MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
well after sending you a text i see a eror about my save soo i delete my save data start over and it work who knew tnks for the all help
Ah, okay I guess? Haha :ROFLMAO:

I'd suggest updating to the latest repack too. Looks like you're currently running R2, so you might run into stability issues with certain mods and cards.

adgg

Sep 4, 2020
Ah, okay I guess? Haha :ROFLMAO:

I'd suggest updating to the latest repack too. Looks like you're currently running R2, so you might run into stability issues with certain mods and cards.
tnks but how can i uptade i just download from here a few days ago from here soo i thought it is the latest verison

Lordroedor

Mar 19, 2020
I don't think it's a case of someone "not liking" the mod, but there's likely a very valid reason the mod's creator (2155x) hasn't released an updated version of this mod since June, whether it's personal or technical. But I suspect technical.

But if you're running a repack, you're running every freely available mod that doesn't cause stability issues or massive conflicts with the engine or dozens of other mods. Player and girl height causes plenty of issues, whether you've personally seen any or not is a moot point.

Speaking as someone who responds to to technical queries on three different platforms for this game, I can tell you that the less freely available ways people who don't know what they're doing can break this software, the better tbh :ROFLMAO:

You can message 2155x yourself on Discord and ask? Unsure if the last version he released will even be compatible with the current build of the game, but you're welcome to try I guess - files are . But as the warning states, the game simply isn't built to have the height limit on the male broken. Take that up with Illusion, not the community itself.

Installing the last release of the mod you're missing might not work and may break shit, so I advise backing-up your BepInEx and UserData first.

Peace.
Thanks for your explanation. I won't do anything, that guy must have his own reasons to do or not do stuff. I can cry from time to time but I am not so entitled as to get in the way of people that obviously know much more than me.

I'll just hope they get new and better stuff for the next version of the repack, if there is one.

I just miss the times of Artificial girl 3. There were thousands of mods, right and left, from a lot of different people. Anything you wanted, you could find it. Modding must have become much harder, or maybe the modders are more spread among different titles.

Anyway. Thanks again.

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
tnks but how can i uptade i just download from here a few days ago from here soo i thought it is the latest verison
I don't think STN has posted here in a while, so I don't think a recent release has been linked for a bit.

You'll have a .png file in the game's root folder that will say what version you're running, but your log says R2.

Double-check the version you're on, then go through from ScrewThisNoise's site in order from the version you're on until you're up-to-date. Don't skip any! ;)

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
Thanks for your explanation. I won't do anything, that guy must have his own reasons to do or not do stuff. I can cry from time to time but I am not so entitled as to get in the way of people that obviously know much more than me.

I'll just hope they get new and better stuff for the next version of the repack, if there is one.

I just miss the times of Artificial girl 3. There were thousands of mods, right and left, from a lot of different people. Anything you wanted, you could find it. Modding must have become much harder, or maybe the modders are more spread among different titles.

Anyway. Thanks again.
I get your frustration about the limitations for male characters, especially with regards to clothing options. Same as you I spend almost all my time in Studio, and the lack of outfits for male models is kind of a bummer.

I guess with the cross-compatibility from AIS to HS2, many modders have just been porting over their AIS stuff to the new game. Not that male clothing seems to have been much of a focus since the first HS - everyone just wants to dress their waifus while the dudes get mostly ignored. Maybe if Illusion made a strictly gay hentai game in this engine, it'd be a different story..? Hmm... :unsure:

But definitely feeling the lack of decent, varied content now I'm learning to use VNGE, too. Trying to tell stories with unique-looking males within these limits may get a little frustrating down the road.

Might be time to get my head around Unity and Blender, perhaps?

Reactions: Lordroedor

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Does anyone have any suggestions on tuning the graphics settings? Bloom is very unnatural in this game, at least on my PC. There are many blinding / glowing elements with bloom turned on that look very unnatural and distracting. So I turn off bloom.

This looks more natural for most scenes, however, everything is too dark. I don't see any brightness setting in the main menu. Any way to increase the brightness of the scene / characters? Any other graphics tweak suggestions? I am using the BR R3.2.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: krorus123

krorus123

Jun 17, 2020
Does anyone have any suggestions on tuning the graphics settings? Bloom is very unnatural in this game, at least on my PC. There are many blinding / glowing elements with bloom turned on that look very unnatural and distracting. So I turn off bloom.

This looks more natural for most scenes, however, everything is too dark. I don't see any brightness setting in the main menu. Any way to increase the brightness of the scene / characters? Any other graphics tweak suggestions? I am using the BR R3.2.
I use DHH custom, the quality of the most vivid image is much better, an example can be found here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...lect-2-card-sharing-thread.44248/post-5624209

and also using this customizable and recommended DHH disables the game's default bloom :

Reactions: Smarmint

archipote

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2021
Hi, I wanted to know if it was possible to search for a piece of clothing other than scrolling until you find it in "customization"?
There is a "search" tab for items, is there something similar for clothing?

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
Hi, I wanted to know if it was possible to search for a piece of clothing other than scrolling until you find it in "customization"?
There is a "search" tab for items, is there something similar for clothing?
Not currently for Studio, no. Kinda weird, given there's mods for searching literally everything else in there except clothing.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
3) I don't understand a bit how to record simple animation in VideoExport. In VNGE, when you make an animation, you just choose how long to record and turn on VideoExport, but in a regular looped animation it is not clear when to turn it on so that the animation is from beginning to end so that you do not cut off the excess later.
5) Repeat the question from the previous message. I still haven't figured out the ability to adjust the length of the skirts for characters like in Koikatu.
For question 3: if you do not have to use VideoExport, try the Windows built-in recorder. You activate it by [Win]+[G]. This will summon the recorder's interface. You can start recording immediately by pressing [Win]+[Alt]+[R]. The recorder is really good.

For question 5: use Occlusion Maps. I'll post a tutorial how to use these in a few hours.

27X

Oct 30, 2019

Scenes are deliberately unlit to allow for GDI to work; which is why what sources you add being important. GMOD has a shit ton of tools for lighting, but is a complete trainwreck until HooH finishes it, and it only works with Studio and is essentially unfit for the main game; as stated DHH is your best bet as it contains options for universal global light sources.

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/878018_HS2_2020-10-16-16-11-22-620.png

https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/878019_HS2_2020-10-16-16-14-05-440.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Smarmint

logan87654321

Dec 12, 2020
Is using a VR headset some kind of life-changing experience or is it just kind of meh? Debating over whether or not I should break mine out.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
This tutorial shows how to make holes in clothing: i.e. shorten pieces, remove sleeves, collars, etc.

We use Occlusion Maps (OM) for this. I learned about OMs five seconds ago, so I do welcome experts correcting and suggesting improvements.

HS2_2021-04-27-13-39-42-128.png Here is a regular T-shirt where I like the fit but I want it to show some belly.

HS2_2021-04-27-13-38-45-120.png Aha! But I am kidding, me actually wants underboobs.

HS2_2021-04-27-13-39-03-318.png Yes! The best underboob clothing in game :)

Here is how you do this:

Step 1

HS2_2021-04-27-14-07-50-057.png Export item's OM: Material Editor (ME) -> top -> OM Export Texture

_Export_2021-04-27-14-07-51_cf_m_top_tsyatu1_OcclusionMap.png This is the default one for t-shirt

Step 2

Change the texture in a graphics editor. The MS Paint does just fine-ish. Green masks, blue gives back. .Thus, more green, less clothes:

1.png gives this HS2_2021-04-27-13-38-45-120.png

2.png yet more green gives this HS2_2021-04-27-13-39-03-318.png

Step 3

Now import the edited texture back:

HS2_2021-04-27-14-14-34-158.png ME -> top -> OM Import Texture

Step 4

HS2_2021-04-27-14-23-57-820.png Set AlphaEx under 1. Starting at 0.99 is a great idea.

Step 5

To help you think about mapping the OM to items, here is a kit for the "top" items. If you are making OMs for other dress segments (bottom, stockings, etc.), best to make a template for each segment as the OM templates do not port from one segment to another.

HS2_2021-04-27-17-44-31-601.png _Export_2021-04-27-13-20-41_cf_m_top_tsyatu1_OcclusionMap.png

Step 6

When making your own OMs you first extract the bump and the texture maps from the Material Editor to see how the program structures that particular piece. Then you paint in blue the area you want to keep and in green the area you want to mask out.

Note: these textures do not really reset or reload well at all. In case of a mistake have to pretty much start over from a project->load previous save.

Edit: The results do depend on girl models, mods, etc., etc. If the steps above don't work for your chara, try these steps on a default chara just to ensure you got the workflow right.

Last edited:
Reactions: osnoflax

RealAkamaru

Aug 25, 2020
Can we get torrent? Nopy always network error and mega has its limit, the other 2 just way too slow :/
I'm using VPN for the download and once it is complete I'll be providing the torrent link too. Just give me 2 days. Of course, I'll be needing more seeders for it to be running smoothly as I won't be running my laptop all the time.

archipote

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2021
unknown.png
Anyone have any idea why he's telling me this? I downloaded HS BR 3.1 before this one, so KK manager should be up to date, right?

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes