Nov 8, 2018
Anyone who requested gay content must feel cheated now.
Exemplary response:
Patrick is not gay, nor bi, despite having gay content related to him. He is streight guy that fancies Rachael. You can have actual sex with only his VR avatar, and possible BJ situations are either when he is too drunk, or when it is actually suggeted by player as alternate solution to get his stuck keyring.
I am also not very interested in gay content, but I follow the discussion about this point. Even though this story update adds more depth into the Patrick character, it would be more suitable for Frank (of course in a different layout).

Sebille

Aug 17, 2018
Katherine model was changed like 5 times.

The first one did not look like anything now in the game (blonde chick in blue dress and no glasses), then there was the one with straight long hair (you can still see her in concept art in the game), that had hair with wonky physic (check 0.4.x version). Then there was one mostly plain looking (when Steam release was out, 0.6.x+), then another redeisgn for 0.9.x release (done very well) and now finally new one that does not use DAZ at all.
I think it was either 0.9.x or 0.8.x, around that time, dont remember exact versions though. That was the best Katherine for me.
As for the first and second ones, I never saw them.

Sebille

Aug 17, 2018
I just launched good ol' v0.9.3, and MY GOD there's a huge difference!

First of all, Katherine looks way better imo, which is mostly subjective ofc, but most importantly, the models do NOT look fake and plastic-y as is the case with 0.13.1.
In addition, in 0.13.1, the models are ridiculously reflective of light, making them look terrible.

I loved the old light and shadows system, particularly because it looked a bit more natural, although admittedly dull, but at least not fake and certainly not making the girls look like they are themselves hot sources of light!

Seriously, I challenge anyone to go and look at the difference, provided you still have those old versions of HP.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Exemplary response:

I am also not very interested in gay content, but I follow the discussion about this point. Even though this story update adds more depth into the Patrick character, it would be more suitable for Frank (of course in a different layout).
Personally I liked how this update added more depth with Rachael. Before this, she was pretty one-dimensional and unexplored character. Now she has a "soul".

I do hope we get more Frank, when Leah content gets expanded. After all, he is her trainer, and she adores him.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
Does anyone have a save from the previous version? please
What would be point of that? You can not use previous version saves with 0.13.3.

And tehcnically, previous version was not releeasd in F95 (0.12.4), since no one posted it.

p22

Jun 21, 2017
In addition, in 0.13.1, the models are ridiculously reflective of light, making them look terrible.
Have you tried switching from Ultra to High and such?

I noticed a lot of differences in how models are handled between different detail levels, in regards to lighting/shadows, etc...

P.S.
I actually reverted couple of times to older releases for comparing (very easy if having Steam version), and was not really impressed. But that is just IMHO.

ssmatt

Nov 26, 2017
I just launched good ol' v0.9.3, and MY GOD there's a huge difference!

First of all, Katherine looks way better imo, which is mostly subjective ofc, but most importantly, the models do NOT look fake and plastic-y as is the case with 0.13.1.

I loved the old light and shadows system, particularly because it looked a bit more natural, although admittedly dull, but at least not fake and certainly not making the girls look like they are themselves hot sources of light!

Seriously, I challenge anyone to go and look at the difference, provided you still have those old versions of HP.
Personally I prefer the new models. If you don’t like the real time reflections, just turn them off in the settings.

Though I do agree there’s something about Katherine’s old model that’s missing from the new one. She’s probably the only one that I’d say is questionable as to whether or not the upgrade was for the better, but for the other girls it’s hands down an improvement.

Akuniz

Oct 27, 2018
Sebille hi, first i did a bad example, i know that this game is unity, replied to another dev of another game about pyton and "went with the flow" but my point was that today's programers (not you, in general) care little about optimizing for other systems rather then their own. Thats why i gave the exemple of the 486, as in some old systems sometimes have untappet resorses that can be used to make the game smooth.
As for my system is low, i can run but with alot of lag and praticly everything turn off. Now you rich kids lol as you want:
Laptop btw
Intel i5 dual 4200M 2,5 gh's each
4gb ddr4
Geforce GT 740M 2GB
win10 x64

Unerstand now? Btw as for what i've played, 10/10 on the game itself, congrats.

Chuck_Boy

Donor
Jul 23, 2017
So I accidentally combine rum and laxative then save the game, is there any way to undo it?
i've tried to use command like player inventory remove rum and add it but it's still tampered rum

Sebille

Aug 17, 2018
And tehcnically, previous version was not releeasd in F95 (0.12.4), since no one posted it.
The previous version is actually 0.13.0 ? Unless you're counting each version by the second number, so yes 0.12.
0.13.0 was on F95, I downloaded it from this site.
Have you tried switching from Ultra to High and such?

I noticed a lot of differences in how models are handled between different detail levels, in regards to lighting/shadows, etc...
Yeah that helped a bit, thanks. Its strange how light and shadows is handled in this game.
Specifically, the issue I was having occurs in the master bedroom, if a nude girl is standing near the light source opposite of the bathroom, she turns pretty damn "glowy" if you understand what I mean. Reflects light too much.

I actually reverted couple of times to older releases for comparing (very easy if having Steam version), and was not really impressed. But that is just IMHO.
To each their own, but its not just subjective you know. It matters what kind of monitor you've got, it can make a significant difference, and can alter the way you experience those games.
So, your setup matters, in addition to your personal taste.
Personally, I dislike intense bloom and HDR effects.

Sebille hi, first i did a bad example, i know that this game is unity, replied to another dev of another game about pyton and "went with the flow" but my point was that today's programers (not you, in general) care little about optimizing for other systems rather then their own. Thats why i gave the exemple of the 486, as in some old systems sometimes have untappet resorses that can be used to make the game smooth.
As for my system is low, i can run but with alot of lag and praticly everything turn off. Now you rich kids lol as you want:
Laptop btw
Intel i5 dual 4200M 2,5 gh's each
4gb ddr4
Geforce GT 740M 2GB
win10 x64

Unerstand now? Btw as for what i've played, 10/10 on the game itself, congrats.
Well, programmers are pretty forced to optimize for a variety of systems, otherwise their game will simply be crap.
If they only optimized for their own, then you'd end up with console-like games, where the game is really really well optimized for the exact hardware that the console is using, but runs like shit for pretty much every other hardware, unless its optimized for that hardware.
This is one of the main reasons why console games run mostly the same on the console version as it is on PC (for multi-platform titles) even though consoles typically have inferior hardware to most modern gaming PC's.

Your example of the old 486 on Windows 95 is absolutely terrible. House Party (and virtually all modern 3D games) doesnt run on Windows 95.
In addition, that ancient system with the 486 cant possible run House Party, its not even close to the minimum requirements for the game to run.
If you somehow managed to get it to run on Windows 95 with that ancient system, the game would probably run at 0.1 Frames Per Second anyway, so it'd be pointless. And that wouldnt be an optimization issue, the hardware is simply ancient and just pure crap.
Moreover, there isnt anyone using ibm 486's, so why the hell would developers optimize for that ancient hardware?
Your example couldnt be worse.

Now, the overall gist of what you're saying though, is that developers simply dont care about people with low or mid-end hardware, and that is not really true, because if it were, they wouldnt bother with Low quality options, etc.
There is some truth in what you're saying though, since some developers do seem to make their games graphically intensive, to the point where some modern hardware just wont be able to run the game well no matter what graphics options you go for.
For reference, your laptop does count as modern hardware, but unfortunately for you, it isnt even a proper gaming laptop, even for its time.

Now, to get into specifics, your i5 4200m isnt that much of an issue, but the GT 740M is truly horrid.
You are heavily limited by that GPU, and this is true for pretty much any relatively modern game you run.

Lastly, laptops arent exactly known for their gaming capabilities, anyone with a slightest bit of sense would recommend a desktop over a laptop, as more suitable for gaming.
We have seen however parts released by Nvidia (and I think also AMD? but not sure) that are almost the same in both their desktop and laptop variants. The same as in the GPU isnt significantly inferior vs the one that is released for desktop. Same number of Cores, ROP's, VRam, etc, just lower Core Clock speeds, but the same Boost clocks!
Some laptops even have full desktop parts, which is just insane imo.
So those laptops (that are extremely expensive) are pretty damn awesome for gaming, and have little to be jealous of even high-end desktop gaming rigs.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

frostpaw

Jan 11, 2018
Little problem:
I can't interact with the characters anymore, only with objects. Does anybody know what I can do in that case. I always need to reload my save.
It bugs always after the sex scene with Vickie in the hot tube.

3.60 star(s) 61 Votes