loler69

Jan 13, 2020
So i just recently booted up HS2 R4 again, and it ran completely fine on my i7-3770 and 1070 at like 30-40 fps, but now on my Ryzen 3700x with 2070Super, it hits 60% load on the empty rooms, and goes straight to 100% usage the moment a character model goes on screen, all this at around 10fps, is there a problem with unity or my drivers?

because just like with HS2, AIS does the exact same thing, and since theyre the same engine im guessing by the cross compatible cards, im wondering if its just an issue in general i need to deal with.

I havent touched anything on either folder, and ive even tried it without any mods, it still does the same exact thing, and my rig runs Room Girl completely fine.

Reactions: bigcover22

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
So i just recently booted up HS2 R4 again, and it ran completely fine on my i7-3770 and 1070 at like 30-40 fps, but now on my Ryzen 3700x with 2070Super, it hits 60% load on the empty rooms, and goes straight to 100% usage the moment a character model goes on screen, all this at around 10fps, is there a problem with unity or my drivers?

because just like with HS2, AIS does the exact same thing, and since theyre the same engine im guessing by the cross compatible cards, im wondering if its just an issue in general i need to deal with.

I havent touched anything on either folder, and ive even tried it without any mods, it still does the same exact thing, and my rig runs Room Girl completely fine.
Not sure why you are getting those issues with HS2 and not with the other games. Standard recommendations that may help are to name and place the game file directory to something short and as high up as possible, like the following D:\STNHS2DX11\ and to launch via InitSetting.exe
These two simple steps normally solve a lot of in-game problems.

Worth noting we are up to R11 now. Latest versions can be found here
I'd recommend a fresh install rather than trying to do multiple step upgrades. If you do that I'd also recommend Torrent download and extract using 7-Zip.
Best of luck

Reactions: turbojoe

loler69

Jan 13, 2020
Not sure why you are getting those issues with HS2 and not with the other games. Standard recommendations that may help are to name and place the game file directory to something short and as high up as possible, like the following D:\STNHS2DX11\ and to launch via InitSetting.exe
These two simple steps normally solve a lot of in-game problems.

Worth noting we are up to R11 now. Latest versions can be found here
I'd recommend a fresh install rather than trying to do multiple step upgrades. If you do that I'd also recommend Torrent download and extract using 7-Zip.
Best of luck
yea i was just about to download it to R11, thanks

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
go through the wiki anime sharing page it should explain every thing about breaking a character there
Use poses like 'forced missionary' and any of the special sex positions like the lesbian or threesome and make sure she s the only one cumming.That should give you max points for breaking most characters
???
You´re right, but this was answered 4 rows below https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-8193189 ;)

HennyFapper87

Aug 18, 2018
I've tried searching the forum; but can't find the answer. I am using the SSS graphics mod and it turns off between "scenes" and I have to re-enable it. I seem to recall it doing that, then randomly it stopped doing it, and now after a fresh install (broke it via VGNE somehow) it now turns off between scenes. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I've tried searching the forum; but can't find the answer. I am using the SSS graphics mod and it turns off between "scenes" and I have to re-enable it. I seem to recall it doing that, then randomly it stopped doing it, and now after a fresh install (broke it via VGNE somehow) it now turns off between scenes. Am I missing a setting somewhere?
Never heard before.
If you enable GraphicsMod DON´T use "Better Anti-Aliasing"

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

checking in MSI Afterburner to see if it's using all your CPU cores may point you in the right direction.
Also try changing your graphics settings and see if the empty room usage changes. This may tell you if it's a video or a CPU problem

HennyFapper87

Aug 18, 2018
Never heard before.
If you enable GraphicsMod DON´T use "Better Anti-Aliasing"
I had both active but that didn't appear to be the issue. It's weird. I'll activate SSS once the game loads, but any time the scene changes I have to go back in and reactivate SSS. It's not a huge issue since I mostly use HS2 for character creation but it's still an oddity.

loler69

Jan 13, 2020
checking in MSI Afterburner to see if it's using all your CPU cores may point you in the right direction.
Also try changing your graphics settings and see if the empty room usage changes. This may tell you if it's a video or a CPU problem
its completely gpu, my cpu is at like 18%

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I had both active but that didn't appear to be the issue. It's weird. I'll activate SSS once the game loads, but any time the scene changes I have to go back in and reactivate SSS. It's not a huge issue since I mostly use HS2 for character creation but it's still an oddity.
So we need to illuminate your install history: new install or only upgrade, game version, was it running well before.....

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
ended up finding the issue, my GPU was on a PCIE 8x slot, apparently whatever engine Honetselect 2 uses is effected by this. So i changed it to PCIE 16x slot and it works perfectly smooth at 88% GPU usage.

Kind of weird considering Room Girl works completely fine with the PCIE 8x slot
Very interesting discovery - til now we had similar issues with Series 3xxx cards:
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-8283699
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-8378904
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-8384386

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
ended up finding the issue, my GPU was on a PCIE 8x slot, apparently whatever engine Honetselect 2 uses is effected by this. So i changed it to PCIE 16x slot and it works perfectly smooth at 88% GPU usage.

Kind of weird considering Room Girl works completely fine with the PCIE 8x slot
uuuhhhh yeeeeaaaa you may have been getting very bad performance ovarall because of that. Some games may have just become playable to you now
welll...not sure we can really call them issues since GFX cards are not at all designed to run on anything besides the best slots in a mobo

loler69

Jan 13, 2020
uuuhhhh yeeeeaaaa you may have been getting very bad performance ovarall because of that. Some games may have just become playable to you now

welll...not sure we can really call them issues since GFX cards are not at all designed to run on anything besides the best slots in a mobo
I build a lot of pc's too, 8x hasnt ever effected performance that bad before, im still just confused as to why HS2 and AIS need so much bandwidth, because when i would hit 100% it wouldnt just cap off, it would actually slow down my whole system and stutter everything, i hope other people can find this fix too though, since its literally a hardware placement issue

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I have gotten a lot of reports about HS2 and AIS performing worse on 30 series cards than on 20 series cards... no idea what's going on with that. Hopefully I will get my 3090 soon (reports have been regarding 3080 and 3090, and it sounds absurd that those cards should have problems with these games...) so that I can verify the problems, and hopefully look into what's causing it...
Hi STN - what has become of this theme? Did you find any reason for these unexpected fps drops?
What is your opinion of this recognition from "loler" above?
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9875492
https://f95zone.to/threads/honey-select-2-dx-r11-illusion.53457/post-9881263

Feb 3, 2022
Hi.

so a while back i was having the issue that character cards were not saving progress. i think i might have even asked here in regards to it. anyway, i couldn't really find an answer so i i tried adding and removing them from groups and switching groups too. nothing. what i ended up doing is going into maker, loading up the card and then saving it as new. that seemed to work. progress saved. thing is that now that i downloaded new cards...it happens again. i don't know what causes that. i can make copies to solved the issue like i mentioned, but i lose the cool card art that creators use plus it's a hassle.

has anyone figured out what or why that happens? is there a way to KEEP or use the art on a New card?

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Hi.

so a while back i was having the issue that character cards were not saving progress. i think i might have even asked here in regards to it. anyway, i couldn't really find an answer so i i tried adding and removing them from groups and switching groups too. nothing. what i ended up doing is going into maker, loading up the card and then saving it as new. that seemed to work. progress saved. thing is that now that i downloaded new cards...it happens again. i don't know what causes that. i can make copies to solved the issue like i mentioned, but i lose the cool card art that creators use plus it's a hassle.

has anyone figured out what or why that happens? is there a way to KEEP or use the art on a New card?
If you "save new" a card all stats are resetted to zero.
Only "Save" is doing the same.
"Save (Keep Card)" will keep all earned stats AND what you call the card art.

Did you try this 3rd option to bring the card gaining progress?
Also you can try to reset the cards progress in the group manager, this will also keep the card art but maybe trigger further stats progress.
Reset Girl.jpg

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I build a lot of pc's too, 8x hasnt ever effected performance that bad before, im still just confused as to why HS2 and AIS need so much bandwidth, because when i would hit 100% it wouldnt just cap off, it would actually slow down my whole system and stutter everything, i hope other people can find this fix too though, since its literally a hardware placement issue
yea it slows down the whole system because limiting the amount of lanes available to an extension card of any sort causes all sorts of side effects that are too technical to get into. It was explained to us at some point during our Computer Architecture course

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes