shiddily

Aug 5, 2016
the author: "Today released version 0.8
This zalyu it through the month."

So I guess version 0.8 is available to paying customers. I don't know what the 2nd sentence means (was google translate)

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I've translated it but haven't played it yet. Hopefully this is a decent update

Reactions: shiddily

Andy

Aug 7, 2016
Update only (russian 0.8) ->

Edit: Full 0.8 (russian GIF version) ->

Last edited:
Reactions: Cirro84

Stager

Nov 25, 2016
Update only (russian 0.8) ->

Edit: Full 0.8 (russian as well) ->

Excellent. Because of you I have no desire to make a new version of the game.

Imperator753

Aug 5, 2016
If it's a good game people will pay for it despite being able to torrent it. Look at all the patreons that are shared on this site. Icstor, while already established, was at 4k a month now he's at 10k. Iccreations jumped from couple hundred to couple thousand - same thing for Greebo when he was still around.

Don't go crying about people sharing your game. All games are shared from the shit tier to AAA. What you need to do is market and position yourself so that people can find a way to pay you for the game. The best way I've seen for that is through patreon. You should embrace sharing of your game like others have because it's more exposure. I can't remember who it is that is creating a qsp in Russian as well (someone might be able to tell you), but he's embraced it and asked for someone to translate it to English for him. I am almost certain that when his game became playable in two different languages the amount he received for the game increased exponentially.

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
The paradox of on one hand having the game pirated, and then on the other, the pirates provides translations to the other 6 billion+ people on the planet. I would think of it as free advertizing. And as Imperator says. Some will pay for a continuation of the game, if they like it. If it's shit, they wont (unless catering to a specific genre (see furries))

But just my 2 cents. Or rubles in this case.

Reactions: Namco15 and PrEzi

Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
If you're going to try out the Studio stuff, select gif at the beginning (or change it in settings). The png images aren't there.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
As a (non-adult) game developer myself, in my experience these types of sites serve as free advertising. This userbase is broad and is the exact demographic that is interested in your game. It is a site dedicated to adult games and you're making an adult game.

Unfortunately your part of the industry is infested with cowboys looking for a quick buck - the amount of Patreons that pop up, gather a few thousand dollars then disappear without an update is numerous. No serious player of adult games is going to invest in a game that they haven't already played and most people want to see a progression of content before putting their hand in their pocket. This is why there are huge success stories that others have pointed out.

People like you get angry because you don't understand your business model. You are not selling content, you are selling a ongoing content service. Maybe 1000 people here download House 0.8 and you get 10 new investors out of it. Concentrating on the 990 who "got your stuff for free" is missing the point - either you didn't make a game that connected with them meaning that they wouldn't buy it anyway or they don't have the money to meaning they wouldn't buy it anyway. But there are 10 new people who now DID connect with your game who quite probably wouldn't have heard of it before. I certainly would have no idea about these Russian QSP games if it weren't for here nor many other Patreon projects if F95 didn't post on KAT before its demise.

So you can continue with your attitude that your game is some ultimate prize hidden away in a lock box which people must pay access for, but you are only hurting yourself in the short and long term. You're not selling Half Life 3, you're selling a game that people masturbate to. Perhaps a more conciliatory tone might help in the future.

zeezbro

Nov 21, 2016
i downloaded the new version, but it doesnt show a start button or any options to click on when i open either qsp. is there a fix or could someone post a save from the very first day?

Reactions: nykhunter

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
i downloaded the new version, but it doesnt show a start button or any options to click on when i open either qsp. is there a fix or could someone post a save from the very first day?
Did you download from the mega link

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote