Great_Old_One

Aug 29, 2020
wahts the latest update
The latest pack is "BetterRepack HoneySelect 2 DX R3.1". Note the "DX" in the name, it's important. Available here:
Hit the HoneySelect 2 DX button in the left column, the page defaults to Koikatsu. Download by torrent if possible (one file rather than multi-part archive) and you can skip the larger optional Studio part if you're not yet a studio user.

i didn't find 'R3.1 Hotfix' too
If you're running R3.1 or R3.1 Hotfix (pre-DX) then your game is very old, and you need to grab the new release mentioned above. Those old versions won't work with some of the new mods/plugins.

Great_Old_One

Aug 29, 2020
So I downloaded an AI shoujo female card and put it into the female char folder for HS2 since they are compatible, but it doesn’t appear when I try to load it or drag it into the character creator. anyway to fix this? do I need to have AI shoujo on my computer in order for AI shoujo characters to work in HS2?
No need to have AI Shoujo on your system, or for that matter to have all the mods the card uses - the card should still display in maker. It's probably not a card, but a sample pic of the card, or possibly a card that got corrupted along the way. Eg - on Kenzato the cards are normally displayed full size on the main pages, but some larger cards get compressed and if you download the compressed version it won't work. All cards are in .png format, and the resolution is usually (but not always) 252x352. You can use KKManager to double-check your cards, as it can display them and read the encoded game data.

hezelaflare

Feb 15, 2020
It is likely either the character data got corrupted during the download or the character data failed to download and all you have is the picture data.
No need to have AI Shoujo on your system, or for that matter to have all the mods the card uses - the card should still display in maker. It's probably not a card, but a sample pic of the card, or possibly a card that got corrupted along the way. Eg - on Kenzato the cards are normally displayed full size on the main pages, but some larger cards get compressed and if you download the compressed version it won't work. All cards are in .png format, and the resolution is usually (but not always) 252x352. You can use KKManager to double-check your cards, as it can display them and read the encoded game data.
Ah, okay. That makes much more sense. I’ma check the image. thank you!

Eschation

Apr 13, 2020
The current version I have of this is from Sukebei, but I believe it's mostly the same as the one here. It has Better Repack.
Whenever I put the inner top Sio Corset on, and then that character (or outfit) gets loaded, in the game or the character maker, it becomes the Sio Bondage Top.
I'd love to know to fix this. Hell, I'll even delete the Bondage Top. I'm much more interested in the Corset.

Great_Old_One

Aug 29, 2020
Whenever I put the inner top Sio Corset on, and then that character (or outfit) gets loaded, in the game or the character maker, it becomes the Sio Bondage Top.
I'd love to know to fix this. Hell, I'll even delete the Bondage Top. I'm much more interested in the Corset.
Good catch - I wonder how long this has been broken. There's an error in the mod's list file - it has 2 elements (corset and bondage top), but gives them both the same ID. So the corset which should have been ID 2 got saved as ID 1, and on load it loaded 1 - which is the bondage top.

Here's a link to the repaired mod:
Put the repaired zipmod in mods\mymods, and fire up kkmanager and disable the original version which is in Sideloader Modpack\TM. You'll need to load the corsets again and re-save your cards so the cards get the new ID, but then they'll actually reload with corsets.

Reactions: Eschation

SideDoodle

May 22, 2018
If you're running R3.1 or R3.1 Hotfix (pre-DX) then your game is very old, and you need to grab the new release mentioned above. Those old versions won't work with some of the new mods/plugins.
i have DX R3.1, i just don't know how to start stuff in the game, is there a video somewhere that i can see how to play?

Great_Old_One

Aug 29, 2020
i have DX R3.1, i just don't know how to start stuff in the game, is there a video somewhere that i can see how to play?
Once you start the game, you can hit F3 for help. There's also a wiki:
Don't know of any videos.

Sycthus

Jul 13, 2017
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but the screenshots look like they are all from AI girl. I know they are made by the same people but I assume that this upload is a separate game as I already have AI girl and don't want to download all of this only to find out I downloaded the same game.

Demokaze

Jul 15, 2017
So my game has this odd behavior where if I use stuff from mods on a character they disappear a scene later or get replaced by something from vanilla, be it clothes, skin textures, accessories etc. I'm not sure if I always had this issue or if I did something.

Omake:

HS2_2021-02-19-07-34-04-076.png

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but the screenshots look like they are all from AI girl. I know they are made by the same people but I assume that this upload is a separate game as I already have AI girl and don't want to download all of this only to find out I downloaded the same game.
They share assets and use the exact same engine so that characters can be swapped between the two, but they are not the same game.

tienle688799

Feb 19, 2021
Maybe a stupid question :(. I am a newbie. I've downloaded "2020-11-16 Optional Sideloader Modpack - Part Download (52GB)". After unrar I just see 2 folders "Sideloader Modpack - Maps" and "Sideloader Modpack - Studio" without .exe file. Do I need to do anything more to play this game?

Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Noxilum

Jun 21, 2020
Maybe a stupid question :(. I am a newbie. I've downloaded "2020-11-16 Optional Sideloader Modpack - Part Download (52GB)". After unrar I just see 2 folders "Sideloader Modpack - Maps" and "Sideloader Modpack - Studio" without .exe file. Do I need to do anything more to play this game?

Thank you so much.
Hi, yes you downloaded the Modpack to use with the base 'game' and the Studio mode. You need to download separatly the base game.

Reactions: tienle688799

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020

Thank you so much.
You have to move that folders to the Honey Select folder, specifically, inside the folder 'mods'. The next time you start the game (or Studio) you will find an insane amount of assets to use there. (Have in mind that you can access them in the character creator, not in the game itself unless you have used something in a created character)

Reactions: tienle688799

Organtoxic

Mar 21, 2018
Is this game like the previous game where you just create a character and select a room or there's like an actual gameplay and places you go to?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

Thank you so much.
Hi, yes you downloaded the Modpack to use with the base 'game' and the Studio mode. You need to download separatly the base game.
The sideloader modpack is studio only, it does not affect the game side. If you downloaded by any means other than the torrent, you likely only have the modpack and need to download the game itself, as Noxilum said.

Is this game like the previous game where you just create a character and select a room or there's like an actual gameplay and places you go to?
Yes, it has some other stuff as well through the DX version, but the control method is the same in both HS1 and HS2.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes