MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
I've been genuinely impressed by what you are showing us, Mr. Wrong; perhaps I should refer to you as just Tube.

Could you share some tips on how you make your characters? Their facial structures are genuinely interesting to me. However what most interestes me is your make-up configurations, I have no idea how to make them so soft. I do not kid when I say I thought some had actual shadows from the depth of their eyes, which is something I wish to do.
Thank you so much for the support, sir/sirs/ma...dams? I put a lot work into my girls, so it's nice to get any feedback :)

I was thinking about putting a video together on my process, just figuring out how to go about that.

Not a humblebrag, but I don't really see a lot of creations that look like mine out there. Not sure if that's just people's tastes, or whether they're not certain what they can actually make in the game.

It's maybe a little of both, but the creation tool is actually pretty powerful, even moreso with mods, so we have the perfect sandbox to make girls of every sort.

As I mentioned in the post, for HS2 I've leaned more towards (as-close-to) realistic faces and body types as possible and I share my stuff pretty frequently so you fans of futa or nine-tonne tiddies can modify them to something more your tastes. I know some of you already have ;)

Explaining all the bits about the face would turn this into a lengthy essay, but I can offer you makeup and highlight tips for sure!

Firstly, I don't really get into that aspect until I have the overall look/"feel" of the girl I'm making pretty much done. But one thing I'm flattered you've noticed on many of my models, is the difference those highlights can make.

So, once I'm happy she doesn't look like a monstrosity, I change the character lighting so the face is at least 1/3 in slight shadow from one side.

You're going into the face's skin-type next. Most of those options are completely indiscernible from eachother in the default lighting setting, so change it immediately! I think a lot of players miss focusing on this feature because the default light makes them all look the same. They really aren't.

I think that why so many other people's creations look almost identical to me, not to be rude. Not everyone is going to spend hours completely ballsing-up a nose and nearly throwing your computer into a burning barrel, I get it. But change the lighting! Important!

The Face Type setting is amazing, as are wrinkles. Don't be afraid to add the odd wrinkle or crease here and there! It's all about definition!

With the lower light, you'll be able to see much clearer how drastically in some cases the skin types and wrinkles can change the whole look of the girl.

For makeup and especially the irises and pupils, opacity sliders are bae.

I play the game using a lot of presets, so if you're too heavy with colour, you'll make a fairly realistic girl look like a clown in the wrong light - just like real life :)

For the eyeshadow, a very faint brown, black, pink and sometimes blue will add shading and bit of depth. Use the opacity slider so it's barely visible, tweak the colour, tweak the lights, zoom in, zoom out, repeat :)

Same drill for the cheeks, although I suggest leaning towards reds and pinks rather than heavy, dark colours.

I have a real issue with Illusion's lipstick, and even the modded versions seem like they were made by people who've never seen makeup up close lol
Generally I lean towards Type 04, 08, 12, 13 as those are very natural-looking tones by default. I find that most of the lipsticks don't play nicely with wideslider, either.

For colour, that's personal choice. You can't go wrong with light browns and pinks, but another little trick I use is to match the lip tone with their nipple tone, looks great up close and when their lips and nips are both in frame. But that's just me.

Now shine!

Shine I prefer very high and wet-looking on the lips - this is my usual trick for making my own lipstick rather than the ones provided, but keep the shine somewhere around the thirties/forties for the eyes and cheeks. This always works brilliantly next to your choice of makeup and adds just enough highlight and definition without making them look too greasy. It'll also help you reposition the upper and lower cheekbones, if their face is looking a little off.

Before I go on too much, I mentioned eyes.

For more realistic eyes, again opacity is king. Lowering opacity for the iris, pupil and highlight gives the eyes a slightly filmy look, they won't glow in the dark too much in low-lit H-scenes.

Iris type is up to you, but for the pupil personally I prefer the Type 07 as it has a fade effect built-in. Make the iris wider than it is tall to add free shading to the eyes for more realism!

Once I've done the makeup, I might go back and try out the skin-types and wrinkles one more time. One thing with creation is to always be looking to make improvements. Sometimes one change might lead to another, or you might change your mind, so don't be afraid to backtrack.

Giving serious consideration to a tutorial of sorts, but want to make sure I have a proper grip on some of the more...interesting quirks of wideslider before I jump on that :)

Let me know if this helped, or if there's anything else I might be able to help with!

Thanks for reading!

PS: Also chucking in my latest WIP/possibly finished girl, because I'm nice like that. She's a little more hyper-real than my usual ;)

But don't just spooge on her face, open her up in the editor and have a look at the settings!

HS2ChaF_20200607180426056.png

EDIT (IN CASE YOU MISSED THE LINK IN THE OP!)
Since this post, I've uploaded a more in-depth video guide into creating detailed, Western faces. Hopefully you'll find it useful in your own creations!

Last edited:

The Outlaw

Feb 7, 2020
Thank you so much for the support, sir/sirs/ma...dams? I put a lot work into my girls, so it's nice to get any feedback :)

I was thinking about putting a video together on my process, just figuring out how to go about that.

Not a humblebrag, but I don't really see a lot of creations that look like mine out there. Not sure if that's just people's tastes, or whether they're not certain what they can actually make in the game.

It's maybe a little of both, but the creation tool is actually pretty powerful, even moreso with mods, so we have the perfect sandbox to make girls of every sort.

As I mentioned in the post, for HS2 I've leaned more towards (as-close-to) realistic faces and body types as possible and I share my stuff pretty frequently so you fans of futa or nine-tonne tiddies can modify them to something more your tastes. I know some of you already have ;)

Explaining all the bits about the face would turn this into a lengthy essay, but I can offer you makeup and highlight tips for sure!

Firstly, I don't really get into that aspect until I have the overall look/"feel" of the girl I'm making pretty much done. But one thing you'll notice (and what you've seen from my stuff) is the difference those highlights can make.
So, once I'm happy she doesn't look like a monstrosity, I change the character lighting so the face is at least 1/3 in slight shadow from one side.

You'll be going into the face's skin-type next, as most of those options are indiscernible from eachother in the default lighting, so I think a lot of players just skip it entirely - I think that why so many other people's creations look completely identical to me. Don't be afraid to add the odd wrinkle or crease here and there! It's all about definition!

With the lower light, you'll be able to see much clearer how drastically in some cases the skin types and wrinkles can change the whole look of the girl.

I play the game using a lot of presets, so if you're too heavy with colour, you'll make a fairly realistic girl look like a clown in the wrong light - just like real life :)

For the eyeshadow, a very faint brown, black, pink and sometimes blue will add shading and bit of depth. Use the opacity slider so it's barely visible, tweak the colour, tweak the lights, zoom in, zoom out, repeat :)

Same drill for the cheeks, although I suggest leaning towards reds and pinks rather than heavy, dark colours.

I have a real issue with Illusion's lipstick, and even the modded versions seem like they were made by people who've never seen makeup up close lol
Generally I lean towards Type 04, 08, 12, 13 as those are very natural-looking tones by default.

For colour, that's personal choice. You can't go wrong with light browns and pinks, but another little trick I use is to match the lip tone with their nipple tone, looks great up close and when their lips and nips are both in frame. But that's just me.

Now shine!

Shine I prefer very high and wet-looking on the lips, but keep it somewhere around the thirties/forties for the eyes and cheeks. This always works brilliantly next to your choice of makeup and adds just enough highlight and definition without making them look too greasy.

For more realistic eyes, again opacity is king. Lowering opacity for the iris, pupil and highlight gives the eyes a slightly filmy look, they won't glow in the dark too much in low-lit H-scenes.

Iris type is up to you, but for the pupil personally I prefer the Type 07 as it has a fade effect built-in. Make the iris wider than it is tall to add free shading to the eyes for more realism!

Let me know if this helped, or if there's anything else I might be able to help with!

Thanks for reading!

PS: Also chucking in my latest WIP/possibly finished girl, because I'm nice like that ;) But don't just spooge on her face, open her up in the editor and have a look at the settings!

View attachment 687041
Nice Job bro, try uploading it here:

or the illusion site:

Reactions: MrWrongtubes

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020

Firstly, I don't really get into that aspect until I have the overall look/"feel" of the girl I'm making pretty much done. But one thing you'll notice (and what you've seen from my stuff) is the difference those highlights can make.

You'll be going into the face's skin-type next, as most of those options are indiscernible from eachother in the default lighting, so I think a lot of players just skip it entirely - I think that why so many other people's creations look completely identical to me. Don't be afraid to add the odd wrinkle or crease here and there! It's all about definition!

Generally I lean towards Type 04, 08, 12, 13 as those are very natural-looking tones by default. I find that most of the lipsticks don't play nicely with wideslider, either.

Now shine!

Shine I prefer very high and wet-looking on the lips - this is my usual trick for making my own lipstick rather than the ones provided, but keep the shine somewhere around the thirties/forties for the eyes and cheeks. This always works brilliantly next to your choice of makeup and adds just enough highlight and definition without making them look too greasy. It'll also help you reposition the upper and lower cheekbones, if their face is looking a little off.

Once I've done the makeup, I might go back and try out the skin-types and wrinkles one more time. One thing with creation is to always be looking to make improvements. Sometimes one change might lead to another, or you might change your mind, so don't be afraid to backtrack.

Giving serious consideration to a tutorial of sorts, but want to make sure I have a proper grip on some of the more...interesting quirks of wideslider before I jump on that :)

Thanks for reading!

PS: Also chucking in my latest WIP/possibly finished girl, because I'm nice like that. She's a little more hyper-real than my usual ;)

But don't just spooge on her face, open her up in the editor and have a look at the settings!

View attachment 687041
Thank you very much Mr. Wrong. I'll try the make-up configurations you mentioned.

I found it very interesting the detail you said about the nipples and lipstick, I'd been doing it since PlayHome and I was surprised to see it in your characters, altought given, much better. Thank you again, and if you do make a tutorial somehow, please post it whenever we students might see them.

Abokaba

May 27, 2017
I get this error when I open StudioNeo. Infinite load screen (No problem in the Honey Select2).
error.png

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
Yes i run init.setting but had no effect (By the way, I made the update).
Hmm...I was getting issues with Studio because of an AI Girl file in the Illusion Fixes folder. I deleted it and no more problems.

Try going to BepInEx\plugins\IllusionFixes and delete AI_Fix_InvalidSceneFileProtection if it's in there. It might work. Might not. Worth a try. A far as I know it's a pretty useless file and it's known for causing problems :)

Reactions: Abokaba

Abokaba

May 27, 2017
Hmm...I was getting issues with Studio because of an AI Girl file in the Illusion Fixes folder. I deleted it and no more problems.

Try going to BepInEx\plugins\IllusionFixes and delete AI_Fix_InvalidSceneFileProtection if it's in there. It might work. Might not. Worth a try. A far as I know it's a pretty useless file and it's known for causing problems :)
Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately, it didn't work at all.

dyingbreed86

May 16, 2020

Now shine!

Thanks for reading!

This actually helps quite a bit. I would like to ask if you take any pattern when you're shaping the eyes though. It seems like the eyes are hardest to get it to look good for me.

• Love
Reactions: MrWrongtubes
Mar 31, 2019
Is there a specific place where people post there studio creations, cuz this is my first time messing with studio stuff and was interested what other people manage to create. Discord doesn't have it, f95 doesn't also, as far as I am aware.

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
This actually helps quite a bit. I would like to ask if you take any pattern when you're shaping the eyes though. It seems like the eyes are hardest to get it to look good for me.
For sure. I might just start by doing a quick video just on those, because they are very important. I'd say to get the best out of eyes, you play with two features heavily, at first, before moving on to the other sliders.

First of all is depth.

Depth is going to completely change the nationality and fixed facial expression in one slider, it's awesome. It's also, most importantly, heavily affected by the wrinkles and face type you might've already chosen.

Like I said in my previous post about the importance of going back and forth for at least a few goes? Depth will do cool things to their faces. Play with it!

The lid position is the second absolutely crucial feature. Eyelid Shape 01 and Eyelid Shape 02 have a huge effect on your model's "glance". It's whether they look sultry, or wide-eyed, concerned. It also smashes any arguments about not being able to create decent Western-looking men. :)

Or Western-looking women for that matter.
AI_2020-06-07-23-33-24-430.png
LD0 (2).png
Get the hang of how the lower Eyelid Shape massively affects the cheekbones and my personal fucking nemesis, bringer of woe, instigator of ragequits - THE NOSE. But more on those in another post, probably. ;)

With those two features, depth and eyelid shape, you drastically define the one of the most important features of the face, play between the face type and wrinkle features as well, bounce back and forth with the default sliders before you start to tackle widesliders. Those will do majorly crazy things that are as hilarious as they are irritating. lol

Have fun! :)

Last edited:

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
For sure. I might just start by doing a quick video just on those, because they are very important. I'd say to get the best out of eyes, you play with two features heavily, at first, before moving on to the other sliders.

First of all is depth.

Depth is going to completely change the nationality and fixed facial expression in one slider, it's awesome. It's also, most importantly, heavily affected by the wrinkles and face type you might've already chosen.

Like I said in my previous post about the importance of going back and forth for at least a few goes? Depth will do cool things to their faces. Play with it!

The lid position is the second absolutely crucial feature. Eyelid Shape 01 and Eyelid Shape 02 have a huge effect on your model's "glance". It's whether they look sultry, or wide-eyed, concerned. It also smashes any arguments about not being able to create decent Western-looking men. :)

View attachment 687388 Get the hang of how the lower Eyelid Shape massively affects the cheekbones. But more on that in another post, probably. ;)

With those two features, depth and eyelid shape, you drastically define the one of the most important features of the face, play between the face type and wrinkle features as well, bounce back and forth. Have fun! :)
I don't post a lot, so I disbelieve I should be the one to point it out, but I wanted to add to Mr Wrong's class as I too make more western looking characters. Or at least try, I believed I successed until I saw his creations.

However, it is also very important to notice that it's not only depth but also the distance betwen them and how further up their faces they are.

I took a little look in your character cards; after your "chucked" as one does their girl, they are so amazingly different from mine. But betwen other things we do in equal, I found the eye distance slide to be almost exact betwen most of mine.
Also tried your make-up configurations and to be honest, during the creation, I had a raised eyebrow and a grin, but the moment a scene started I was struck. I can't really thank you enough, the mouth looks excepcionally better.

Could you take a look at one of mine and do your magic on her? I was trying to make her look more as if she had defined traits, as if she was Russian.

Svetlojarsk.png

Also, since I ran my mouth, I better put my money on the table.

Ray.png

I tried to make him as American as I could. I know I managed something passable, keeping in mind the jaw width and the chin. Still, I play on a very low resolution and colors are really weird in it, so I do ask to be excused on the matter of his, and perphaps hers, hair and eyes.

Reactions: dyingbreed86

MrWrongtubes

Apr 1, 2020
I don't post a lot, so I disbelieve I should be the one to point it out, but I wanted to add to Mr Wrong's class as I too make more western looking characters. Or at least try, I believed I successed until I saw his creations.

However, it is also very important to notice that it's not only depth but also the distance betwen them and how further up their faces they are.

I took a little look in your character cards; after your "chucked" as one does their girl, they are so amazingly different from mine. But betwen other things we do in equal, I found the eye distance slide to be almost exact betwen most of mine.
Also tried your make-up configurations and to be honest, during the creation, I had a raised eyebrow and a grin, but the moment a scene started I was struck. I can't really thank you enough, the mouth looks excepcionally better.

Could you take a look at one of mine and do your magic on her? I was trying to make her look more as if she had defined traits, as if she was Russian.

View attachment 687419

Also, since I ran my mouth, I better put my money on the table.

View attachment 687420

I tried to make him as American as I could. I know I managed something passable, keeping in mind the jaw width and the chin. Still, I play on a very low resolution and colors are really weird in it, so I do ask to be excused on the matter of his, and perphaps hers, hair and eyes.
Yeah, it's hard not to talk about two sliders without then explaining how it affects FOUR MORE lol

Trying to help people learn the same way I did, without making it tl;dr

A tiny bit of wiggling on that protusion and he'll look amazing, dude. Widesliders give you immense control of the jawline, that's all I've been fiddling the last two days lol

For the girl, that Russian appearance, I be honoured, dude. Have been running my mouth all night, also haha Was just about to jump on. I'll have a look now!

Reactions: dyingbreed86

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Yeah, it's hard not to talk about two sliders without then explaining how it affects FOUR MORE lol

Trying to help people learn the same way I did, without making it tl;dr

A tiny bit of wiggling on that protusion and he'll look amazing, dude. Widesliders give you immense control of the jawline, that's all I've been fiddling the last two days lol

For the girl, that Russian appearance, I be honoured, dude. Have been running my mouth all night, also haha Was just about to jump on. I'll have a look now!
I was thinking about how to do a tutorial, since you mentioned it. I disbelieve a video tutorial would be any good to explain in detail how one should go to create certain types of facial structures. I came to the realization that writing it down would be immensely better for anyone involved, but that it would be so excruciating to deep into.
It's as you said, changing two affect four more and so on.

Also thank you, I believe I did a good job on him. And, thank Illusion for actual beards, right? If you'd only see his previous appeareances in their games you'd just laugh at it. He has a beard by his character board and I am glad I can finally put an actual good one on him.

I think your profile character is nice as well, I was surprised to see someone using an in-game character just like I did; and one as elegant looking as yours even. Just look at that moustache and how well it fits his characteristics!

You've been putting your money where your mouth is tho', now I just await to see what you can do to what I consider to be already beatiful.

dyingbreed86

May 16, 2020

First of all is depth.

View attachment 687388
View attachment 687389
Get the hang of how the lower Eyelid Shape massively affects the cheekbones and my personal fucking nemesis, bringer of woe, instigator of ragequits - THE NOSE. But more on those in another post, probably. ;)

With those two features, depth and eyelid shape, you drastically define the one of the most important features of the face, play between the face type and wrinkle features as well, bounce back and forth with the default sliders before you start to tackle widesliders. Those will do majorly crazy things that are as hilarious as they are irritating. lol

Have fun! :)
Hey man, thanks for the tip, really appreciate it! And jesus christ do those shots look good. And yea I agree with them cheekbones, I just fuck around with it until i think it looks decent and call it a day haha. I'll have to mess around with the sliders youve mentioned. Didn't realize depth was that important actually haha.

3.80 star(s) 56 Votes