aunkub11

Jul 31, 2019
At the end v 1.0 .. mc has a chance to come back to meet His cheating friend and his cheating girlfriend too?

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
At the end v 1.0 .. mc has a chance to come back to meet His cheating friend and his cheating girlfriend too?
I've written them in to play very small roles in the future, but there's no plans so far for them to be 'main characters' so to speak.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Anyone have an idea on why this is happening?

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/Locations/Intro/bg jake_intro_1.webp'>:
File "game/intro.rpy", line 12, in script
Nar "Your name is Jake Rogers."
Exception: Could not load image u'images/Locations/Intro/bg jake_intro_1.webp': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)"

The files are there (whether I unpack the rpa file or leave it packed). For some reason, some of the webp files won't open - even out of game. Although, I can see the image of the pic file in the thumbnail.

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
Anyone have an idea on why this is happening?

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/Locations/Intro/bg jake_intro_1.webp'>:
File "game/intro.rpy", line 12, in script
Nar "Your name is Jake Rogers."
Exception: Could not load image u'images/Locations/Intro/bg jake_intro_1.webp': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)"

The files are there (whether I unpack the rpa file or leave it packed). For some reason, some of the webp files won't open - even out of game. Although, I can see the image of the pic file in the thumbnail.
That's an odd one. Perhaps the file corrupted during download somehow? If you want I will DM you the image to save you re-downloading the whole thing again.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
That's an odd one. Perhaps the file corrupted during download somehow? If you want I will DM you the image to save you re-downloading the whole thing again.
I tried downloading it again. Same issues. :(
I fixed the one above and another crashed it. There are multiple files that won't open.
Let me try downloading a different game - to make sure it's not something on my end.

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
I've written them in to play very small roles in the future, but there's no plans so far for them to be 'main characters' so to speak.
If you'll allow me some advice, you'd better not bring the ex-girlfriend back. The subject ntr of the intro would return to the game and there would be complaints.
Anyway, it already leaves me with bad vibes that it is said that ntr will be avoidable but it already appears in the introduction as inevitable. If they wanted us to know the motivation of the mc, it was enough to have counted it as a thought of the mc

Last edited:

Kurokazewa

Apr 22, 2018
Did you have cheat mode active at any point? Also, can you tell what time of day it says you're at when this happens?
7am Monday right after the tutorial. I can talk to any of the girls once and then after when I leave the room it just kicks me back to the menu. Tried restarting game a couple times and even doing new game to see if that was affecting it. Skipping the intro scenes didn't fix it either since that just starts you right before the tutorial. As for cheat mode no I don't have any cheats active.

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
oh, wow, we already have the first exception. It is avoidable but not in the introduction. Skipping is not avoiding. I had hopes in this because of what the dev said but we are already with him yes but no with the famous and widely used excuse of "they are not in a relationship" It may not technically be ntr, but if she is a li, this game to the fridge. It is a pity another dev who plays hide and seek
I understand where you think you're coming from, but she's not a love interest. She's background fodder. Also, I've made it very clear both on this forum and in the game itself about the contents of the intro.

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
How do we get rid of Lucas?
To do it legitimately you'll need to wait for Episode 2. There is, however a cheat for it in the cheats menu that will allow you to continue some of Christine's locked content in the meantime.
I'm not advocating for cheats, but the option is there. Just sayin' :)

Reactions: dussalant

Kurokazewa

Apr 22, 2018
I think I figured it out. I had originally checked if there were differences between just walking into Gemma's Room or knocking and what changed if you did/didn't tell her that she was exposed. Since there wasn't too much change I just ended up doing skip text a bit. If you hold skip text while in that hallway for even a second it sends you back to menu.

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
7am Monday right after the tutorial. I can talk to any of the girls once and then after when I leave the room it just kicks me back to the menu. Tried restarting game a couple times and even doing new game to see if that was affecting it. Skipping the intro scenes didn't fix it either since that just starts you right before the tutorial. As for cheat mode no I don't have any cheats active.
Hmm. I have to be honest, that's the first time I've had anyone encounter this happening. Do you happen to have unren or something like that? If you do, maybe you could open up director mode and see what the very last line is before crash?

Taka@LumphornGames

Game Developer
May 15, 2018
I think I figured it out. I had originally checked if there were differences between just walking into Gemma's Room or knocking and what changed if you did/didn't tell her that she was exposed. Since there wasn't too much change I just ended up doing skip text a bit. If you hold skip text while in that hallway for even a second it sends you back to menu.
Ah! There ya go. Okay, not an ideal situation but at least it's not just a random bug. I'll have a look through the code and try to fix that if I can.

3.30 star(s) 60 Votes