turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
If you're referring to whether or not downloading a Steam version from here to your Steam library, then yes, it would technically be trackable (since your Steam library is accessible by Steam), and anything you download here is considered a pirated game. But, big juicy but, will a Steam employee ever look into your library, notice that there's no proof of transaction for some obscure Japanese game, of which the company that originally produced it is no longer in business, and care enough to do anything about it? I highly doubt it. Honestly, they don't care. I still choose to download non-steam versions, or avoid saving pirated games to my Steam library (not that I would EVER pirate a game *glance at my FBI agent*).
I´m not quite sure what we have here on page 1 to download as "Steam Version" ~ 11,5 GB (never tried cuz always used the full BetterRepack).
Maybe it´s according to the Steam base game (you can buy on Steam for ~ 70 bucks), but also only to extract to your drive and play it standalone (outside Steam) like the BetterRepack.

In this case it doesn´t matter if it´s from a pirate site or not. All what is outside Steam/steamapps/common Steam can´t dedect.

Maybe I´ll try this for couriosity only.

gargamel44

May 11, 2023
If you're referring to whether or not downloading a Steam version from here to your Steam library, then yes, it would technically be trackable (since your Steam library is accessible by Steam), and anything you download here is considered a pirated game. But, big juicy but, will a Steam employee ever look into your library, notice that there's no proof of transaction for some obscure Japanese game, of which the company that originally produced it is no longer in business, and care enough to do anything about it? I highly doubt it. Honestly, they don't care. I still choose to download non-steam versions, or avoid saving pirated games to my Steam library (not that I would EVER pirate a game *glance at my FBI agent*).
Sorry, I meant that now that it changed companies, is it legal to post your own VN using HS2 to Steam? Or is this still an issue?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Sorry, I meant that now that it changed companies, is it legal to post your own VN using HS2 to Steam? Or is this still an issue?
I guess this never was a problem, as you can see for example here from

Supirman

Jan 31, 2022
Is there anyone here who plays this game on a i3 12100f? Do you like everything in terms of FPS, smoothness and overall comfort?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Is there anyone here who plays this game on a i3 12100f? Do you like everything in terms of FPS, smoothness and overall comfort?
Should be no problem.
If I started with this game my Desktop had a IntelCore2Quad 9550 without any issues.

Most important for HS2 is a lot of RAM and a fast SSD for short loading times.
And there are sometimes low FPS complained with RTX3xxx cards (maybe driver issues).

Reactions: Supirman

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I´m not quite sure what we have here on page 1 to download as "Steam Version" ~ 11,5 GB (never tried cuz always used the full BetterRepack).
Maybe it´s according to the Steam base game (you can buy on Steam for ~ 70 bucks), but also only to extract to your drive and play it standalone (outside Steam) like the BetterRepack.

In this case it doesn´t matter if it´s from a pirate site or not. All what is outside Steam/steamapps/common Steam can´t dedect.

Maybe I´ll try this for couriosity only.
Now tried this and indeed it´s running standalone, Steam doesn´t need to know.

Extract the "Steam version" from page 1 anywhere to your pc (strongly recommended on top of a drive and NOT C:/) and run it standalone via Initial Settings.exe.
HS2DX-SteamF95.png HS2DX-SteamF95-LoadingScreen.png

After that I recommend to add the SB3 patch (minimum "normal" edition) from here for uncensoring.

Reactions: Azure Sun

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Regarding the Steam version of the game. I started off on the steam version and the manly marco release worked the best for me as far as allowing modding and decensoring. I switched over to the BR version cause I hated having to use steam every time.

Mad_Scientist14

Jan 6, 2022
Finally somehow I managed to find [cunihinx] VHeadHair_01.zipmod on some japanese website and the game no longer shows that it is a missing mod but character's head is still black, her hair has changed but head remains black. Do you guys know any solution for this ?
do you have the zipmod still I need it.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Regarding the Steam version of the game. I started off on the steam version and the manly marco release worked the best for me as far as allowing modding and decensoring. I switched over to the BR version cause I hated having to use steam every time.
Who wants HS2 full modded there is no need for Steam - BetterRepack is best solution.
Steam is only of interest for those who like it slim.

Reactions: cptboofy

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Can't find him on steam
Ahhh - now I check it. Didn´t read your question accurate enough.

You want to create a VN with HS2 (possibly the Steam version) and present it on Steam?
I guess the easiest way is to ask Steam.

I know some VN´s published also on Steam, created with 3D software and RenPy.
If you use HS2 from outside Steam (e.g. the BetterRepack from here ) I can´t see a problem.

gargamel44

May 11, 2023
Ahhh - now I check it. Didn´t read your question accurate enough.

You want to create a VN with HS2 (possibly the Steam version) and present it on Steam?
I guess the easiest way is to ask Steam.

I know some VN´s published also on Steam, created with 3D software and RenPy.
If you use HS2 from outside Steam (e.g. the BetterRepack from here ) I can´t see a problem.
Okay, so basically I should ask. I feel like I won't get a positive response but oh well. Do you know any example for HS2 games in Steam? I don't think I ever found one

Reactions: turbojoe

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Okay, so basically I should ask. I feel like I won't get a positive response but oh well. Do you know any example for HS2 games in Steam? I don't think I ever found one
Sry, not so far yet.
The only VN´s created with HS are those from Evankstein, and indeed he´s not on Steam.

Apr 4, 2023
Location looks ok - really have no clue why you have these troubles.
I´m playing on laptop with WIN11 and Desktop WIN10 and NEVER had any messages about Malware.
Also didn´t need to create an exception in firewall.

Registry: there is a Registry_Fixer.bat in the game folder - I never use it and run the game standalone.
I don't remember if I evere clicked it. Ty anyway :)

Reactions: turbojoe
Jan 1, 2022
Does any one know what's wrong with KKY's flame shader?
I already have'em in Material Editor file but it(alongside with other shaders like fur&slime) just CAN'T fucking load!
So how to solve it??

QQ图片20240428220008.jpg 屏幕截图 2024-04-28 220048.jpg

phlippden

Nov 22, 2019
i have a problem to open the modpack zip files, allways says it is broken and dosen´t matter where i donwloaded it

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
i have a problem to open the modpack zip files, allways says it is broken and dosen´t matter where i donwloaded it
If you´re talking about splitted files (as I know there are 20 for R15) you have to proceed following certain rules, read here https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r15-illusion.53457/post-7289769

This way is a little tricky, by far easier is downloading via torrent (1 big 7z-file).

Also it can happen that 1 or more splitted files getting corrupted while downloading - if you get such a meesage you have to redownload this file.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes