VN - Ren'Py - Hot Sand of Antarctica [v0.09] [Grinvald]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Onetogo

The girls are hot and having a daughter/daddy scenario makes it all the more hotter. Unlike many VN the MC is written to be a bad ass from the very beginning. Many games write the MC as a indecisive, girly man, beta, cuck you name it but not this MC Reminds me much of Ryker from Long Road Home game really. The dystopian setting is a big plus. I like that the dev was challenged earlier with both personal problems and financial and as it is said "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger". He has timely updates. Keep up the very good work and you will be well on your way to make a name for yourself your not a quitter.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Fap2766

What an excellent VN and a breath of fresh air compared to most on here.

Excellent story, great visuals (especially the twins!) and even without the sex scenes it's just a well written and executed story.

Well done and can't wait for the next chapter.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

juneba

Review at .06

I've become really hard to please with H-Games lately but this is honestly just a top tier game right now. Rating should be more like a 4.5 than a 4.

Plot is fun. Was really easy for me to buy in to the societal collapse, apocolyptic setting. Made the harem angle work really well.

The dialogue is solid which the more I think about it probably could have been a really easy thing to mess up with a plot like this. It could have EASILY been too much \ too serious but it wasn't, nice work.

Most of the girls are super pretty. One of the only two real cons for me with this game is the second wife's model doesn't feel QUITE right. Supposedly she's only a couple of months older than the daughters but they look much younger than her. It looks like the dev just put far more time into the first wife and the daughter's which is understandable but the model of a woman that claims the title of the second wife when the MC is only allowed to have two, should be a bit more special.

My only other real gripe off the top of my dome are that the backgrounds are a bit of an afterthought. Forgivable and I'm able to ignore it, especially if putting the backgrounds on the backburner means being able to develop more content, faster.

I'd say there is roughly 4 to 5 hours of content currently available.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Armstrong23

Great game! It was way better than I expected. Reminds of Fallout if it was filled with adult mods with a mix of Mad Max post-apocalyptic gangs.

Pros:
    1. Interesting premise/story
    2.Alpha gigachad MC
    3. Pretty good sex scenes(imo)
    4.Sound effects and music add to the experience
    5. Awesome fight scenes(gory too)
    6. Harem

Cons:
    1. Had a karma system in the beginning that for some reason stopped mattering in the middle of my playthrough? The game just seemed to go on autopilot with the story only occasionally presenting the optional sex scene but not any meaningful decision choices.
    2. It is translated to English from what I can tell but this wasn't too bad for me imo, but I'm pointing it out just in case.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

LewdLewy

I was surprised by how much I liked Hot Sand of Antarctica. Ignoring the odd stuff like hyenas and pythons on a desert version of Antarctica (which contains 90% of the world’s ice and doesn’t have land). It is an enjoyable harem game that finally isn’t another “Schoolboy fights bullies and bangs every woman who looks at him, with no consequences for either, despite having no other qualities like a career or something resembling intelligence.”

Let me break down why HSoA is a fun trip to take. For one, it solves a lot the problems with harem games in way that is far more believable than many:
    • Why do women want to be with the MC? In this post-apocalyptic world, MC is a has proven time and again his worth in scavenging, combat, and (sometimes harsh) strategic decision making. Women know that being with him means continued life and increased prosperity.
    • Why are women okay with being in a harem? Because that is how the world is now. The oft mentioned bosses set up their little fiefdoms to make harems possible and reward others with their own if they prove themselves (like MC has).
    • What about incest? Lol, no laws standing in the way of that now. MC is free to do as he pleases, and the women have long ago accepted that as simply a part of life.
    Besides the story itself, the scenes do have a good flow to them. The renders do a good job of suspending disbelief, and the action scenes are well paced. The other kind of action scenes are nice too (twins amirite?). Since MC has history with most of the love interests (two wives to start, ch-ching!), the pace to sexy time is reasonably quick. Can’t say much for their personality and character development at the moment, but I can’t fault a post-apocalyptic game for focusing on more pressing (and interesting) matters than romance.

(Quick note. Yes someone else can fuck a woman in this game. I know, the horror. :rolleyes: Just don't pick that option if you don't want to see the completely optional scene.)

So what’s the catch? The English is… well it’s there for the most part. The dev has done a good job with the translation, but it can be a bit rough to understand some of the dialogue. However, I ended up enjoying HSoA so much that I fixed up text for the first 2 chapters and you can find the file here.

I hope to see many more updates for this project, and I implore you to try it out if you are a fan of harem style games but want something that is more unique.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Unknown_Username_error

Nice game. The story line is good and the gameplay is nice too. I can't wait for the next update. The renders are nice. Can't wait to plough the twins. Also can't wait for pregnancy update. Want to make some babies. And group harem sex
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Soldiers9

I felt compelled for once to write a review. This game has a nice balance of story and erotic scenes, the story is actually entertaining and I did not skip anything simple for the erotic spots.
    So often do I stumble upon an interesting game only to find the story and characters get tiresome and I simply skip to the erotic spots and move on, however I was simply hooked on this the entire time.
    My one complaint is the erotic scenes have a feeling on jumping around with a lack of transition or dialogue to go along what is happening for example one image is doggy, the next missionary and the next cumshot... it all happened within 3 images and feels lackluster.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Zeph3r

Good game with a lot of potential. Fans of post-apocalyptic themes will most likely enjoy the game as it's got decently fleshed out world building and environment. Good renders with a good plot to follow alongside it. The game is still in the early stages but has a decent amount of content already. Project was derailed for a bit but dev seems to be back on track with it's development and looking at the historical release schedule updates should appear pretty often. Overall a good game and excited to see what's to come of it.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

unikon

Wonderful game. A very interesting plot and at the same time different from most productions. It is possible that in 20-30 years Antarctica will be the last oasis of humanity. Who likes post-apocalyptic climates will like this game. A big plus for the ability to choose the level of bloodiness of the scenes. Girls are beautiful and it's impossible not to love them. A little more animation would be useful, but the quality of production is still high.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

geoland

Finally a good game. I'm getting a taste for it, so far... The scenario offers many possibilities, under an apocalyptic air. the characters are endearing, so for the moment everything is there to become a must on the platform.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Benbon

I'm liking it a lot!
    The scenario is one of many possibilities if "mankind" keeps neglecting nature.
    Good renders, pretty ladies... whats more to wish for...
    My hope is it gets even better! Good job, Grinvald!
  12. 2.00 star(s)

leo_grouch

Story - 3/10 I can appreciate the attempt to create something interesting, mad max world with incest. The story telling itself is not interesting, i think mostly because the whole game looks and feels so cheap it is ridiculous.

Renders - 4/10 Although most of the models look ok, there is nothing about them that really draws you in and makes you want more.

Animations - 2/10 Typical 2 second sex scenes, pop it in and 2 renders later you are done, cheap and boring.

Grammar - 5/10 Proof read your writing.

Overall not interesting, the whole story/game is so devoid of anything that gets you to want more. It is quick paced and lacks depth, waste of time downloading. Obvious interest was just making something to draw in cash, not to make a memorable story.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Gio_B

I love everything about this game, the gorgeous girls, the plot, the world. While the world renders are pretty low quality, it is sufficient and the girls renders are just beautiful. Can't wait for the game to develop. I support the dev on Patreon to reward for such a good work. Please update more often?
  14. 5.00 star(s)

AkaiAria

Once again, here I am leaving a review. Quite rare for me. The short of it? I loved playing this VN.
    Is it 5 stars? Not quite, but its closer to 5 than 4. So its 5 for this review. I played the latest update 0.06 from start to finish this morning.
    I couldn't stop playing, was almost late for work because of it.
    Wives are excellent, daughters are amazing. Non familia LIs are great. I really liked the twist that's happening with the story. So far its been a thoroughly enjoyable adventure.
    The lighting was rough in the early renders, but improves quickly. The renders are above good overall, with the characters (even the MC) being excellent. The music is very well picked for each scene.
    Lewd scenes are well done, the one just before the end of 0.06 is amazing.
    English is clearly not the dev's first language, but the translation is perfectly serviceable. There was never a line that didn't make sense.
    Going to support the dev when I can afford to. Would love this to be on Steam.
    Now I need to end this review, I'm off to drink some more JD and play this again with different choices.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

generalchilled

I don't often leave reviews, and by often I mean, at all. I felt this one deserved at least a quick mention.

Others have stated this already but I figured I should still say it, this VN is a real hidden gem. It's not super well-known or popular that I can see, but it certainly deserves to be.

The story is good, the models are very attractive and easy on the eyes. The lewd scenes are quite good, easily some of the better quality scenes out there.

I can only imagine the kind of quality and quantity of content in each new patch if the dev had more support/a bigger team.

Verdict: For being real early in development, HSoA gets 5 butchered bandits... out of 5.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

xiphe116

Other than the fact that having fun time on the sand gave me PTSD, this game is pretty solid, I'm glad it still getting updated. The writing is still quite stiff. Could be because of the translation. I also don't like the branching narrative but it doesn't impact much so it's ok I guess. Still, you will enjoy this game
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Wuschlikuschli

The overall setting is very cohesive and the lewd scenes are wonderfully incorporated into the dystopian theme.
    The animations can't quite keep up with the other games, but the storytelling and overall gameplay is something I'll keep an eye on.
    Therefore, I don't give any deductions and stick with 5/5.
    There is no skimping on blood either and cool fight scenes are shown.
    I'm already on Patreon for a few projects and will probably subscribe here as well.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

rellu

Game has good and original story. It also has quality sex scenes. with animations. To my taste the developer could have left out stepdaughter thing. You can choose not to follow that path but then you will be missing some sex scenes.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Leobbb

While not overly complicated, this game has the basics right. The story is interesting, women are hot and the protagonist is clever and resourceful in dealing with the problems.

Overall this is a pretty enjoyable experience for a basic vn.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Lord Soth

5 Stars....really?

Hell yeah, now settle down before I stake you out in the desert.

So listen up, boot!

If you are a Chad or even posses an ounce of Chadliness, then you should love this type of VN and here's why...

So imagine you are a muscular walking slab of beef, living in a Mad Max style world where the strong survive and the weak become roadkill, you revel in your strength and uber Chad aura because when everything is going to shit around you, only YOU can protect your harem of hot bitches...maybe add a few along the way as you battle to find a place to carve out as your own.

These priceless jewels of femininity will keep the heavy load in your balls light, meaning one less problem right? and if that doesn't make your pecker rise to full salute, well among your nubile desert hotties are a pair of young twin sisters that want their adopted guardian to teach them the way of the open petal...yes, you will need to deflower them my good Chadmeister.

It's harsh out there man. Savages....Zombie Ass Dogs...Bandits...Sand in your butthole...

I have full faith that you can do this!

Travel the Hot Sands of Antarctica (that fuckin name...yeesh) and Kill! Make bitches yours! look for shelter, fuel and food....all while wondering why the dev gave such a great game, such a crap name...

I'm a Chad and I fully recommend this game! Thumbs and Cock up!