Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
In the new version we have a new button called "BG Image", what is the difference between this and the "Image" button.

Do you think about adding video support in the future?

thanks in advance.
Hi, this CGM won't be updated moving forward as I am working on a new system that handles all the internal stuff a lot more differently, and will have a different renderer as well. BG image is short for background image, which sets that - I might recommend seeing if you can open "My girlfriend abroad", made by an ex-member of f95zone, to see if it can give you some further ideas on how to work with the engine. Best of luck :)

OppDaGoat

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2023
Hi, this CGM won't be updated moving forward as I am working on a new system that handles all the internal stuff a lot more differently, and will have a different renderer as well. BG image is short for background image, which sets that - I might recommend seeing if you can open "My girlfriend abroad", made by an ex-member of f95zone, to see if it can give you some further ideas on how to work with the engine. Best of luck :)
Sad to know that you won't update! I just released a game with it, really easy to use and was hoping for more updates on it! Thank you for making it free though! Been working on the plot for a while and finally decided to release it, always enjoyed the chat style games and your engine!

Reactions: Nightdrop

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Sad to know that you won't update! I just released a game with it, really easy to use and was hoping for more updates on it! Thank you for making it free though! Been working on the plot for a while and finally decided to release it, always enjoyed the chat style games and your engine!
Sorry about that; the new engine (having been recreating it) will include quite a lot more than the old CGM, but for the time being, the plan is to get this done and keep it as an internal tool until I can eventually fix the parts needed to make it fit for public use (a big part of that is how it handles the game assets, as currently it won't work well for general users but works fine for me).

My top priority now is to get the new engine to a working state, and then release (relaunch) the new Hot Dating game, followed by providing steady content releases from then onwards (I disliked being unable to do that previously as it was just disappointing for players and myself).

Also, that's great to hear; I'll have to check out your game. I'll try to find it via your profile/recent posts :)

Reactions: OppDaGoat

OppDaGoat

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2023
Sorry about that; the new engine (having been recreating it) will include quite a lot more than the old CGM, but for the time being, the plan is to get this done and keep it as an internal tool until I can eventually fix the parts needed to make it fit for public use (a big part of that is how it handles the game assets, as currently it won't work well for general users but works fine for me).

My top priority now is to get the new engine to a working state, and then release (relaunch) the new Hot Dating game, followed by providing steady content releases from then onwards (I disliked being unable to do that previously as it was just disappointing for players and myself).

Also, that's great to hear; I'll have to check out your game. I'll try to find it via your profile/recent posts :)
Good to hear that you're working on the new Engine! When you make it available, I will definitely check it out! Big fan of your work!

Is it going to be a chat engine as well? I would love to update my game later to your new game engine!

I asked the mods here to upload, waiting for them to answer my Game Request! But you can check it on my !

Axel34

Jan 5, 2019
OppDaGoat
I just found out about your upcoming game. And judging by the name of the project, it'll be something like content with the girlfriend from the Hot Dating. I really like the idea of a game about chatting with player's kinky girlfriend with lots of dialogue options! Any idea when the first version of the game will be released? And what fetishes are planned?

Reactions: OppDaGoat

OppDaGoat

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2023
OppDaGoat
I just found out about your upcoming game. And judging by the name of the project, it'll be something like content with the girlfriend from the Hot Dating. I really like the idea of a game about chatting with player's kinky girlfriend with lots of dialogue options! Any idea when the first version of the game will be released? And what fetishes are planned?
Hey Axel34! I already uploaded the first version of the game to my ! It is free to download there and currently I am waiting for the mods here to upload to the site! I created a thread here but is still on Game Requests, there you can find the tags and everything! I hope you enjoy it!

Reactions: Axel34

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Is there anything new with this game?
Not yet unfortunately :(

This game was so interesting. It's a shame it got abandoned.
Has it formally been abandoned?
Given that the dev hasn't posted to their Patreon in 2 years and that this thread is tagged as abandoned, I think that it may be abandoned.
I did not personally mark the thread as abandoned; I suppose it met some criteria for that however, given no updates, so a moderator perhaps tagged it as such.

Officially on my end it has not been abandoned, but it has been sidelined. The engine/software to create the game is being worked on and has changed quite a bit from the original (and the version of it I had lost and had to rebuild thereafter). It (the engine) will no longer handle only mobile-phone simulated experiences but also something like the traditional visual novel style of games, with the option for me to extend it with 3D and/or VR, but to keep things simple I have kept the scope to 2D for now.

I am honestly very much devoted to creating great gaming experiences and look forward to sharing them with everyone. For now just know that Hot Dating will absolutely be returning.

itslydiabxtch

Aug 4, 2019
I did not personally mark the thread as abandoned; I suppose it met some criteria for that however, given no updates, so a moderator perhaps tagged it as such.

Officially on my end it has not been abandoned, but it has been sidelined. The engine/software to create the game is being worked on and has changed quite a bit from the original (and the version of it I had lost and had to rebuild thereafter). It (the engine) will no longer handle only mobile-phone simulated experiences but also something like the traditional visual novel style of games, with the option for me to extend it with 3D and/or VR, but to keep things simple I have kept the scope to 2D for now.

I am honestly very much devoted to creating great gaming experiences and look forward to sharing them with everyone. For now just know that Hot Dating will absolutely be returning.
Do you have an ETA on a release?

Nightdrop

Chat Game Maker
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2018
Do you have an ETA on a release?
It's difficult for me to figure that part out, but since it's just an estimate perhaps 3 months from now (being optimistic). I have quite a number of tasks to do before I can return to Hot Dating specifically, but my new engine has come a long way. I have lots of asset-related tasks to get through, AI implements into workflows and final check-ups across the board. Once that's done, I bring in all the content for Hot Dating and that's where you will start seeing some consistent updates both here and via Patreon.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I am not at the stage where I need any of those. If I decide to introduce video/clips into Hot Dating then I will add at least one format of video playback.
Oh! Maybe im remembering wrong, i though i had inquired with you a year ago- because at the time we could include vid clips via animated gifs into cgm stories, which is fine, but those tend to get very big filesizes real quick.

I was thinking more for CGM in general.

Reactions: Nightdrop
3.90 star(s) 9 Votes