RPGM Abandoned Hostage Hotel [Ch. 1-4] [Bondco Inc.]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

BondcoInc

Oct 11, 2018
Hey guys, Chapter 3 is out now! I will be uploading the mac version separate :)

Link for you guys:

Jan 21, 2018
Hey guys, Chapter 3 is out now! I will be uploading the mac version separate :)

Link for you guys:
Great game, but I think the shower room scene when you first use the dog is bugged. I can't seem to interact with the sparkling marker in the south of the room.

Jan 10, 2018
Just a couple of bugs that I've noticed...

First, Stephanie's eyes weren't properly cleared during one of her events, causing me to go through the rest of the game with a set of eyes on my screen. It's kind of creepy! I'm assuming it's somehow my fault, though, since that seems like the kind of thing that would end up caught.

Second, the gab for "I am a tool for her pleasure" does not set selfswitch A as intended, meaning that it will repeat every time Nancy is on the floor. As this happens regardless of story progression, it can be somewhat jarring.

Second, talking to the girl in the locker room after escaping the jump ropes doesn't work as intended; the second page of her event doesn't properly check for selfswitch A, so it will always take priority. This results in her acting as though you've already talked to her, meaning variable 107 isn't properly updated.

Third, regarding the maid on the fourth floor - all dialogue with her sets the tent quest variable to one, causing her to act as though she's already asked you to get her cleaning bottle; this means if you spoke to her at any point before starting her request, you'll never actually hear her request. Also, she tells you to go to the storage room on the fourth floor instead of the third, which I presume to be incorrect given that it appears that the next item for the tent quest is in the third floor storage room.

Fourth, there's no actual reference made at any point to the fact that this is the end of the content. This causes the player to end up wandering around thinking that they've missed something, until they eventually check the game files themselves to see what they've missed.

Regarding the interface... I actually prefer more traditional RPG Maker text boxes, compared to the ones used in this game. I also prefer the traditional menu compared to the specialized one used here. But I play a lot of RPG Maker games, so it's probably just a matter of what I'm used to.

Regarding Nancy's dream sequence, though... I'd prefer that I not be required to use a mouse for it. Since the interface doesn't use it at any other point, it feels a bit weird to use it just for that specific sequence (and presumably, future ones like it). It's not a dealbreaker or anything, but it just doesn't feel natural.

Regarding commentary on the actual content... Eh, I'll wait until Chapter Three is finished, for that. It's hard to provide feedback while things are still under construction, as we don't have the full picture.

BondcoInc

Oct 11, 2018
Just a couple of bugs that I've noticed...

First, Stephanie's eyes weren't properly cleared during one of her events, causing me to go through the rest of the game with a set of eyes on my screen. It's kind of creepy! I'm assuming it's somehow my fault, though, since that seems like the kind of thing that would end up caught.

Second, the gab for "I am a tool for her pleasure" does not set selfswitch A as intended, meaning that it will repeat every time Nancy is on the floor. As this happens regardless of story progression, it can be somewhat jarring.

Second, talking to the girl in the locker room after escaping the jump ropes doesn't work as intended; the second page of her event doesn't properly check for selfswitch A, so it will always take priority. This results in her acting as though you've already talked to her, meaning variable 107 isn't properly updated.

Third, regarding the maid on the fourth floor - all dialogue with her sets the tent quest variable to one, causing her to act as though she's already asked you to get her cleaning bottle; this means if you spoke to her at any point before starting her request, you'll never actually hear her request. Also, she tells you to go to the storage room on the fourth floor instead of the third, which I presume to be incorrect given that it appears that the next item for the tent quest is in the third floor storage room.

Fourth, there's no actual reference made at any point to the fact that this is the end of the content. This causes the player to end up wandering around thinking that they've missed something, until they eventually check the game files themselves to see what they've missed.

Regarding the interface... I actually prefer more traditional RPG Maker text boxes, compared to the ones used in this game. I also prefer the traditional menu compared to the specialized one used here. But I play a lot of RPG Maker games, so it's probably just a matter of what I'm used to.

Regarding Nancy's dream sequence, though... I'd prefer that I not be required to use a mouse for it. Since the interface doesn't use it at any other point, it feels a bit weird to use it just for that specific sequence (and presumably, future ones like it). It's not a dealbreaker or anything, but it just doesn't feel natural.

Regarding commentary on the actual content... Eh, I'll wait until Chapter Three is finished, for that. It's hard to provide feedback while things are still under construction, as we don't have the full picture.
Thanks for the input man! Let me answer them 1 at a time. The first 2 things seem to happen only under certain circumstance, the next fix will clear those up. 3 and 4 I will also be fixing, it was laziness on my part and didn't realize it would cause a lot of confusion for the player. The text box is more of a way at me figuring out how to make an appealing text box, so it's a WIP. And the final aspect on the interface during the dream sequence is due to limitations in the code. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it to work with a keyboard. I may try other work around for it. But thanks again for the input and advice :)

Jan 10, 2018
Thanks for the input man!
Girl, now that you mention it :) .

Let me answer them 1 at a time. The first 2 things seem to happen only under certain circumstance, the next fix will clear those up. 3 and 4 I will also be fixing, it was laziness on my part and didn't realize it would cause a lot of confusion for the player.
Oh, I'm glad that the eyes will be cleared up! Figuring out what was causing it when it only happens to a minority of players
seems like a real pain to figure out.

It was probably a bit unnecessarily cheeky for me to report the fourth issue as a bug, though ^_^; ...

The text box is more of a way at me figuring out how to make an appealing text box, so it's a WIP. And the final aspect on the interface during the dream sequence is due to limitations in the code. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it to work with a keyboard. I may try other work around for it. But thanks again for the input and advice :)
Hm... If this was VX instead of MV, I could offer a few suggestions for the interface, but, well, that doesn't really work for obvious reasons...

Ah, well, it's really more of a personal preference regardless. I expect most players are quite happy with all of it :) .

Blake639

Aug 5, 2018
Also to answer the sex questions, I may be adding full penetration for chapter 3 but not on the main story line. It will be included with hidden scenes located in area you can only get if you're looking at a walk-through I post. I'm doing this so the full game can be shown on youtube for those who don't want to play and want to watch. Sex isn't my goal in this game, but I will acknowledge a lot of the audience wants it. Also, my art style has become a lot more uniform, so Chapter 3 will look a lot better!

-If you hold "enter" on the keyboard it goes hyper speed through text :)
I'm curious did you end up posting this walkthrough? I looked through your site and patreon but couldn't find it. The art looks good so far!

Clobber

Oct 2, 2018
I really enjoy the story and the characters of this series. The best way I can describe it is that it can change and carry whatever tone it has in the heat of the moment so well without disrupting the progression of the story (usually). It can be be genuinely legitimately spooky one moment, hilarious, goofy, or lighthearted the next, or then maybe it might venture in to really dark, emotional, and traumatic territory all of a sudden at the bat of an eye, and somehow it all works great. It feels like a sign of something that has layers of depth that the author took time and consideration in to, something that you don't usually expect. It really makes me feel something. It's very unusual, and I really enjoy it.

The writing needs some work though. Some of the characters get a little too easily out of their situations and it almost feels like a massive retcon mid-chapter for the events earlier in the chapter (especially chapter 3 with Stephanie, every single one of her actions being completely undone for no logical reason just because it was convenient for the story progression). Also a lot of "you're" versus "your", or "they're" versus "their" issues. You might consider having someone help edit/review both the dialogue and script. But I mean I still really enjoyed it, the games don't take themselves too seriously anyway. Here's a good general guideline for writing about people getting in to trouble: the trouble they get in to should be easy to get in to, but a struggle to get out of (although I want to see them struggle if you know what I mean. In their bonds. A lot). But following that guideline makes for a much more fulfilling story/characters.

Last edited:

hathios

May 20, 2017
I am stuck at Chapter 2 I can't scape the room where I get taped and had to get the dress adn 3 ingredients.
I did everythign and there is some shiney at a hole.
Trying to act with every object in this room nothing happens.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes