Ren'Py Abandoned House On The Hill [Ep.1] [TacoHoleStory]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Rory Smith

May 24, 2021
The few quick time events shouldn't be a problem on normal mode, even if you missed every one you'd be able to complete everything. One QTE doesn't have a negative consequence, it just shows a different path where you didn't speak, I may move more QTE in this direction. I asked the moderators to tag it for me because I was on the fence whether to put VN, I may change this for clarity.

There won't be NTR in this game.
Okey.
Got Android apk. 81 mb only

Oct 4, 2019
That wasn't too bad.

Chloe is cute. Yours too. Don't care as much for the others, certainly not the PH ones. Doesn't seem like there'll be a fully wholesome girl in this (perhaps later?), but I'll take it if Chloe becomes our gf. She seems to care and keep it real.

The taco threw me off but I see what it refers to as an easter egg.

Wasting points on breaking the bathroom door lock didn't make a difference, it seems, since I was forced to lockpick it again. Little bug, I suspect.

Congrats with and thank you for the work so far.

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
The few quick time events shouldn't be a problem on normal mode, even if you missed every one you'd be able to complete everything. One QTE doesn't have a negative consequence, it just shows a different path where you didn't speak, I may move more QTE in this direction. I asked the moderators to tag it for me because I was on the fence whether to put VN, I may change this for clarity.
Thats fine, if a missed QTE isn't "bad" and rather just different then thats fine, though perhaps a making a note of that so people don't 'worry' they've messed up might be an idea?

Also I just want to say, because text isn't always easily able to convey intent, I'm not 'hating' or trying to tell you, or any other dev/writer, how they should do their story, I'm just giving my feed-back/suggestions and if I didn't see any potential in your effort I wouldn't bother to even do that in the first place.

Obviously its totally up to you how you want to convey your story and what that story is, so if you find my or any other feed back useful then great, if not then thats fine too.

Reactions: mofonistik

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
I generally agree.
Unless I see really positive reviews, I usually don't bother downloading anything tagged "sandbox" or "point&click".
What I want is to enjoy a story, preferably one that can vary to some degree based on the choices I make, not try to navigate a map or whatever looking for the next "event" or waving my mouse about looking for the "hot-spot".

I think writers should maybe try to understand why walk-through mods are so popular.
Its not because people are lazy, its because people want to understand what the choices they make actually do and want a nice flow to the story rather than being disjointed.

For example;
'Bad Memories' is fine, the navigating around isn't too annoying or intrusive and generally makes sense.
'My Best-Friend's daughter' is, for me, utterly horrible and unplayable as far as enjoying a story is concerned.
The 'VN' previous to that, 'Room for Rent' was only worth playing because there was a mod that highlighted when and where new 'scenes' were available.

Obviously its ultimately up to the developer, they can do as they please.
But if story telling is the primary objective then just remember that anything that isn't improving the delivery of the story, its actually just making it worse.

Some more specific feedback ...

View attachment 1222885

Who gives a shit? MC just got laid off, he has bigger problems.
If your partner doesn't understand that then shes not worth your time.

Also I really dislike "quick-time events" even in regular games.
A VN isn't even a game, its supposed to be a 'visual novel'.
Even worse when the 'normal' version has roll-back disabled so when you're caught by surprise when a random QTE shows up you'd be screwed if you didn't have a save.
I'd suggest if you want to make a 'game' then probably don't tag it VN.

Oh btw, "roommate" is code for sibling usually and since they aren't actually sharing a room, that'd make them 'house-mates' unless you're using it as a code-word.
Just pointing that out since the tag that requires the use of said code-word isn't present so far.
i don't even think i need to say anymore. you 100

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
Well, first of all, there are a lot of bugs.
After loading the save, when rolling back, after skipping text, etc.

Second, it’s a dubious pleasure to take on the role of a character who is pushed around and used by everyone.

Thirdly, for some reason during the game, I had the feeling that I was playing a game with NTR elements. I'm not saying that this is bad, but there was such a premonition that the plot would twist when your girlfriend cheats on you, and your "roommate" has sex in her room, and the MC will need to spy))

In general, it is too early to judge the plot and characters, but something needs to be done with bugs. I was never able to finish the episode because of them.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

TacoHoleStory

May 11, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sorry about your experience with the game. I think the combination of roll back/skipping and then saving must have broken your saves. I may have to disable skipping and rollback as a temporary fix. Probably going to annoy a lot of people :oops:

Thank you for the feedback on the main character. I think his attitude may also be contributing to the expectation of NTR.

Reactions: m4pII

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
Sorry about your experience with the game. I think the combination of roll back/skipping and then saving must have broken your saves. I may have to disable skipping and rollback as a temporary fix. Probably going to annoy a lot of people :oops:

Thank you for the feedback on the main character. I think his attitude may also be contributing to the expectation of NTR.
No need to apologize.
It was not a “offended review”.
I just want you to be successful and the game is better.

I'll try to play the android version. Maybe it will be more stable.

KenneX

Apr 21, 2019
It's so bugged, please play your own games before releasing it.
1. Getting spammed with int course on every screen, I have 9 INT and can't do it anymore but I'm still getting spammed.
2. Tried the chad mode but had to switch to normal, the first interaction with roommate gave me an error (undefined half_point or something like that), it's pretty bad when you get errors within first 2 minutes.
3. Skipping with CTRL literally BREAKS the game, LOL. After getting error in chad mode, tried skipping the first scene with CTRL, the monitor got stuck on the wall, the animation broke, the scene repeated and I got kicked to the main menu....
4. I could do 4 peeping scenes in a row, what's with the flow...

Last edited:

TacoHoleStory

May 11, 2021
It will probably be the same problem. I'm fairly sure I have it fixed now and will be uploading shortly.

Sorry, unfortunately I was on my own testing and building the game so I missed a few bugs. I've fixed all of the above bugs and I'm uploading a fixed version.

Reactions: m4pII

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
Well i don't like point and click or sandbox, but i think people is being very harsh and the guy is learning with the game give him a chance while is good to tell him the bugs, people sometimes go overboard and make the guy giveup by being rude to him

Reactions: punisher2099

_NAMELESS_

Jul 22, 2020
By animated, is it REAL animation or just different picture changing back and forth like 3 FPS ?
Because if so don't consider it animated otherwise.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote