5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
May 23, 2021
base.png

Overview:
A Ren'Py Visual Novel. You're welcome, Akira.

Honeymoon Quest is a WIP (Work in Progress) VN taking a comedic view on the standard hero's story and setting it a world where humans are the outsiders. The project is fully voiced and the lewd scenes are a mix between animated and still-frame images.

For the Demo, you play your character - who happened to end up on the right side of a revolution in the city-state of Shorestone. You've been sent as an emissary to gain aid and alliances for your home. After two weeks of travel, however, you're unsure whether you'll succeed - or even make it back alive.

Fortunately, someone else has other plans in mind.​

Thread Updated: 2022-01-10
Release Date: 2022-01-01
Developer: ObscureWhistle - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.01
Language: English
Voices: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - -
Mac: - - -

cordelia_norm_form_1.png cuddling_14.png Long_fin_2pause.png cordelia_invite-talking.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0005.png cuddling_1.png sub_first_12.png kiss_after_screen.png cordelia_dog_form_1.png cuddling_22.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Slayerz

Aug 2, 2017
Hmm this is a Demo, it should mostly be v0.01 instead of v1.01. It has a lot of "replayable" value since all options have a different result, but if you go blindly without trying other options it's pretty short for now. Interesting that it has actual narrations.

I've attached some screenshots for yall:

Edit: Realize OP got updated with more than just the menu screen screenshot.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: rKnight

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
An initial demo with a version number of 1.01? That is a completed game with subsequent patches!

Reactions: Slayerz
May 7, 2017
I have to mention that the volume sliders for sound, the narrator, Cordelia and the mc are all tied together. That is to say, if I want to reduce the volume of the mc, all the other volume sliders are affected.

May 23, 2021
Amazing preview images!
Love the beautiful artwork!
Hmm this is a Demo, it should mostly be v0.01 instead of v1.01. It has a lot of "replayable" value since all options have a different result, but if you go blindly without trying other options it's pretty short for now. Interesting that it has actual narrations.

I've attached some screenshots for yall:

Edit: Realize OP got updated with more than just the menu screen screenshot.
I did 1.01 because I consider the Demo as it's "own thing" of sorts - say if the project never continues, the Demo itself is completed. That, and with this being my first completed project I kinda just thought this was alright to do. And no one I talked to stopped/warned me otherwise, so I thought everything was alright. So uh...apologies for that :whistle:

Awesome work with the screenshots! That helps out a lot, thank you so much!

Reactions: Slayerz
May 23, 2021
An initial demo with a version number of 1.01? That is a completed game with subsequent patches!

I did 1.01 because I consider the Demo as it's "own thing" of sorts - say if the project never continues, the Demo itself is completed. That, and with this being my first completed project I kinda just thought this was alright to do. And no one I talked to stopped/warned me otherwise, so I thought everything was alright. So uh...apologies for that :whistle:

Awesome work with the screenshots! That helps out a lot, thank you so much!

May 23, 2021
I have to mention that the volume sliders for sound, the narrator, Cordelia and the mc are all tied together. That is to say, if I want to reduce the volume of the mc, all the other volume sliders are affected.
Apologies for that. I was aware of this issue when designing, but due to my own inexperience and an issue with the audio/sound channel, I was not able to remedy this for the Demo. In the future however, the options will certainly be separate.

Reactions: Paranoid_android
May 23, 2021
Amazing preview images!
Love the beautiful artwork!
I didn't need to know that last part, but your honesty is very....appreciated. Thank you so much, though!

And sorry about that, this is my first time advertising on F95. For the first day, it was pretty much spent trying to figure out how to move the thread through reporting and everything. But honestly, you guys and the mods are great, so thank you all so much for the help!

Reactions: wiwem71072

yamipleb

Oct 27, 2018
Yeah, the animations and everything took up quite a bit...

Assuming the project continues, I'm going to try to mitigate this as much as possible.
~700MiB for a fully voiced game demo, including multiple animated scenes, adding up to over 3.5 hours of audio (holy moly that's a lot!)
if anything that's something to show off compared to the many boring 20 minute long mute slideshows demos that take up almost as large filesize.

if you want some tips for managing the inevitable growth of the space game content takes, i have some recommendations for you:

also the guy above me has some really terrific advice for you. he must be some kind of marketing guru as his day job

• Red Heart
Reactions: ObscureWhistle
May 23, 2021
Just played through the current content and it was pretty good.
The highlight is definitely the full voice acting.
Narrator is very good, the witch sounds like a 2000's american anime dub voice actor.
I first assumed it was the narrator's exaggerated VRChat anime voice to save money.
Don't really mind though, since I enjoy hearing almost all female humanoid voices.

I was a bit disappointed the game was only 1-2 hours long and ended apruptly after just "cuddling" because I would have liked to see more of the story.
Hope it gets continued.

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about getting close to zero likes on your first release...
- There is no waifu in the banner (very bad to attract coomers)
- The fact that there were no preview images first probably made most people close the tab immediately
- The game being fully voice-acted is basically hidden when it should be in the first sentence or even the thread title

I recommend you do a "bugfix release" after your cooldown timer for the Lastest Games & Updates section runs out.
If you implement the tips above you should get 10x the likes and maybe some subscribers next "update".
Phenomenal advice!! I did may best to implement that somewhat now (hoping that remedies the situation somewhat for the short-term at least, still embarrassingly new at this kind of marketing). I have no idea if that will help...but I did try. Ditto for the new update, since I want to address the preference menu issue. You've been really helpful wiwem! I hope you don't mind if I ask a couple of questions in return that might help going forward.

Cordelia, the green witch gal who is also my pfp (assets, you've got to use them somewhere right?), her voice is very "exaggerated/anime dub" which I've heard a couple times before from others. Do you have any advice for Cordelia's VA regarding ways to mitigate this, or what would be closer to a good balance between Cordelia's naturally outgoing personality and the more "down to earth" way of speaking/thinking? Or was there a scene or time where her VA did really well that you'd like to see more of? I agree that she's a bit more exaggerated for the Demo, but going forward I'd like to make sure that there's a good amount of difference for the more serious moments and for people to view Cordelia more like a person (for better or worse I suppose).

Regarding the abrupt end after the cuddling scene - did you take a look at the other scenes, by any chance? I definitely agree that the cut off from the scene and the transition isn't great, but I'd attribute that mostly due to the push to have the four other lewd scenes in the project as well. Going forward, I may still do lewd scenes (as well as nonsexual romantic scenes) at the tail end of the chapters due to the general...lack of interest after those scenes play. Otherwise, I'll find way to mitigate this (perhaps have an option to skip those scenes for plot purposes or focus on making them the absolute final thing in each chapter).

Finally, just one more question - the right click being set to rewind instead of preferences, did you see that as a major issue during your play-through? I did that due to some other issues myself and my GUI programmer experienced while going through and fixing the gallery scenes, but didn't realize it would be an outstanding issue for some players.

Thank you so much again for your feedback and help!!!

Reactions: $@~
May 23, 2021
~700MiB for a fully voiced game demo, including multiple animated scenes, adding up to over 3.5 hours of audio (holy moly that's a lot!)
if anything that's something to show off compared to the many boring 20 minute long mute slideshows demos that take up almost as large filesize.

if you want some tips for managing the inevitable growth of the space game content takes, i have some recommendations for you:

also the guy above me has some really terrific advice for you. he must be some kind of marketing guru as his day job
You're so awesome! I'm not quite sure I can express how helpful this is. Your advice is so succinct and useful that I may have to use it as a partial guide going forward! And especially if it helps improve the quality as well as the file size - this is certainly something I will be utilizing to the fullest of my abilities.

Thank you so much, yamipleb!

Reactions: $@~ and yamipleb
May 23, 2021
need screenshots
Apologies for the lack of screenshots. :oops: A few good people helped me out and were able to add screenshots from within the game. If there's a need for more, I can definitely try to add more myself now that I understand F95's edit/post system much better!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote