SunHouseRock

Mar 14, 2019
[/QUOTE]

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you installed the game correctly? Because failing to load at that point is what happens when you don't install correctly. In fact, that's the most common point where the game breaks in that exact way if you haven't installed correctly.

You have to download both part1 and part2. Then extract BOTH parts separately, they are NOT linked files. Then copy the extracted files from part2 into the part1 folder. I don't have the compressed files on hand anymore, but IIRC it's into the "Hounds of the Meteor_data " file specifically.

Then the game should load that scene correctly.

Also, this has been posted and talked about MANY times in this thread (often by me), and frequently about the loading screen stopping in that SPECIFIC point.
Yeah, and I didn't find much else since I last checked (3-4~ months ago) about this specific problem. Capture62.JPG

Fly'earth

Mar 8, 2021
Sh!ggy
it makes no sense not to be your system, because if the error was in the game everyone would have the same error .
repairing your system or resetting is the only thing you can do, other than having the necessary programs and system updates.
I play the game all the time , everywhere there is no error in the game .

Raistln

Oct 24, 2021
Sh!ggy
it makes no sense not to be your system, because if the error was in the game everyone would have the same error .
repairing your system or resetting is the only thing you can do, other than having the necessary programs and system updates.
It actually makes perfect sense. Look at the file path he posted. What he did was drop the second file into the data folder instead of the game folder.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Fly'earth

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Yeah, and I didn't find much else since I last checked (3-4~ months ago) about this specific problem.
Yeah, that's wrong. Look inside the HotM64Full2 file, there'll be a folder in that called "hounds of the meteor_data". copy THAT so it's combined with the "hounds of the meteor_data" folder in the file path you posted.

Do that and it'll be installed correctly. So, like I said it is the same issue that it wasn't installed correctly like has been answered the many times. Just in this case, you extracted the part2 to the wrong place instead of not extracting it at all.

Edit: You know what, I think i'll put together a (hopefully) idiot proof install guide., maybe if that's linked into the first post it'll help with this shit. Though I doubt it, since requesting the OP to change the install instructions in the first post got not reply or change.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Fly'earth

SunHouseRock

Mar 14, 2019
Sh!ggy
The thing is, I've already wiped and reinstalled the game and resetting my entire pc is not worth it
Those instructions explain how to set the game up, not much else in way of FAQ or listing potential bugs

Yeah, that's wrong. Look inside the HotM64Full2 file, there'll be a folder in that called "hounds of the meteor_data". copy THAT so it's combined with the "hounds of the meteor_data" folder in the file path you posted.

Do that and it'll be installed correctly. So, like I said it is the same issue that it wasn't installed correctly like has been answered the many times. Just in this case, you extracted the part2 to the wrong place instead of not extracting it at all.

Edit: You know what, I think i'll put together a (hopefully) idiot proof install guide., maybe if that's linked into the first post it'll help with this shit. Though I doubt it, since requesting the OP to change the install instructions in the first post got not reply or change.
Copy and put where? It's already in the managed section. Why don't you just make a video so there's visual as well?

• Angry
Reactions: souldead341

Raistln

Oct 24, 2021
The thing is, I've already wiped and reinstalled the game and resetting my entire pc is not worth it

Those instructions explain how to set the game up, not much else in way of FAQ or listing potential bugs

Copy and put where? It's already in the managed section. Why don't you just make a video so there's visual as well?
Look at the contents of the second file. You just unzipped it into the data folder. You didn't look at the path naming before unzipping it.
Let me explain this.

Open up HotM64Full2 but do not unzip from there.
Expand to the next folder which is Hounds of the Meteor_Data.
Unzip that folder into the main game folder which contains the game exe and the Hounds of the Meteor_Data folder.
You're done.

SunHouseRock

Mar 14, 2019
Look at the contents of the second file. You just unzipped it into the data folder. You didn't look at the path naming before unzipping it.
Let me explain this.

Open up HotM64Full2 but do not unzip from there.
Expand to the next folder which is Hounds of the Meteor_Data.
Unzip that folder into the main game folder which contains the game exe and the Hounds of the Meteor_Data folder.
You're done.
Should it look something like this? Capture63.JPG

f4s1k1n

Jul 22, 2017
1642408772696.png
Mine is like this and it works fine
Extract HotM64Full1 > There should be folder named HotM64Full1 > Extract HotM64Full2 > There should be folder named HotM64Full2 > Copy Hounds of the Meteor_Data file from HotM64Full2 to HotM64Full1 folder > Done

Raistln

Oct 24, 2021
Yes that is the right folder to copy into, but like I said make sure you open the zip to the Hounds of the Meteor_Data folder before extracting into that folder or you will have the second file in the wrong directory.

I am wondering why you have the HotM64Full1 game folder copied inside the game folder. Backup maybe or accident.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Full in Depth New Installation Guide (for Windows)

Step 1: Download both Part1 and Part2 of the game.

Step 2: Use 7zip (or your preferred extractor, but I recommend 7zip) to extract both part 1 and part 2 to your computer, but NOT into the default "programs" or "windows" folders.
HotM_tutorial1.png

Step 3: Go into the part 2 folder. Then copy the files in that folder.
hotM_tutorial2.png

Step 4: Go into the Part 1 files and paste the copied files into it.
hotM_tutorial3.png

Step 5:A window will pop up asking you if yo want to combine the folders, click yes.
HotM_tutorial4.png

You are done. That is how to correctly install the game.

SunHouseRock

Mar 14, 2019
View attachment 1601242
Mine is like this and it works fine
Extract HotM64Full1 > There should be folder named HotM64Full1 > Extract HotM64Full2 > There should be folder named HotM64Full2 > Copy Hounds of the Meteor_Data file from HotM64Full2 to HotM64Full1 folder > Done
Full in Depth New Installation Guide (for Windows)

Step 1: Download both Part1 and Part2 of the game.

Step 2: Use 7zip (or your preferred extractor, but I recommend 7zip) to extract both part 1 and part 2 to your computer, but NOT into the default "programs" or "windows" folders.
View attachment 1602036

Step 3: Go into the part 2 folder. Then copy the files in that folder.
View attachment 1602038

Step 4: Go into the Part 1 files and paste the copied files into it.
View attachment 1602039

Step 5:A window will pop up asking you if yo want to combine the folders, click yes.
View attachment 1602042

You are done. That is how to correctly install the game.
Alright I'm using a new HotM folder and I'm starting from scratch. I'll do this and see what happens when I get to the alleyway level

Update: Ok it works

Last edited:

flames55

Sep 25, 2017
is there meant to be a DETRIGGER for the backalley fight because i can just continuasly do the back alley thing so if i make a small critter it wont show up cuz it still seems to be treating the large one as alive(even when killed repeatedly)

sgt_bilko

Aug 16, 2018
Update today, No new build:

This is the first progress report for 2022.

The elements that have been implemented so far are as follows.

• Implementation of the emergence of parasitized maggots
  • Implementation of items that promote the growth of eggs and parasitized creatures
  • Implementation of items that will definitely get pregnant
  • Implementation of the fly stage defeat scene
The above is already complete and will be implemented in the next update.
In the defeat scene, you will get a terrible look like this, so please look forward to it.

1642717527928.png

We also want to implement yet another enemy.
There was a weird creature on the fly stage, right?
Implement the enemy version on it.

1642719195475.png

It's a plant-based creature that doesn't move from the spot, but it tries to catch the approaching prey like this.

[Can't post video]

Of course, if you get caught, you will meet naughty eyes.
I don't know if I can implement all the elements for this creature, but I'll do my best to complete it.

3.90 star(s) 15 Votes