turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
If you're referring to whether or not downloading a Steam version from here to your Steam library, then yes, it would technically be trackable (since your Steam library is accessible by Steam), and anything you download here is considered a pirated game. But, big juicy but, will a Steam employee ever look into your library, notice that there's no proof of transaction for some obscure Japanese game, of which the company that originally produced it is no longer in business, and care enough to do anything about it? I highly doubt it. Honestly, they don't care. I still choose to download non-steam versions, or avoid saving pirated games to my Steam library (not that I would EVER pirate a game *glance at my FBI agent*).
I´m not quite sure what we have here on page 1 to download as "Steam Version" ~ 11,5 GB (never tried cuz always used the full BetterRepack).
Maybe it´s according to the Steam base game (you can buy on Steam for ~ 70 bucks), but also only to extract to your drive and play it standalone (outside Steam) like the BetterRepack.

In this case it doesn´t matter if it´s from a pirate site or not. All what is outside Steam/steamapps/common Steam can´t dedect.

Maybe I´ll try this for couriosity only.

gargamel44

May 11, 2023
If you're referring to whether or not downloading a Steam version from here to your Steam library, then yes, it would technically be trackable (since your Steam library is accessible by Steam), and anything you download here is considered a pirated game. But, big juicy but, will a Steam employee ever look into your library, notice that there's no proof of transaction for some obscure Japanese game, of which the company that originally produced it is no longer in business, and care enough to do anything about it? I highly doubt it. Honestly, they don't care. I still choose to download non-steam versions, or avoid saving pirated games to my Steam library (not that I would EVER pirate a game *glance at my FBI agent*).
Sorry, I meant that now that it changed companies, is it legal to post your own VN using HS2 to Steam? Or is this still an issue?

Supirman

Jan 31, 2022
Is there anyone here who plays this game on a i3 12100f? Do you like everything in terms of FPS, smoothness and overall comfort?

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
Is there anyone here who plays this game on a i3 12100f? Do you like everything in terms of FPS, smoothness and overall comfort?
Should be no problem.
If I started with this game my Desktop had a IntelCore2Quad 9550 without any issues.

Most important for HS2 is a lot of RAM and a fast SSD for short loading times.
And there are sometimes low FPS complained with RTX3xxx cards (maybe driver issues).

turbojoe

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2021
I´m not quite sure what we have here on page 1 to download as "Steam Version" ~ 11,5 GB (never tried cuz always used the full BetterRepack).
Maybe it´s according to the Steam base game (you can buy on Steam for ~ 70 bucks), but also only to extract to your drive and play it standalone (outside Steam) like the BetterRepack.

In this case it doesn´t matter if it´s from a pirate site or not. All what is outside Steam/steamapps/common Steam can´t dedect.

Maybe I´ll try this for couriosity only.
Now tried this and indeed it´s running standalone, Steam doesn´t need to know.

Extract the "Steam version" from page 1 anywhere to your pc (strongly recommended on top of a drive and NOT C:/) and run it standalone via Initial Settings.exe.
HS2DX-SteamF95.png HS2DX-SteamF95-LoadingScreen.png

After that I recommend to add the SB3 patch (minimum "normal" edition) from here for uncensoring.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Regarding the Steam version of the game. I started off on the steam version and the manly marco release worked the best for me as far as allowing modding and decensoring. I switched over to the BR version cause I hated having to use steam every time.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes