. The video is even called "PHY for HS2". PHY is apparently a release of a module for the VINGE plugin. Meaning it's an addition to the VINGE plugin.
I know that the names of plugins can make it confusing at times. We also have Graphic mod and Gravure. Can I get a G?..
Next plugin name G plugin mod.. It's like the mod plugin G only backwards... Eheerrr okay?.. WHY?
Because.. That's why..

Last edited:

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
how do I update the repack? I'm still at r7
Now we have R11 - you´re very outdated.
The easier way is to download the BetterRepack R11 (~ 55GB) from and make a clean new install.
If it´s running transfer your personal stuff (MyMods, UserData) from you R7.
Keep your old R7 as Backup until you´re satisfied with the new version.

Alternatively you can load upgrades for EACH single version step from here , but several update steps mostly leading into troubles.

UncleSuS

Dec 6, 2021
Now we have R11 - you´re very outdated.
The easier way is to download the BetterRepack R11 (~ 55GB) from and make a clean new install.
If it´s running transfer your personal stuff (MyMods, UserData) from you R7.
Keep your old R7 as Backup until you´re satisfied with the new version.

Alternatively you can load upgrades for EACH single version step from here , but several update steps mostly leading into troubles.
I have to download the sb patch?

Mr-Fox

Jan 24, 2020
Yeah, the translation files are all there, everything is there, I've reinstalled the game twice over now, and I'm downloading it again to try a third but right out of the box it just won't go over to english. For what it's worth I tried another illusion game, AI Shoujo, and it didn't want to work with english out of the box either.

EDIT: Reinstalled it again and yeah, it's all still in Japanese. I have all the translation files and such, but as you can see the game still only registers in Japanese no matter what language I press in the launcher.
could it be an issue with a registry file or something to do with your local language settings on your pc? :unsure:
I remember in the old days that one would need to change this to Japanese and Japan in the pc settings in order to be able to play these japanese titles. It's probably not this, just some nostalgia.. But registry could be it.

Reactions: Velcrofly

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021

Well - I´m on the end of my wisdom.

Last question: do you have the BetterRepack (which version), from where did you download (splitted packs or torrent), or have you the Steam version?

Reactions: Mr-Fox
3.80 star(s) 56 Votes